It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I truly becoming immortal? What does that mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So guys, immortality. What does it mean in a practical sense?

I mean forever is a long time. Can we even imagine being immortal? Who wants to be immortal? Will I still be me?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Nothing lasts forever

Connor MacLeod, Highlander 2

In a practical sense being immortal would entail anguish and loneliness. It would also be a great character builder. For example would you be a good and wise immortal or be a wicked one.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't think that you or I are immortal. I believe we did not exist for the whole of eternity until we were born. I know we will die. However, I believe that as Jesus promised we will be resurrected according to Daniel and Revelation and inherit eternal life from that point onward. I only know this because I accept what the Bible teaches me. I have no personal experience to back this up. It is faith in Christ and the Prophets as being teachers and representatives of God and His Wisdom.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Energy and matter can not be destroyed, they transform. Based on that, yes we are immortals.
If you believe in life after dead, is the same, yes we will still be here but in another form (consciously or unconsciously).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

If you want to know what it feels like to live a 1000 yrs,... in only 8 hrs, commit a few crimes and suggest that pill as your punishment, otherwise, i do not believe any here can give you the advice to take on immortality.

If anyone is an immortal, let me know, make me one and lets leave this planet and explore the galaxy.

I think that over time, like every decade, you will notice a little of yourself changing. It could be for the better.
The real secret is keeping your immortality a secret. (so i guess i'll never find an immortal
)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
If anyone is an immortal, let me know, make me one and lets leave this planet and explore the galaxy.

What makes you think immortals have the ability to travel through space or even leave this planet at whim? We have to wait like everyone else but time is on your side

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Thanks for all your replys guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

I mean forever is a long time. Can we even imagine being immortal? Who wants to be immortal? Will I still be me?

we all are immortal in my opinion, not we (our bodies) but who we as individuals and a group combined really are.

Do you know who you really are or have asked that question of yourself?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that I wont exist again at some point after this life is done.

I find it equally hard to believe I will exist for ever...I look at it like blips on a heart monitor.

There has to be rest periods (death/sleep) in between.

Our lives on Earth may be analogous to the Big Picture, but writ small.

If we think of each day as a "little life" and night the period for sleep ("little death").

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well I truly believe I am immortal and that even after I die,I will find my way back to my body.
Do I have any proof of my immortality?Nope
Am I like a thousand something years old?Nope
Am I willing to put myself to test by killing myself?Hell no

But mark my word,I am immortal and I will conquer Death when the time comes

Hermes did it....so did Jesus(no disrespect),and a few other people I am not allowed to name,so yeah break free from the conditioning of society,learn the old arts and truly believe in yourself and know that you are Light just like the Creator is light
edit on 446Thursday29ampam2015-01-29T08:46:36-06:0008America/Chicago by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I believe that our souls live for an eternity..... In our present awareness we think there is such a thing as "time," but in another perspective of a different reality, there may be no time whatsoever. So, in that perspective, your ten-trillionth experience would be at the exact same location (now) as any current or down-line experience. Eternity should be a piece of cake. Love to all.a reply to: CJCrawley

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

If you do something that changes the human condition for the better, you'll be immortal. We live on in our works. We only have a short time, so spend your years wisely. I wish I would have done better and took that advice.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

ANd the devil spake you shall not die but eat of the tree of knowledge and ye shall be as gods yourselves. sound familar
genome study ai trancendense

new topics

top topics

join