It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People With No Religion Underrepresented...in New Congress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ketsuko

ma'am - perhaps you have forgotten our previous conversations.
I have not.
Your priorities are very clear. I read what people post.

Yes and I read what you post.

But you have made many, many gross assumptions about who I am and what I believe about wealth.

And I am not in the business of justifying myself to you.
edit on 29-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I should never have posted this thread - but we all try to speak our piece and be heard, right?

I'm so sad....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And I am not in the business of justifying myself to you.

Didn't ask you to.

Just my impression and understanding of your character from what you write. It's all good - we both misunderstand each other. Funny, seeing as we are both in the 'writing' business, that we can't seem to communicate without feathers flying.

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The problem with a lot of these, so called, religious people in office is, first, they don't even represent most religious people either!

For example, more "Christians" are pro-choice and pro-equal marriage, than not, while the many of the religious politicians mostly bordering on the fringe. Most Christians aren't anti-science, but we get these religious whackos in office, promoting bogus pseudo science, to push a Young Earth Theory agenda, because the Bible says so, or pre-born personhood agenda, because "Life begins at Conception".

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I should never have posted this thread - but we all try to speak our piece and be heard, right?

I'm so sad....

Please don't say that! I love your threads! They're always provocative!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
The problem with a lot of these, so called, religious people in office is, first, they don't even represent most religious people either!

Very true. Like Pelosi and Kerry claim Catholic but they are pro-choice. Nearly every Christian I know favors marriage equality. Just because someone hangs out the 'christian' shingle doesn't mean they adhere to which ever denomination they claim to subscribe to.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

thanks for chiming in. I'm rather surprised at how volatile we all seem to be right now.

National tension, anyone?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If you actually understood what I wanted, you would realize I am libertarian in most things. We actually don't want a world that is ultimately too dissimilar but I believe that such a world is only a valid place IF people freely choose to live that way. Such a world that is only maintained through government force is an invalid place and not a free place at all, certainly it isn't Christ's vision. After all, one of the first 10 Comandments of God is "Thou Shalt Not Steal," and when you take what does not belong to you, even if it is the government that does it, it is theft.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yep! They represent the whacko loudmouths - which is (in my opinion) what is going to cause the continuing demise of the GOP.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If you actually understood what I wanted, you would realize I am libertarian in most things.

Yes, ma'am - you definitely are!
I do realize it.

You want less government, and the freedom to accumulate your stuff without worrying about your neighbors (and if, in a moment of sentimentality, you DO worry - you take a bag of old sackcloth and ash over there to the Goodwill, and voila! It's all better!).

Nation on fire indeed.

That's fine. Let the libertarians win. Meanwhile, people are homeless and hungry. What about them?

edit on 1/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Oh - edit to add: I sure agree with the isolationist thing that the Libertarians used to talk about. Stay out of other people's business.

edit on 1/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds like you want to do exactly what the right wants to do .. legislate morality in favor of your version of morality. The "a bag of old sackcloth and ash" was uncalled for. That's assumption of intent, and it's alternet or The Blaze type language.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well, how can I help my neighbors if I'm staying out of their business?

Now, do you want to actually talk or just level insults?

Again, keep in mind that you don't actually know me or how I live or what I do and don't do. You only know what you think based on the boogeyman you create. And I am not going to try to justify myself. I'm pretty sure I could tell you I'm living in a van down by the river and you wouldn't think I'm doing enough to help because I believe a person has a right to keep his or her stuff if he or she wants to (whether or not they ought to is another story).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The "a bag of old sackcloth and ash" was uncalled for

I was quoting ketsuko.
lol!!

Sounds like you want to do exactly what the right wants to do .. legislate morality in favor of your version of morality.

Not at all.

I'm just very concerned about the Evangelical Christian politicians' momentum.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Very true. Like Pelosi and Kerry claim Catholic but they are pro-choice. Nearly every Christian I know favors marriage equality. Just because someone hangs out the 'christian' shingle doesn't mean they adhere to which ever denomination they claim to subscribe to.

Right! Kerry, Biden and Pelosi are ALL Catholic and they're PRO-CHOICE, as are most Catholic women. They're under attack because they support the people's choice, and aren't outspoken enough in favor of their religion and the "official" Catholic position.

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.
Read more at www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

oh I definitely want to actually talk.

Van down by the river, eh?
haha

I've tried before, and sorry - your brick wall is a bit stout.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I believe a person has a right to keep his or her stuff if he or she wants to (whether or not they ought to is another story).

Thanks.

Do you pay taxes? Do you drive on the roads? yes and yes. taxes have to exist.

but, thanks for your post.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

(whether or not they ought to is another story)

I would love to hear more about this thought.

REALLY like to get into a conversation about where your boundary lies.....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well, how can I help my neighbors if I'm staying out of their business?

I was talking about staying out of other COUNTRIES' business.

Our own house is on fire. STAY OUT OF OTHER COUNTRIES.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You mean vote for the person who tells the best lies? I only do it because I have no choice. If an honest politician showed up, it wouldn't matter if he was Christian, atheist, Muslim, Satanist, Pagan, etc, I would vote for him in a skinny minute.

But apparently you've decided that if they aren't Christian (or don't have a god I guess), then they aren't honest or something. You've added unnecessary criteria for your vote decision and have therefore potentially excluded someone who would actually STAND for something, if one showed up.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
How about people with no money? Are they being equally represented? Seeing as how they make up the majority of our nation...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join