It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I am a vegetarian and I'm still laughing and mocking them because they are protesting the wrong place. Either A) protest dominos head office or B) protest a farm. Protesting at a store front is absolutely stupid as it will do nothing but irritate people then they won't care.

College students should be smarter then that

i think they are protesting the wrong thing. they should be getting on the scientists about creating economical food replicators. nestle can't do it all on their own, at least not in a hurry.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I am a vegetarian and I'm still laughing and mocking them because they are protesting the wrong place. Either A) protest dominos head office or B) protest a farm. Protesting at a store front is absolutely stupid as it will do nothing but irritate people then they won't care.

My point is most people dont give a damn about animals at all.

Your a vegitarian you have a few brain cells to think about what your doing, but what about everyone else?

There are other options for people yet they choose the taste of bloody murder.

I tricked a bunch of my friends and gave them vegitarian hot dogs and hamburgers at a party I was having they couldnt tell the difference. Once I told them they were eating vegi food they were like no way dude this is meat, your no vegitarian. Just goes to show its a mental thing as well as product selection, some products like grillers can fool people into thinking they are real burgers.

As to where to protest it doesnt matter where you do it as long as you raise awareness amongst the mindless masses of people who refuse to think on a day to day basis.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i think they are protesting the wrong thing. they should be getting on the scientists about creating economical food replicators. nestle can't do it all on their own, at least not in a hurry.

We dont need food replicators because we have vegi foods now that simulate meat.

Guess what no one cares and still want real meat anyway.

People really just dont care about the ethical treatment of animals and the murder of them.

Nothing will chage that other than taking down the corporations providing all the meat to the people.

Like I said before, I tricked a bunch of my friends and gave them vegitarian hot dogs and hamburgers at a party I was having they couldnt tell the difference. Once I told them they were eating vegi food they were like no way dude this is meat, your no vegitarian. Just goes to show its a mental thing as well as product selection, some products like grillers can fool people into thinking they are real burgers.

edit on 29-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like to have a big glass of milk with my 12oz steak

Thank you cows

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

food replication would be the exact same thing molecularly, but without the abuse of animals, nor the insistence that people not eat animal proteins. at the end of the day, it's about amino acids.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

What are we all talking about then?

:-)

How many people will read this thread? How many people will read about this protest outside of ATS? The comments? The stories about the story, and then the comments on those stories...?

Protesting works - it's nothing but advertising. Getting people to think about it is the point

I understand the need to defend them, I comend you on that my friend. But let's not push it on people as it only makes us look bad in general.

Nobody is forcing anything on anybody. If something is important to you - speak up. We don't have to be unreasonable about it - but we don't have to cower in the shadows either

Animals don't have a voice of their own in all this - they really are innocent victims and at our mercy

Edit to add: Not everyone is going to become a vegetarian. Humane treatment is a good start - there's no reason we can't at the very least work towards this
edit on 1/29/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well we will agree to dissagree on the burgs and dogs.

Yes it is murder, I agree but like I just said in an edit of my last post. We can't preach it like its a religion as that doesn't work. (Pm me if you want to talk more on this subject, its drifting away)

Yes those kids have their hearts in the right place but they are not using their brains all to well. The people that go their to buy pizza from their obviously don't care and they are hungry. Protest in front of the head office and your voice will be heard, or at least have a better chance to be heard.

That is why I have said what I said. These kids are dumb... Carring but dumb.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

food replication would be the exact same thing molecularly, but without the abuse of animals, nor the insistence that people not eat animal proteins. at the end of the day, it's about amino acids.

Most people would still want the bloody murder and you know it.

Otherwise people would buy vegi foods if they cared just a little bit, sales show where the consumers are.

BTW Burger King or MC Donalds I forget which one tried this very same thing and got sued for lying to customers and not serving real meat. Of course people didnt know they wernt eating real meat, but once the cat was out of the bag people were up in arms, WE WANT REAL MEAT!

Lol people can really be pathetic. . . .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Kusinjo
Well Lib or Con doesn't matter anyway. Why choose to protest against something and not the system that began the practice? Used to be that people used animals and grew crops to feed the people in their communities with out the school kids holding up signs. Why? Because they understood that with out animals and crops they wouldn't eat. Animals were treated with love and respect right up until they were killed for food or other utility. The idiocy is not in protesting, it's in WHAT they are protesting. What the hell does Dominoes have to do with the milk people drink or use? OP is right about one thing, America is in trouble. The youth of America would rather protest for the rights of animals instead of protesting for their own rights, which are being systematically eliminated one by one. That is true idiocy. Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate. That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

Perhaps the self-righteous idiots should be protesting by withdrawing from UC Berkely.

