It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I'm explaining why they are useful idiots.

I understand perfectly well what will happen when they convince everyone of the need for certain laws. They're the ones who don't get it.

Hence why we call them useful idiots. They're helping the agenda of the ones they claim they hate.

If they really wanted to help, they'd all start their own small, ethical dairies.
edit on 29-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

end result of trade deficit, particularly since we can't compete globally with slave labor wages. why we have to compete globally when we have more than enough of our own resources to keep our economy afloat on its own, is the big WTF moment.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or the opposite could happen.

With the advent of protestors protesting the inhumane treatment of mass production animals, as well as the usage of hormones and antibiotics in these industries, it's actually turned more people towards buying locally from small family run businesses.

It's one of the reasons why we've seen such an upsurge in the demand for organic farming and ethically produced goods these past couple of decades.

Alerting people about the garbage going into our foods via mass production has played a huge factor in this upsurge.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

gotta love supply and demand - it maketh the world go round. it causes innovation and creativity. it provides options and avenues for variation.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: [post=18937806]TDawgRex[/post
So a group of students protest the dairy industry Nd that's.makes them the enemy of mankind?

They forcibly disrupt and infringe on other people's lives, advocating that other people act a certain way, while they are benefiting from the school that commits the same "crime" they are protesting.

So if people who try to force their views on others while not living in accordance with those views can be considered an enemy of mankind, then yeah, these idiot kids would be in that category.

Forcibly, what are they armed? Gee, if enough army of housewives who feed their children and their obese bodies this garbage cared they would be protesting the fake(silica for example) ingredients. At least uh, these "idiots" are doing something.

Really cute.

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
I've got to give them some credit. At least they're not keyboard warriors.

#bringbackourgirls
#kony2012
Etc.

Exactly.

More than coming to a Conspiracy/ Alt site to spout off against "coddled liberals" every thread.

Ah, divide and conquer.

WTF?

edit on 29-1-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Except then they turn around and advocate for bills they don't bother to read, and the rules in the bills put those same small operators out of business. Agribusiness wins again.

If I lose my Shatto ... I'll riot.
edit on 29-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Exactly.

More than coming to a Conspiracy/ Alt site to spout off against "coddled liberals" every thread.

Ah, divide and conquer.

WTF?

I think it's Ann Coulter. And the real idiocy around here. LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

My god what are these kids being taught?! This just is beyond me in all ways. I'm dumbfound.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At least they're doing something? My cat is doing something right now too. Sleeping.

Everybody is doing something.

So you think it's cool for them to disrupt a private business and their customers over cheese pizza when they willfully endorse and fund their own school that serves cheese pizza?

All because Domino's said "Thank you cows" on a pizza box.

I wonder which of these "useful idiots" ordered the pizza and saw the ad?

Maybe "doing something" might have been anything else, like walking a few blocks down the street and volunteering at a homeless shelter or tutoring inner city kids.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
At least they're doing something? My cat is doing something right now too. Sleeping.

Everybody is doing something.

So you think it's cool for them to disrupt a private business and their customers over cheese pizza when they willfully endorse and fund their own school that serves cheese pizza?

All because Domino's said "Thank you cows" on a pizza box.

I wonder which of these "useful idiots" ordered the pizza and saw the ad?

Maybe "doing something" might have been anything else, like walking a few blocks down the street and volunteering at a homeless shelter or tutoring inner city kids.

Guess that you don't understand what they are demonstrating against?

"Thank you cows" is in reply to to a company that use Factory farm milk cow's milk for the source of their cheese product(yes, silica is included).

Separated from all the calves they give birth to. Dairy cows living in a happy healthy environment can live for up to 25 years. But because of their hard lives, they are worn out by 4 or 5 years old. They will be sent to slaughter, where many cannot even stand up anymore. They are filled with fear, as they smell the blood of others who have had their throats cut, and struggle to escape when they hear the cries of the other cows. An absolute gruelling life and gruelling death, all inhumane and cruel. Cows are sensitive, and are sentient creatures, they deserve respect and compassion.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

These kids will have actually helped the big guys they claim to hate and not the cows they claim to love. This is why they are actually useful idiots.

Not true ketsuko - do you have any idea how much things have changed in just the past 5 years - because of a new awareness of how our animals are treated? Free range is growing - humanely treated is succeeding - and corporate grocers are now offering these products where a few years ago you had to go to specialty shops to get them. The more people support the humanely treated animal products, the more incentive there is for the little guy

The enormous corporate farms are lobbying against all this - they have ag-gag laws in place specifically so the public can't know just how bad bad is

As much as I sympathize with the little business guy (whether you believe me or not on this - I assure you I do) ethics and compassion are what dictate my choices

I love dairy as much as the next person - but not if an animal has to be tortured in order for me to have it

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Ever consider putting some effort into solutions? Or is that not part of the job description?

