It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I dont understand what the problem is?
some people care about animals and they want to protest about their treatment, at least these collge kids care and they're not sitting in their rooms dead to the world on COD.
The dairy industry is pretty horrific and to top it off milk isnt even that good for you.
Protest away, better to care than be dead inside.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Jamie1

Yes, it is stupid it is idiotic it is freaking funny, but society is not in any danger from this or those youths. Dumb crap seems to be part of growing up and being an idiot has become a national pass time.

It is very much a danger to society. These idiots vote.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Well you can attack my morals if you want but the truth is, I'm not the one denying my family of essential vitamins and nutrients that can only be obtained from animals. The only reason you can survive in this day and age is with the help of supplements and even then studies show that vegetarians have deficiencies that could be solved by a balanced diet of both meat and vegetables. You wanna live like that? Fine, that is your choice. The fact I don't choose your way of life does not make me an evil murderer. But what DOES make me question your morals is the fact that you claim to care so much about living sentient beings yet you haven't uttered a word concerning helping PEOPLE that are in need. What about the mistreatment of your fellow man in scenarios that rival that of the conditions that the animals you are trying to protect are dealing with? I honestly think that people are really going to have a lot more to worry about than where others are getting there supper or not. I think it's coming to a situation where we all are going to be worried about whether or not there is going to BE a supper on any given day. Will you eat meat then? If no plant food is available. One thing I can promise is this, unless I am deceived into it, I will never consume another human being. I will starve to death first.

Im not attacking your morals, I am stating when it comes to animals most just dont have any morality.
No I aint on supplements nor have I ever been, nor am I under nourished, in fact if I dont diet I gain weight just like anyone else.
No I woulnt eat animals if there was no plant food, just as some wouldnt decend into cannabalism should animal meat or vegitables become unavailable.
I do want humanity to do better and everyone has a choice, however for some reason the wrong choice is if far too often decided upon.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People seem very confused about the solution to the problem of hunger, the fact is meat production is very inefficient, in the future with larger populations meat will be a luxury we cannot afford to have. Vegetarinism Is the future and it's perfectly achievable to have a healthy balance vegetarian diet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
People seem very confused about the solution to the problem of hunger, the fact is meat production is very inefficient, in the future with larger populations meat will be a luxury we cannot afford to have. Vegetarinism Is the future and it's perfectly achievable to have a healthy balance vegetarian diet.

Very true, but means nothing to someone who care nothing for animals. Even with alternative products many people would still choose meat just because its a real animal. People just want to eat the flesh of other murdered beings, no getting around it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i vote we get food replicators and then we can set the animals free. i'm not a vegan or a vegitarian but i agree that their treatment when in mass production facilities is horrendous. food replicators can solve the whole thing. maybe those new 3d printers can up their game and we can "print our foods" by adding molecules. lol

edit on 29-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
oooo,

Nestlé wants to make a real 'Star Trek' food replicator
www.theverge.com...

although i'm a bit concerned about the mainstream version of what is good / not good, for a human body. for example, many in the medical establishment still haven't adequately addressed food allergies. it might be good for ya, but if you're allergic to it, not so much.
edit on 29-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Well Lib or Con doesn't matter anyway. Why choose to protest against something and not the system that began the practice? Used to be that people used animals and grew crops to feed the people in their communities with out the school kids holding up signs. Why? Because they understood that with out animals and crops they wouldn't eat. Animals were treated with love and respect right up until they were killed for food or other utility. The idiocy is not in protesting, it's in WHAT they are protesting. What the hell does Dominoes have to do with the milk people drink or use? OP is right about one thing, America is in trouble. The youth of America would rather protest for the rights of animals instead of protesting for their own rights, which are being systematically eliminated one by one. That is true idiocy. Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate. That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

Perhaps the self-righteous idiots should be protesting by withdrawing from UC Berkely.

Here's the UC Berkeley dining menu:

Cheese... eggs.... pork... bacon.... and PIZZA!! OMG!!! UC Berkeley serves CHEESE PIZZA at EVERY MEAL!!!

services.housing.berkeley.edu...

See... this is the problem with the protester class. Hypocrisy. They want to disrupt how other people live and then go back to their school that serves cheese pizza.

Reminds me of Al Gore flying his private jet to global warming conferences.

Why are you so concerned about people protesting about cheese? You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time looking for articles to complain about people being liberals and wanting other people's money?

How does this help you?

Why don't you focus on your own personal happiness and well being, rather than looking for ridiculous articles, and trolling threads looking to hector others for their worldview? You're protesting on a forum about other people protesting. Seems like a huge waste of time you could be using to better yourself.

