It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:44 AM
a reply to: kissy princess

mmmmm yummy greasy salty fat hot spicy murder lol yummy
i swear the crap people come up with

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:48 AM

If the cow is not milked on time, the milk builds up in the udder causing painful pressure. Eventually, this would lead to an infection of the udder, called mastitis, which can kill the cow.

So you're saying if it wasn't for humans regularly milking cows, they would all die and go extinct? That just doesn't sound right to me...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:50 AM
And people who literally think that animal life has no meaning or value whatsoever, apart from human benefit, are bereft of all moral sensibility, and make me sick.
edit on 30-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
a reply to: Jamie1

I've lived on a small farm for all my life. I have had to milk cows, take care of cows, feed cows, clean cows, etc. I don't think at any point in my life, I saw a milk cow suffering from grief or depression. Yes, these are emotions a cow can feel. But for a cow, whose only task twice daily is to walk through a stall and get milk extracted from its utters, Id say thats not bad. Compared to beef cows, which I have also raised. A cow a year would be taken to the butcher and divided amongst my family and friends to have a supply of good meat for the year. The bones and flesh were to be used as well, but after the butcher it was not my job anymore. Even when we sold cows, the others did not get upset. They had more than enough food and area to graze. They were taken care of medically, and had plenty of good shelter. I can say the same for many other cows.

But for these people to suggest that milking a cow is harming it emotionally, mentally, or physically is completely asinine. This is the reason our country and world is in such a horrible rut. Because people get upset and start a fuss over something so trivial to life that its just a waste of time to even make a stink about it. BUT even when they do protest and make a stink about it, they don't even know what they're talking about. Not a clue. The lunacy is really getting to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:36 PM
a reply to: twhite93

Your practice is how it should be done. That isn't the case anymore for the majority of the milk and meat supply, it's cruel and inhumane. And in fact the practice of factory farming is what's hurting family farmers more than anything else.
edit on 1/30/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM

“I’m here because I love my mom, and I would never want her to endure a life of violence and violation,” he said.

Is his mother a dairy cow?
Or have we started milking humans for cheese on pizzas?
edit on 1 30 15 by KaDeCo because:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
Whats the point in their parents paying for their education if theyr just wasting it like this..

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:42 PM
I want to protest the oxygen these people are wasting with these idiotic protests. STOP ABUSING TREES FOR THEIR OXYGEN.

I imagine these people using their Mac's to plan protests, not caring about the actual abuse going on in the manufacturing industry abroad. Real people being used as a cheap, dispensable workforce and are completely ignored for COWS. Yes, cows.

Some people just deserve to be smacked in the head. I assume they are all vegan, as if anyone of them has had a burger, they are most certainly a murderer.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:34 PM
a reply to: Jamie1

It seems these days we have this perpetually offended class of people. Maybe professionally offended?

Roughly 20 kids protest for an hour. Even if you don't agree with what they have to say, I don't understand the anger and vitriol.

I think most people would just shrug their shoulders and continue on with their lives. There are some very active people here on ATS who just jumped to promote this liberal/conservative thing at even the slightest and most meaningless provocation.

It seems as if that plays into the hands of TPTB to keep society fragmented and bickering.

Are these kids idiots? Sure. Are they "the youth of society"? That's a stretch. Ever since there were higher institutions of learning, back in ancient Greece, there were students protesting something. It seems a modern phenomenon to be so bent out of shape about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:41 PM

originally posted by: curme
It seems a modern phenomenon to be so bent out of shape about it.
Certainly seems to be a modern pastime, if not a profession, for some. A star for your diplomacy.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:10 PM
Maybe there's something in the milk.

<< 6  7  8   >>