Here's the UC Berkeley dining menu:

Cheese... eggs.... pork... bacon.... and PIZZA!! OMG!!! UC Berkeley serves CHEESE PIZZA at EVERY MEAL!!!

services.housing.berkeley.edu...

See... this is the problem with the protester class. Hypocrisy. They want to disrupt how other people live and then go back to their school that serves cheese pizza.

Reminds me of Al Gore flying his private jet to global warming conferences.

Why are you so concerned about people protesting about cheese? You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time looking for articles to complain about people being liberals and wanting other people's money?

How does this help you?

Why don't you focus on your own personal happiness and well being, rather than looking for ridiculous articles, and trolling threads looking to hector others for their worldview? You're protesting on a forum about other people protesting. Seems like a huge waste of time you could be using to better yourself.

A little less time focused on the apparent motivations of 'liberals', and a bit less complaining and whining about their personal beliefs and opinions would allow you far greater scope for happiness in your own life.

Why is it important to concern yourself only with the personal lives of those who "complain" about liberals?

You're going to be busy today if you keep trolling threads and admonishing people to stop posting opinions on ATS.

Does it bother you so much to see real life liberal hypocrisy that you feel compelled to tell people to stop posting about it?

Oh, it's not important to me all all.
I think if you looked at my posting history, you'd see that I post far more broadly than you claim. Please don't distort the facts with inaccuracies to support your own agenda, whatever that may be.

However, you constantly admonish others on a public discussion forum for 'liberal hypocrisy', and harp on and on about personal happiness, whilst moaning on and on and giving the appearance of being quite unhappy yourself.

I'm not telling you stop anything at all. I'm merely observing that you seem to become unduly upset by certain points of view certain individuals take.

As for busy, I make less than 1 post a day, compared to the more than 40 posts a day you make. I've never asked anyone to stop posting on ATS. I have observed the selective responses you make on this forum. If someone says something you disagree with, you seem to take umbrage. I've asked you a number of times why you post what you post, and also asked how this makes you happy. Please show me anywhere I've asked you to stop posting your opinions?

You appear to scour the internet looking for the most obvious and stupid of stories to give credence to your own worldview. It seems anyone not sharing this worldview with you is either a liberal, or jealous at the success of hardworking Americans. Perhaps your worldview allows no place for these people nor the idea that sometimes people are struggling through no fault of their own, but others on ATS have a different perspective.

Again I'll ask. How does making over 40 threads a day whining and complaining contribute to your own personal happiness and success?

edit on 29-1-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok for sh*ts and giggles, lets turn this a little bit. People protest Monsanto for GMOs right! Why aren't they protesting the mistreatment of plants. OH THERE IT IS!

It has been scientifically proven that plants have feelings. But they don't have a face, yet are no less beautiful. But a tree can't hug you or lick your face. Can't look you in the eye and show their sadness at being slaughtered and butchered by the masses to feed your unfeeling immoral face. Plant murderers. What? But...? Your argument is futile. You hold one form of life higher than another. Exactly what you accuse the meat eaters of. You enjoy the taste of murder as much as anyone else but you don't care to hear the screams. If there are no eyes to look into, than there is no sadness to relay. We NEED to eat, no getting around that. We do not NEED to protest. Some will and I can live with that. But what are you protesting? The eating of meat or the mistreatment of animals? You need to be a little more clear on that.
And why do you choose to protest that over the destruction of our rain forests, which is worse because it destroys ecosystems for plants, animals, and our very own planet which we need to live. As far as I know we don't have another planet to go to if we screw this one up too much. Priorities man.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

it was plant protein not meat protein. this is the difference. a replicator could presumably recreate the exact same thing, including the textures and flavors but be entirely constructed from molecules with a machine. instead of the cow acting as the machine assembling proteins, a replicator would.
edit on 29-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

it was plant protein not meat protein. this is the difference. a replicator could presumably recreate the exact same thing, including the textures and flavors but be entirely constructed from molecules with a machine. instead of the cow acting as the machine assembling proteins, a replicator would.

