It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1
Do all the students who attend this university have trust funds or are you just assuming again. Your anger seems to be based on jealousy about these students attending this university.
You complain they are privileged but then also complain when they are active politically.
You seem to want them to be poor and watching tv.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

What a thoughtful and intelligent reply

I'll take my chances with - what did you call them - idiots? Waste of a bag of flesh?

Happy hunting

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

What a thoughtful and intelligent reply

I'll take my chances with - what did you call them - idiots? Waste of a bag of flesh?

Happy hunting

Well, I did say that I do consider them to be the enemy of Mankind. Not all of us live in Kumbaya land of fantasy. Some of us live in the real world.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

More Liberal Idiocy

Self-righteous indignation indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, I did say that I do consider them to be the enemy of Mankind. Not all of us live in Kumbaya land of fantasy. Some of us live in the real world.

You also said that you never witnessed any abuse of dairy cows - and that they shouldn't be abused. Why not comment on the conditions I posted? No opinion on any of that?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

“dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk,” and “all animals deserve to be free.”

“It makes it look like they care about animals’ lives, when really they make massive profits on animal exploitation,” Jones told the Daily Californian.

Members of UC Berkeley’s Organization for Animal Advocacy gathered outside a local Domino’s Pizza recently to protest the chain’s latest pizza box design, which allegedly endorses the ‘rape and forcible impregnation’ of dairy cows.

Here are a few things the OP selectively left out of the source

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I've never seen a cows tail severed. That's a new one for me. Yes, I have seen cows get sick, and they are separated from the herd and treated or put down if need be. My Grandfather never separated the Mother from the calf for at least a year, and then only if it was a male. Everyone in that section of Wisconsin follows the same rules. I guess you could call them free-range. They were raised that way before that term was even invented.

Beef cattle are treated totally different though than dairy cows. You want Dairy cows to be healthy so they keep producing. Beef cattle just have one use and destination. The dinner plate.

I do buy free range beef on the occasion. The taste is totally different from the others mass produced. And free range beef is usually slaughtered more humanely as well. A quick one and done to the head.
edit on 29-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My Grandfather never separated the Mother from the calf for at least a year, and then only if it was a male. Everyone in that section of Wisconsin follows the same rules. I guess you could call them free-range. They were raised that way before that term was even invented.

Then you should understand what the fight is really about. It's not about your grandpa's farm - this is about large scale corporate farming - where an animal is essentially tortured until it's no longer useful

It's easy to dismiss these kids - and all people protesting animal abuse because most people don't really want to examine where their food comes from or how it arrives at their table

You call these kids idiots because they're compassionate

edit on 1/29/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I call those idiots because that's what I think they are. Useful idiots who would have me change the way I do things to suit their wants and needs.

If I did that, then I would be no different than the cows they are protesting about now would I? But of course, that would suit their purpose then wouldn't it?

Nope...I refuse to listen to ignorant people and will fight back with logic and rational thought...not emotions.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Nope...I refuse to listen to ignorant people and will fight back with logic and rational thought...not emotions.

You've already proven you're not capable of any of that

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So anybody that doesn't share your views are ignorant. Wow that's remarkably ignorant in itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You've already proven you're not capable of any of that

I have plenty of empathy and emotions. But only when they're called for. This issue is a non issue to me with the exception that these yabooheads want to take something away from me that I really like. Namely cheese.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

By God we should all start a PETITION! These ‘roughly’ 20 students are the MILITANT wing of the end of the US of A!!!

All ‘20’ of them represent the entire population of damned Liberal youngsters in the USA! Tar and feather them all!!!

‘20’ of them and almost for an ENTIRE hour??!

Dear God Almighty where did we go wrong???

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The problem is this: They advocate for rules and regulations that the average farmer cannot hope to afford, but the average farmer as you admit, is NOT the issue. The corporate mass producer is. In the end, the rules will be absorbed by the corporate guy, but the little guy will be put out of business.

So, I will lose my local dairy whose milk I absolutely love and have to go back to the big dairy stuff which sucks because the local small guy will be put out of business.

These kids will have actually helped the big guys they claim to hate and not the cows they claim to love. This is why they are actually useful idiots.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i don't think their choice is idiotic. rather i see it as concern for animals, with the added perk of serving a political agenda - that being an attack on a capitalistic business (the pizza place) of a particular kind (versus not attacking the college kitchen for serving cheese pizza). this boils down to the pizzeria not being part of the institution that is pushing for the destruction of capitalism (for eveyrone but themselves and their best buds).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem is this: They advocate for rules and regulations that the average farmer cannot hope to afford, but the average farmer as you admit, is NOT the issue. The corporate mass producer is. In the end, the rules will be absorbed by the corporate guy, but the little guy will be put out of business.

So, I will lose my local dairy whose milk I absolutely love and have to go back to the big dairy stuff which sucks because the local small guy will be put out of business.

These kids will have actually helped the big guys they claim to hate and not the cows they claim to love. This is why they are actually useful idiots.

better order some pizza then.
from.....what was it, dominos?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You've been spending a lot of time on ATS finding ammo to splatter 'liberals' with. Surfing the net for stoopid is easy...whoever you wish to tag. Ever consider putting some effort into solutions? Or is that not part of the job description?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Your anger is misplaced.

Protestors are not the cause of small farmers losing business.

Large corporate mass-production industries are the reason for small farmers going out of business, due to their inability to sell their wares at such low prices. Mass automated production can produce an output at ten times the volume for less than half the costs.

It's why most small businesses have all but disappeared and/or are struggling to stay competitive... in every industry across the board, not just the agricultural industry.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
college students presumably are smart enough to know by now, that the technological level of our science is capable of creating, not just facsimiles, but the exact same thing using molecular replication. all they have to do is start protesting the lack of useful and inexpensive technology for creating "animal free" replicated "animal" proteins. so THEY (and everyone else) have more choices -- not the only choice, mind you, because some folks would not want "replicated" anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What they are doing is asking people to think about where their animal products come from. They want us to think about whether or not the large, corporate dairies are ethical

Exactly.

Campus animal rights club protests Domino’s Pizza location

A UC Berkeley animal rights activist club held a demonstration in front of a Domino’s Pizza franchise Saturday, protesting an ad campaign they felt was misleading as well as the company’s use of animal products.

Ads featuring "happy" cows, talking cows as family members, and cows frolicking on hills of green are true (well, except for the talking part) somewhere on certain family farms, but by the time you get to the industrial level of factory dairies things change. Not every cow of the hundreds or thousands on a factory farm has a cute name.

Hey, it's a free country. Take the information the kids want to tell you about to make a choice. Just don't live in the psychedelic lala land where all cows have names and live in bright green pastures.

Oh, BTW the dairy industry is notorious about employing illegal workers. The One Thing Worse Than Big Dairy’s Abuse of Cows? Its Abuse of Workers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join