It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
MOO?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Why don't you focus on your own personal happiness and well being, rather than looking for ridiculous articles, and trolling threads looking to hector others for their worldview? You're protesting on a forum about other people protesting. Seems like a huge waste of time you could be using to better yourself.

A little less time focused on the apparent motivations of 'liberals', and a bit less complaining and whining about their personal beliefs and opinions would allow you far greater scope for happiness in your own life.

I focus on Proggies because I believe that they are the enemy of mankind. They are the ones who are taking humankind down the road to Ideocracy. They are the ones destroying peoples rights, they are the ones who preach, "Do as I say, not as I do." They are the ones who discourage critical thought.

Proggies in my opinion are the enemy of mankind and must be stopped.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18937806]TDawgRex[/post
So a group of students protest the dairy industry Nd that's.makes them the enemy of mankind?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: [post=18937806]TDawgRex[/post
So a group of students protest the dairy industry Nd that's.makes them the enemy of mankind?

They forcibly disrupt and infringe on other people's lives, advocating that other people act a certain way, while they are benefiting from the school that commits the same "crime" they are protesting.

So if people who try to force their views on others while not living in accordance with those views can be considered an enemy of mankind, then yeah, these idiot kids would be in that category.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Protesting private businesses is valid in my opinion. And the canteen seems to be run by a private company so you're just suggesting they swap one for another. If they don't eat dairy products then I don't see the hypocrisy. In fact you seem to be advocating hypocrisy by saying they just swap Target.
But in all honesty if you feel these people are thd enemy of mankind I think you have seriously off killer set of values.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Protesting private businesses is valid in my opinion. And the canteen seems to be run by a private company so you're just suggesting they swap one for another. If they don't eat dairy products then I don't see the hypocrisy. In fact you seem to be advocating hypocrisy by saying they just swap Target.
But in all honesty if you feel these people are thd enemy of mankind I think you have seriously off killer set of values.

Protesting a private business is not valid when you're paying $50,000 a year to a private business down the road that is guilty of the same thing you're protesting.

It would be like protesting the cops in Ferguson and then going home and beating your own wife. It's pathetic.

If they want to protest they can do so first with their own money and withdraw from Berkeley.

This is why their entire mentality was labeled "enemy of mankind." They want to tell other people how to live when a) they're not living that way themselves, and b) who the F#(K are they to tell anybody how to live?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It was pulled voluntarily - nobody forced them

It's advertising. If it fails it fails. GoDaddy wouldn't pull it if they thought it was working - they want your money after all

And the commercial, which was released today, prompted outrage on social media. Here is a sample:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If they don't use the school canteen then I don't think your argument is valid.
Basically you're saying people can't protest against anything because they're telling other people how to live.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk. Cows lives matter.

You can dismiss this as boredom and coddled, idiotic young people if you like, though, dismissing young people as idiots - just because they're protesting something that you don't agree with isn't going to win you any points

Animals rights do matter. This is something people are going to be fighting about - a lot - in the future

Many times the cows that we use to produce our dairy in the USA suffer - horribly

There are quite a few people being paid (ahem) to talk down this discussion - and nobody in the dairy industry wants a public that really understands where it's ice cream comes from

You don't care? Fine, that's up to you - but freedom of speech works for everyone, and I think this is a noble effort and a worthy cause

:-)
edit on 1/29/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If they don't use the school canteen then I don't think your argument is valid.
Basically you're saying people can't protest against anything because they're telling other people how to live.

No, people have the right to look foolish protesting whatever they want.

Did you even read the article?

They're protesting an ad that THANKS COWS. They're protesting because Domino's is claiming to thank cows when the students believe Domino's doesn't really care about the cows.

Sort of like college students paying a school that sells pizza $50,000 a year and then protesting the pizza shop next door for selling pizza.

Morons.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you ate going to protest you do it where you get the most coverage, would we even be talking.g about it if they protested the company that runs the school canteen?
They're not morons they're clever to hit the Target that gets the most coverage.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What they are doing does nothing.

What they are doing is asking people to think about where their animal products come from. They want us to think about whether or not the large, corporate dairies are ethical

Does the process of protest really confuse you that much? Gandhi would support these kids - how can you not see that?