A little less time focused on the apparent motivations of 'liberals', and a bit less complaining and whining about their personal beliefs and opinions would allow you far greater scope for happiness in your own life.
edit on 29-1-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

if we are constantly arguing amongst each other, we aren't focusing on actual solutions, we're just arguing entrenched political positions. the only solution to problems like the abuse of farm animals, on a planet where the sentient inhabitants have a biological need for animal proteins, is not to force those people to quit eating animal proteins but to demand the science/tech communities come up with an alternative, healthy method for providing healthy animal proteins, such as food replicators. it's no longer science fiction.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well by that college student's own admission his mother is a heifer. I always knew there was something wrong with liberals - now I know why. They are mutant freaks of nature cows that are masquerading as humans. I say we eat them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So in America if you believe in animal rights you are a Liberal?
I'm fidning this thread a bit odd, i would be happy my kids had any kind of political interest and they were spending their spare time protesting something they believed in.
Animal rights is perfectly respectable in my opinion, as a cause to belive in.
I take it the animal rights movement in the USA is not very big?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Don't forget the grieving sheep for the cotton in their clothes.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's probably closer to the truth then many might want to think.

Don't they go to class?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Conservatives view the world very much in black and white. There is no room for the gray areas in life.

I'm glad I don't live in that mental prison.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If you guys knew (or cared if you did know) the things you have to do to a cow to keep her for milk, you might think it's cruel too.

Like all mammals, cows only produce milk to feed their young. If they don’t have babies to feed, they don’t make milk. To keep them lactating, cows on dairy farms are artificially inseminated once a year (they carry their babies for 9 months), in a traumatic procedure that often involves constraining cows in a device known by the industry as a “rape rack,” and forcibly inserting semen through both her rectum and vagina into her uterus.

"The very saddest sound in all my memory was burned into my awareness at age five on my uncle’s dairy farm in Wisconsin. A cow had given birth to a beautiful male calf…On the second day after birth, my uncle took the calf from the mother and placed him in the veal pen in the barn—only ten yards away, in plain view of his mother. The mother cow could see her infant, smell him, hear him, but could not touch him, comfort him, or nurse him. The heartrending bellows that she poured forth—minute after minute, hour after hour, for five long days—were excruciating to listen to. They are the most poignant and painful auditory memories I carry in my brain.” -Michael Klaper, M.D.

If you've ever seen bovine that live at least a semi normal life, you'd also see that they're not dull, and stupid animals as most would believe. That dull sheen you see in a conventionally kept cow is depression and madness from being locked up its entire life.

Not saying I don't eat milk products, or anything... but at least acknowledge the torture of the animal you're exploiting. Yes...you. You eat it, you're exploiting its life.

With hope, some day, I'll be able to move completely away from eating most animal products (I can't see a reason not to eat eggs, if the chickens are kept well, i mean, they eat them too, at times). I've cut my animal consumption down probably by 95%.

This is just one site that details the process.
edit on 10u4010amb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: Jamie1

Well Lib or Con doesn't matter anyway. Why choose to protest against something and not the system that began the practice? Used to be that people used animals and grew crops to feed the people in their communities with out the school kids holding up signs. Why? Because they understood that with out animals and crops they wouldn't eat. Animals were treated with love and respect right up until they were killed for food or other utility. The idiocy is not in protesting, it's in WHAT they are protesting. What the hell does Dominoes have to do with the milk people drink or use? OP is right about one thing, America is in trouble. The youth of America would rather protest for the rights of animals instead of protesting for their own rights, which are being systematically eliminated one by one. That is true idiocy. Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate. That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

Perhaps the self-righteous idiots should be protesting by withdrawing from UC Berkely.

Here's the UC Berkeley dining menu:

Cheese... eggs.... pork... bacon.... and PIZZA!! OMG!!! UC Berkeley serves CHEESE PIZZA at EVERY MEAL!!!

services.housing.berkeley.edu...

See... this is the problem with the protester class. Hypocrisy. They want to disrupt how other people live and then go back to their school that serves cheese pizza.

Reminds me of Al Gore flying his private jet to global warming conferences.

Why are you so concerned about people protesting about cheese? You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time looking for articles to complain about people being liberals and wanting other people's money?

How does this help you?

Why don't you focus on your own personal happiness and well being, rather than looking for ridiculous articles, and trolling threads looking to hector others for their worldview? You're protesting on a forum about other people protesting. Seems like a huge waste of time you could be using to better yourself.

A little less time focused on the apparent motivations of 'liberals', and a bit less complaining and whining about their personal beliefs and opinions would allow you far greater scope for happiness in your own life.

Why is it important to concern yourself only with the personal lives of those who "complain" about liberals?

You're going to be busy today if you keep trolling threads and admonishing people to stop posting opinions on ATS.

Does it bother you so much to see real life liberal hypocrisy that you feel compelled to tell people to stop posting about it?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Go ahead and make fun of people who think about the immorality of our society, while not giving a damn about the big elephant in the room which is animal cruelty.

Maybe these chowder head students should fly to Africa and protest the REAL animal cruelty... like a lion destroying a cheetah in one bite.

Or maybe they should protest by NOT financially supporting UC Berkely instead of trying to disrupt other people.

I have no sympathy or admiration of self-righteous, hypocritical "protesters" who disrupt a pizza shop because of an ad on a pizza box THANKING COWS for God's sake, while paying money to a school that serves cheese pizza AT EVERY MEAL.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

LOL, thanks for this post. It really made me chuckle.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Is the canteen run by the school or by a private company?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join