It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all Equal , Except Women Who Shouldn't go to Prison !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The judicial system (including prisons) are more about removing predators from society, than"punishment/reform." Some of these people have killed and tortured in the most horrible fashion. They just executed a man in Texas who raped and murdered an eleven-month old baby!

And yet all the lamestream media did was focus on what he was saying as he lay dying ... Good God! Criminals/law-breakers should NEVER have more rights - or weepy media stories - than the victims!

Evil abounds under Team Obama, as they stir up one controversy after another, trying to railroad this country into Martial Law so King and Queen Obama never, ever have to leave the White House.

Michelle O. is already in trouble for refusing to cover her head in Saudi Arabia. This is based on their religion, or Islamic Law. But Michelle, like other elitist women above-any-law, wants everything "her" way.

The other thing about elitist women above-any-law, is that they link with others like themselves and form their own little criminal rings, with one buried in every gov. agency and every corporation. This is called Organized Crime, folks. These vicious (rhymes with 'riches') have the same attitude as the Mafia: "Go ahead, try and stop us. We have our Power Base, and you can't catch or prosecute us all."

Who "runs" these criminal elitist witches? Just look at the elitist Power Couples - especially the ones in sham marriages-of-convenience, where the wives are off playing Bonnie-with-no-Clyde most of the time.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
Evil abounds under Team Obama, as they stir up one controversy after another, trying to railroad this country into Martial Law so King and Queen Obama never, ever have to leave the White House.

Michelle O. is already in trouble for refusing to cover her head in Saudi Arabia.

You are aware that this story is based in the UK, right? NOT the US. But do take every opportunity to hate on the Obamas for stuff they have no control over. Par for the course...

And since the OP didn't bother leaving a link, here it is. Source

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'd say that more than half of the people in prison shouldn't be in prison (both men and women), but not for the reasons listed in the OP.

U.S. Has World's Highest Incarceration Rate

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I got lost on the thread opener.

Equality? Justice (prison)?

A prima facie assessment immediately shows that men and women are not equal in their offending rates, or in the types of behaviours that are the root cause of offending.

A more in depth look shows the inequalities of the criminal justice system are most pertinent to women as they, as a gender, are biologically hindered - it is they who get pregnant, socially compromised - they are left literally holding the baby or seen as potentially holding one, financially restrained - biological and social compromise leveraged by a male dominated, often paternal, society to limit women's opportunity structures (or deviate them into similarly compromised illegitimate opportunity structures), and narratively retarded through a history where emancipation of women has not actually happened, it has only just perhaps begun.

Thus in the context of a society where the poor and oppressed are continually punished through mechanisms greater than only jail time, the idea of equality is laughable.

As for justice;

The ways to end up in prison don't start with an offence, and often don't end with one.

They start by not being poor and escalate through not being a woman, to not being an ethnic minority, to not being a religious minority, to not being addicted to something, etc. Only then do you get to not being caught.

After that the list to the point of exposition and capture, it starts again in reverse order and polar opposite on how, if you are caught, it is best to evade either the process of the law or the consequence of being found guilty.

How have the paedophiles of the English establishment, that have evaded exposure and prosecution for decades, who (allegedly) walk the very corridors of power still now, practised their perversions on the population and some of the most vulnerable people in society without hindrance or restraint, and to the point of murder?

Through mechanisms like this thread that conflicts what we know of truth (that women are unequally treated), and the notional moral egalitarianism in a concept of "justice", combined with a similarly notional morally egalitarian desire for equality, to keep the public looking the other way and chasing their tails, while the real monsters stalk their next victims from high seats of power protected by a camouflage of confusion, misdirection and trickery, that has the very forces supposed to protect the population, set against the people who they should be protecting.

The system protects property more than people.
The system protects power more than people.
The system protects itself from criticism.
The system resists change.

As I said in the beginning of this post without acknowledging all of that, this thread is merely another smoke screen to begin with, and if it does acknowledge all of the issues then there is no debate to the topic as the conclusion is obvious;

It's not about putting less people in jail.

It's about bringing the right people (not just women) to real justice.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'd say that more than half of the people in prison shouldn't be in prison (both men and women), but not for the reasons listed in the OP.

U.S. Has World's Highest Incarceration Rate

This is about the UK not USA

But your right a alot of non violent offenders men and women are likley not best served in prison.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

And since the OP didn't bother leaving a link, here it is

Perhaps you should look again , the link is there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
most of the people in prison shouldn't be there, regardless of gender, race, religion or financial bracket.