Maybe some of these kids will do exactly as you suggest. I think it's very interesting how you insult and dismiss these kids - and that you need to co-opt Gandhi to do it

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I hail from the Dairy State and have never once seen a cow miss treated. Does it hurt when the suction is applied to their teats? Maybe, I don't know, but they seem to be content and continue eating or chewing their cud. There is also a salve that is also regularly applied to said teats to prevent discomfort. A cow with sore teats doesn't produce milk after all.

As far as animals having rights. The only right I would say they have is to not be mistreated if they are domesticated. The wild animals have all the rights they need. It's called "Natural Selection."

I think these kids are the enemy because they have probably never stepped foot in a rural nor have done the work that brings food to their table. They probably haven't even given it a second thought. They just buy into the magic la-la land that Proggies promise. (Here's a hint...it doesn't exist)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Gandhi would support these kids - how can you not see that?

Maybe some of these kids will do exactly as you suggest. I think it's very interesting how you insult and dismiss these kids - and that you need to co-opt Gandhi to do it

Now that is hilarious! Of course Gandhi would support these yabooheads. Cows are sacred in India!

But Indians still drink milk. They just don't eat them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you ate going to protest you do it where you get the most coverage, would we even be talking.g about it if they protested the company that runs the school canteen?
They're not morons they're clever to hit the Target that gets the most coverage.

Clever?

Only if their goal was to look like self-righteous, entitled, hypocritical morons.

They're like the anti-clever. Protesting cheese on pizza.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Some people just don't agree with the dairy industry. The production of calves that are slaughtered to perpetuate the dairy industry.
Unless you know these protesters you are just being ignorant to project your own fantasies about their lives onto them. And to say people have to work on farms to protest against them is nonsense, people who use dairy products and support the industry should be the ones who have to work and experience it to support it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Gandhi would support these kids - how can you not see that?

Now that is hilarious! Of course Gandhi would support these yabooheads. Cows are sacred in India!

But Indians still drink milk. They just don't eat them.

lol this gets better and better....

India is the largest dairy producer in the world.

www.hatsun.com...

What's funnier than the trust fund kids protesting cheese on pizza is the liberals who come in to support them.

Moo!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Only in your opinion, and as much as you obviously don't like it, not everybody agrees with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I hail from the Dairy State and have never once seen a cow miss treated.

I hail from a beef cattle state - and I've never once witnessed abuse to any beef cattle. Doesn't make me an expert either way. Also doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Cows on Factory Farms

Today’s dairy cows each produce about 100 pounds of milk per day—10 times more than cows living just a few decades ago. This is due to bovine growth hormones, unnatural diets and being bred selectively for massive milk production.

Most cows used for dairy production are kept indoors, with some having access to outdoor concrete or dirt paddocks. They are often forced to stand on hard surfaces—something their hooves are not designed for. This contributes to lameness, a condition where cows’ feet become inflamed, making it painful to walk.

Additionally, cows in the dairy industry are forced to suffer through:

Widespread Infections: Unnaturally high milk production leads to mastitis, a painful bacterial infection causing a cow’s udder to swell. In 2007, 79% of farms that reported permanently removing cows from their herds did so because of mastitis.

Surgical Mutilation: Dairy cows often have up to two-thirds of their tails surgically removed without painkillers. Producers believe the udder stays cleaner this way, even though this theory has been disproven. The cows are also dehorned (have their horns cut or burned off), generally without painkillers.

Separation of Mother and Baby: Just as with humans, cows only produce milk as a side effect of giving birth. Their milk is meant for their young. To keep the milk flowing, dairy farms artificially inseminate cows once a year. Their gestation period lasts nine months, so the majority of dairy cows’ lives are spent pregnant. When a calf is born, he or she is removed from the mother—generally that same day—to make the mother’s milk available for collection. Male offspring are often raised for veal, while females become the next generation of dairy cows.

If the details don't trouble you, there is nothing I can say or do about that. Just know that many of us do care, and that the suffering of these animals is not justified by our love of cheese

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

These are also probably the same brain washed idiots that protest my hunting and fishing habits. Which by the way does show that I think about where my food comes from. Nom! Nom! Nom!

They're morons plain and simple. Useful idiots. Waste of a bag of flesh. etc...etc...

And unfortunately, they're breeding other idiots as well.
edit on 29-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join