My whole point is people dont care, people would still want the real thing. . . .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
Just want to let you know, I'm with you on this. If we could get a machine that could supply us with all of our dietary needs by harvesting the materials straight out of the air, I would support that and get behind it. I think, though, the idea of replicators as a replacement for food from animals and plants doesn't say much about peoples willingness to protest for or against the right things. Maybe we should all abandon the old vegan/PETA/tree hugging hippie protests and start protesting technology institutes to get on top of this. Herein lies the problem. You would be threatening the corporations that make all their profits from these products and practices, hence, you will get shot at! LMBO

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My point is most people dont give a damn about animals at all.

Your a vegitarian you have a few brain cells to think about what your doing, but what about everyone else?

There are other options for people yet they choose the taste of bloody murder.

Hmm I know many many many intelligent people who eat meat, I would venture to say that some of the smartest people in the science and tech world probably partake ......

And hell im not so dumb myself
but thanks for your arrogant and accusatory tone......

Im also a hunter, I fill my deepfreeze for my family every year so that we dont have to spend a lot of money getting processed meats from the grocery store....

These all look great to me...

Anyone want to come over for dinner?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

some people would, yes. but the point is, for those who wouldn't mind, there'd be that option. and i'm guessing alot of people would prefer eating the exact same thing in every way, but without the fear hormones, bovine growth hormone, antibiotics and so forth, and abuse inherent in mass production of that nature. my hubby is a meat eater, but would eat replicator meat in a heartbeat if it was the exact same thing (minus the bad stuff), cause he loves animals (and they love him. he's like tarzan lol)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

true but the meat industry doesn't have to go away. and those involved, can get involved in the replicator industry instead if they want. the nestle article i linked suggested that they would try to fine tune it to a person's biology and health issues (if any). but that was for a home replicator.
edit on 29-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

See, the Vegans don't see what you see. They see you reveling in the carcass of a dead animal that you murdered for the sheer pleasure of killing and the enjoyment of the hunt. What they don't see is, while they judge you with there vitamin deficient brains and frail bony fingers is that they do it from the confines of the carcasses of a thousand dead trees and fill their tummies with hormone injected, pesticide chemical ridden, fertilized with the crap of the animals they wish set free food. And when there malnutrition sick bodies are fixed up by doctors at the clinic using practices they learned from animal testing they will thank them and and go about their merry way. Buying Vegan products from the grocery store wrapped in very environmentally unfriendly chemically produced plastics which will probably end up in some poor bird's belly causing massive hemorrhaging and death. But the FIGHT RAGES ON!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo

See, the Vegans don't see what you see. They see you reveling in the carcass of a dead animal that you murdered for the sheer pleasure of killing and the enjoyment of the hunt. What they don't see is, while they judge you with there vitamin deficient brains and frail bony fingers is that they do it from the confines of the carcasses of a thousand dead trees and fill their tummies with hormone injected, pesticide chemical ridden, fertilized with the crap of the animals they wish set free food. And when there malnutrition sick bodies are fixed up by doctors at the clinic using practices they learned from animal testing they will thank them and and go about their merry way. Buying Vegan products from the grocery store wrapped in very environmentally unfriendly chemically produced plastics which will probably end up in some poor bird's belly causing massive hemorrhaging and death. But the FIGHT RAGES ON!

LoL wonderfully said my friend , wonderfully said.........

Look I have no issues with vegans or anyone else.......hey man if you want to only eat veggies thats cool with me, no issues......

Its only when they attack me for eating what I chose to eat, and then try to make the giant leap that because I partake of meat im somehow less intelligent, it just throws their whole argument under the bus.....

Kudos man! glad you have a sense of humor too!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Ha! I come here for the sake of argument. I love that we get to speak our mind and opine about the messed up things we witness in our daily lives. I also respect the life choices that people adhere to, regardless if I agree or not. But as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Certain people will target normal everyday people and judge them and impede on their ability to live their lives the way they sit fit because "that's not right!" Says who? I didn't gather my buddies up to stop you at the grocery from buying your soybean tofu murder food. I didn't rally my forces at the real estate firm that sold you your rain forest destroying home! So why you up my bum over a cheese pizza?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
maybe have the first home replicators offered to people on food stamps, so they have free food at their finger tips. that'd solve the food stamp problems, although the replicators are sure to need repairs and replacement parts.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join