Agreed!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah I didn't see that until a source was actually posted. Though I'm sure that UK has a similar problem with non-violent offenders being in prison as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yeah I didn't see that until a source was actually posted. Though I'm sure that UK has a similar problem with non-violent offenders being in prison as well.

similar not as bad yet. Think our prison pop is only 1/4 that of the USA but its the highest in Europe and has a disgusting high re offending rate like the USA.

Main difference between USA and UK I think is shorter sentences here. Its rare for one to get more than 15 years. Even Murder you can be out after 15 years here.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I didn't see that until a source was actually posted.

The source was "actually posted" when I actually posted the thread , it is , was in the second quoted portion from the source article.

edit on 29-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The other difference I think that keeps our prison pop down compared to the US is its very rare you go to prison here on simple drug possession charges.

Think only 3% of those convicted of possession in court get a prison sentence and that because of doing other illegal activity. Eg there was a case were a person on speed got the max (5 years I think) cause he was throwing bricks at traffic and hit a ambulance.

Pot you just get fixed penalty notices which are abit like on the spot fines.

Problem is you end up still with a record than then breeds other crimes like theft that have you in and out of jail on small sentences of a few months.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Good grief, I'm sure Myra Hindley would of loved to hear that the f****** b****. Also Rose West the twisted evil ****.

May their souls ROT IN HELL!!!!

Sorry ATS needed that one out.
edit on 1-29-2015 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I saw the part quoting the UK newspapers. I was responding to the twisted idea that women shouldn't be incarcerated - ever. In the U.S. - possibly elsewhere - there have been female serial killers. Not so long ago, "Nice old ladies" with boarding houses were poisoning their elderly male boardees, and taking over their social security payments. And what is it with mothers who kill their kids???

And the idea that prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there is garbage. When Texas (like California) started bursting at the seams in the prisons they had, the solution was to build more prisons - or rewrite some laws. Texas rewrote their laws to get the non-violent offenders out of the penal system - mainly for minor drug offenses. The addicts were put in rehab and left in the community.

So today, the men and women left in prison are hard-core predators - and fully deserve to be there, even if just to protect society.

Please, don't be so naive.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

One name.

Eileen Wournos.

Well, some more names...
Susan Smith, Amy Fischer, Martha Stewart...those are just some I could think off the top of my head.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
I saw the part quoting the UK newspapers. I was responding to the twisted idea that women shouldn't be incarcerated - ever. In the U.S. - possibly elsewhere - there have been female serial killers. Not so long ago, "Nice old ladies" with boarding houses were poisoning their elderly male boardees, and taking over their social security payments. And what is it with mothers who kill their kids???

And the idea that prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there is garbage. When Texas (like California) started bursting at the seams in the prisons they had, the solution was to build more prisons - or rewrite some laws. Texas rewrote their laws to get the non-violent offenders out of the penal system - mainly for minor drug offenses. The addicts were put in rehab and left in the community.

So today, the men and women left in prison are hard-core predators - and fully deserve to be there, even if just to protect society.

Please, don't be so naive.

Talk about injustice and unfair...

The State of California allowed Charles Manson to get married, they let Tex Watson and Bruce Davis go free, but Susan Atkins died in jail, Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkle are still there, but they let the guy out.

We're all equal, except the men in Charles Manson's family.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Typical misogynistic garbage of wanting to treat women like delicate little flowers that need to be protected and can't function as rational adults in normal society.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Thanks for your post. But the trials and punishments for Manson and his Family were based on van Houten's information and testimony of who had been the "active stabbers".

en.wikipedia.org...
LESLIE VAN HOUTEN - MANSON FAMILY

So only Manson and 3 female followers initially got the Death Penalty. But California repealed the Death Penalty soon after, so Manson and the 3 women got their sentences automatically commuted to Life Imprisonment. (The Family members now paroled had NOT been given the initial Death Penalty.) Manson and the still-imprisoned women have been allowed parole hears - but all have been turned down.

So this is less about the "special Manson Family men" being paroled, versus the Manson women still in prison, than the fact that these women had done most of the killing, and been originally given the Death Penalty.

en.wikipedia.org...
CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IN CALIFORNIA
The California Death Penalty was suspended on April 24, 1972 - sparing Charles Manson and RFK killer, Sirhan Sirhan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join