Jamie1 isn't here for the conversation - which is a shame

2016 is right around the corner and time's a-wastin'. There's only enough time to proselytize

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Hey, it's a free country. Take the information the kids want to tell you about to make a choice. Just don't live in the psychedelic lala land where all cows have names and live in bright green pastures.

Thank you for that Desert

It's unbelievable how much damage all those happy, dancing cartoon cows have done...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Or the opposite could happen.

Yes. The more people believe in the possibility, the more possible it becomes

:-)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A lot of issues here on ATS I fall left of center on enough so that many call me a liberal but with this particular issue I agree it is stupid in fact it is things like this that earn the title of libtard. It has been so poorly executed targeted and thought out it doesn't deserve to be defended.

OK let's say the issue of cows milk is worthy of some attention how does going after dominos help in any way. That is rhetorical I am not at all interested in how it can be related. IMO nothing can make me think these kids were not being idiots at this point, however if they had found a worthy target to protest I may have given them some thought.

Keep in mind both sides can go full retard and often do on issues, neither side owns the crown of stupidity and I will not personally defend either side when they go full retard. I may try to have a different perspective, but I will still call a spade a spade.

I do appreciate when either side does these things because I always get a good chuckle.

Remember when Glenn Beck warned of paranoid, misinformed people and the danger they posed to America? Some of his followers started protesting themselves, with chants like, "We only have 10 percent of the information!" and, "We make sweeping, dangerous generalizations based on the ravings of a zoo hack" One purposely flipped his own car and even maced himself, yelling, "I'm incapable of discerning misinformation from truth!"

Oh, those were some good laughs.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's not easy protesting Big Agriculture these days. It's actually kind of smart to demonstrate at businesses that buy/profit from products/practices you are protesting... their message could have better in my opinion but I'm not the one getting off my ass and protesting factory farming so really, I have no place to say... but the idea is to raise awareness so that maybe the business can consider more ethical products/practices.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I see protesting of all kinds lately from the Ethical Vegans to the Anti-Vaccers. From the Anti-Police Brutality to the Occupy movements. What do they all have in common? NOTHING CHANGES. So Godaddy pulled there ad, big deal. Do you really think it's going to hit them in the pocket? NO. You wanna know why these kids are protesting animal rights? Because it won't get them shot at. You protest something that may very well have a chance at working, what happens? That's right! You get shot at! Whoever said these kids are clever, well I don't know how clever you have to be to not want to get shot at!

These people can't affect any real change. Not with all the money to be made. If you got all the protesters in the country to rally for one single cause than maybe, just maybe, we could affect a change that would make a difference. But until then the big wigs are going to sit back and grin while the money piles in. And these kids will get their degrees and go on to work for these very same companies and meet the person they were protesting and when that person says "I'm giving you a promotion AND a raise in pay. I like your determination!" Do you honestly think they are going to say "NO YOU ARE MEAN TO ANIMALS! SHOVE YOUR PROMO AND RAISE!" Hmmm maybe I am being cynical!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Lmao I always get a kick out of these people. I bet they consume dairy on a regular basis and don't even know it.

By their logic then we should all be free and not have to worry about laws or taxes, as humans are animals aswell.

I'm on dominos side on this protest. As it is not their fault that humans have been drinking milk for hundreds or thousands of years. Why don't these idiots protest at a cow ranch instead. But I guess city slickers are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Freaking idiots if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When people show they actually care about the immorality towards the inhumane treatment of animals in our society what do most people do? Mock them with threads like these. Deny ignorance indeed. Its more like perpetuate ignorance.

We have plenty of vegitarian meats or fake milks/cheeses people could buy if they wanted to care about animals at all.

Guess what most people dont care enough to buy fake meat or fake milks/cheeses because they want the real thing.

People are addicted to the murder and suffering of animals, no getting around it, of course there are other ways available today at your local markets, but most dont accept those things out of prejudice against vegi foods.

When people do actually care about the inhumane treatment of animals they are mocked with threads like these and called all sorts of names.

Look in the mirror at your immorality address that issue.

Many dont have morals at all and refuse to change even when another way is presented to you.
Its pathetic to say the least. . . . .

edit on 29-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I am a vegetarian and I'm still laughing and mocking them because they are protesting the wrong place. Either A) protest dominos head office or B) protest a farm. Protesting at a store front is absolutely stupid as it will do nothing but irritate people then they won't care.

College students should be smarter then that.

Also fake meat is nasty. In don't blame people for not wanting to eat that.

Another problem is that most of us vegetarians preach about it to non vegetarians like its a religion or something. It is not for everyone. People have to really want to do it, and put the effort in to stay vegetarian. Its a life style choice that not everyone is willing to chose.

I understand the need to defend them, I comend you on that my friend. But let's not push it on people as it only makes us look bad in general.
edit on 34115p43429 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join