It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all Equal , Except Women Who Shouldn't go to Prison !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I nearly choked on my Corn Flakes when I heard this this morning , "equality" is at such a stage now that women shouldn't be sent to prison because female offenders are a "special case" !!!! .... Really ?

That's the opinion of Justice Minister Simon Hughes.

Female offenders are a "special case" and should be treated differently to men because many had been victims themselves, he told BBC Radio 5 live Breakfast.

Treated differently ?

"There are so many women who ought not to be in prison. About half ought not to be there at all," the minister said.

"I met a woman in her 20s the other day who clearly ought to be sectioned. Her problem is a health problem, not a criminality one. Prisons shouldn't have to cope with that."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Of course because men don't suffer mental health problems nor abuse or have any other of the complex problems that women have do they , men aren't home makers nor do they have sole responsibility for looking after children so yeah sure its fine to lock us up in droves but we mustn't sent the ladies to jail ..... Damn wishy washy Lib Dems.

The fact is there are there are just 3.800 women in prison in England and Wales compared to 81,000 men in prison but now the government think there are too many women in jail ?

This story aside from making me feel angry also makes me feel incredibly sad , equality is a good thing but this is not it.

edit on 29-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i agree back in the day that might have flown women cant go to jail lol .....
but now everything has to be equal so if your a women and you commit a criome go to jail just like the men have to you wanted equal rights well you got them

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

im the usa they dont play anymore women go to jail all the time now

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

In the early 1980s two court cases in England catapulted PMS (premenstrual syndrome) into front page headlines, talk shows, and medical and legal journals: it became a centre of controversy. The news of these two cases in which women were placed on probation for murder with PMS defences caused a heated debate in the press of many countries with captions such as 'raging hormones', 'premenstrual frenzy' and 'Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde'.

They can already get away with murder .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Why are the 'special cases' so much more important than the majority who end up paying for these special case lovelies?

I am so sick to death of hearing about this group, that group - all who have suffered such great pangs of grief - some even before I was born, but are clinging onto special status and special excuse. From what I have learned over the years most of those special cases all pretty much deserved the reaction from others they didn't like or were sold up the swanny by their own.

No if a woman offends of course she should go to jail, you can't give one sex the right to get away with crime - however if she is a nursing mother or with small children then I do honestly think, that unless she is dangerous to her little ones we should have the resources to house 'family jails when parenting skills etc could actually be taught and feed back earned. Its also a chance for little ones to get decent nursery or early education, which on the outside may not be available to them. Lets face it we have the money to waste on other irritating things for the rich elite to squander or ferret away. Its welll time to snatch back money that should be going to make life easier for the majority and instal services that benefit and strengthen society.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

however if she is a nursing mother or with small children then I do honestly think, that unless she is dangerous to her little ones we should have the resources to house 'family jails when parenting skills etc could actually be taught and feed back earned.

We have nurseries and parenting classes on the outside that are free for low income families here , if a woman commits a crime she should expect exactly the same sentence a man should expect regardless of her situation regarding children ... you do the crime you serve the time.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Once those in charge of making the rules and exercising them have invested enough in womans prisons, things will change.

Prisons are big business.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Once those in charge of making the rules and exercising them have invested enough in womans prisons, things will change.

The guy making these ridicules statements is one of those in charge of making the rules .... well , until the election in May.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I didn't disagree with do the crime do the time bit. I just think we could handle 'Mother-crime" when little children are involved better than dumptng the kiddies into the foster care system - which is hardly a place most people would want their kiddies to experience - would you? I am thinking about making an obviously bad situation better in the long run because what's happening today doesn't work and only creatges generations of crime families who get harder each generation.

I f you look at the jails in the UK we don't train prisoners so they can start afresh with a chance, we merely ensure they will offend again because its made near impossible for them to get a job. Reveal a prison sentence and its 'no ta'. Cameron's name and shame policy and the information about everyone today, actually does more damage in these particular circumstances when we try to reintegrate a criminal who has, incidentally paid for their crime - Often you hear their only option was to offend again or live in poverty - so what's that without the identity of a job - its a prolonging of the punishment - gearned to make someone bitter and frustrated and more importantly to make them offend again so easier to nick periodically which makes the police and government arrest figures look good to the gullible.

But back to the thread I will reiterate that I am sick of being in the majority helping to pay for the 'special cases' who bleat too much.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
most of the people in prison shouldn't be there, regardless of gender, race, religion or financial bracket.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This kind of stuff will never change.
No matter how much we can disagree with it, men are in general, seen as more violent, feral almost, compared to women.
Remember the Lena Dunham case? she openly confessed to sexually molesting her sister for close to a decade.
What happened? nothing.
Now imagine a guy doing the same thing. Does anyone really think he would get off the hook with a twitter apology?

In time it will be made clear that women and men are equal, as in they are capable of being equally disgusting as the most disgusting man out there. But in these politically correct/over sensitive times, they will have the upper hand in most of these cases, as dude, we needs to kinda suck it up for now :/

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yup I was about to post this.

Seem women get a blank check for crime it seems.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I just think we could handle 'Mother-crime" when little children are involved better than dumptng the kiddies into the foster care system - which is hardly a place most people would want their kiddies to experience - would you?

Isn't that what families are for ?
If the mother is a drug addict and doesn't have the support of her family then I would think a foster family is probably a better alternative for the child or children than the environment they're used too.
Not all mothers are loving moms and they've normally been given several chances like probation or community service before a court sends them to prison.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Women are incapable of doing anything bad (but equal to men in every way at the same time), you people are just sexist.

This discrimination against woman should stop and sexist pigs should be removed from the gene pool, at least thats what i learned from the topic i made a while back, full of female love like this

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Women are incapable of doing anything bad (but equal to men in every way at the same time), you people are just sexist.

This discrimination against woman should stop...

Political correctness should never blinker reality or truth. You were being sarcastic yes?

and sexist pigs should be removed from the gene pool,...

End of the human race then.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Yes agree with you which is why I mentioned stopping the cycle of seriously irresponsible and bad mothering. I am not in opposition to your thoughts but some kids have no hope because of whom they are born to, families are not always helpful as anyone will tell you if money, power or jealousy is involved in such a tight knit little family group or there's domestic violence.

I was having this conversation with someone only yesterday and we were saying the difference between the hard-nosed way we were treated and how so many of us have totally altered the way we parented. I use to fly out the door if the old man/woman had the 'Want a word in your ear' face on.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Then I just hope it stays exactly that, the minister's opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

While shes in jail...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I've noticed this too. Especially elitist women, who are nothing themselves, but married to a powerful man/dynasty. They are the most malicious meddlers and manipulators you've ever seen!

And with billions in joint accounts with powerful hubby, they can buy anything they want. (Just approach the owner of a piece of property, offer 50% above the value - in cash. Just sign on the dotted line and ask no questions. How many people would turn that down?)

They can even hire a hit-man to take out someone they don't like - and just get a slap on the wrist for "criminal mischief." (Which seems to be an oxymoron. If you are breaking the law, it's CRIMINAL - hardly just a trifle like "mischief"!)

edit on 29-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think kids need their parents, not babysitters.

I think you guys are incredibly fixated on crime, laws, and punishment. Evil slave system and abuse of people things.

Unless someone is a serial killer and most of those are TPTB, they should not be locked up at all. Not even a 1 time killer should be. Repeat killer. 1 time killers primarily flip over someone they know, a personal case and are not a threat to the public.

Prison = revenge, and not by family who's been affected and therefore would make some sense, but by unaffected, in sound mind and body public. They serve the elite.

Much of the stuff that results in prisons should never be on the books for crimes.

US has more prisoners than any other nation.

If the person is doing something high risk, please use healings, reform and counseling methods.

And create a better society, homes and land for all, with lots of education and workstations of different types to volunteer at, a different eutopic system because TPTB are to blame for beautiful light children turning into heart broken criminals to begin with.

They traumatize people and push them over the edge when those who are a stumbling block to others are not their testers, they're going to be holding the bag in the end. You only are to be a helping hand, to others. Equality and Kindness and Freedom.

So, I equate the legal system to imprisonment by pyscho villians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join