It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Young rich kids... and their brains are starting to function...you always start out Liberal...

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

-Churchill

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Don't these college kids have something better to do? Should these kids be in College? Maybe sending them back to first grade would be the thing to do and they can be retrained to think milk is good for you.

I knew farmers who hand milked cows, and the cows didn't mind it. The cows knew they were giving milk in return for room and board. They aren't dumb animals at all unless you think they are. Cows can be good friends to people.

There are farmers that mistreat cows, but that is a different gripe.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yeah, though I'd bet money that almost everyone of those kids aligns with the 'liberal' ideology, whatever that is, but I agree with the poster above that it is just stupid and short-minded to label advocacy for the humane treatment of animals (as well as the vegan dietary lifestyle), as 'liberal idiocy' - plenty of vegans and other people who give a # about the humane treatment of animals aren't necessarily liberals. Jesus.

I am uncertain where Domino's gets their queso, but I'd bet that it comes from one of those large, nasty dairy farms harboring some pretty unhappy cows. You know, and I am unsure if this is true, but rumour had it in high-school that chocolate and strawberry flavored milk was colored and flavored as such to mask the blood and other # from the open sores on the cows chapped udders that arrived in the final product. F*cking terrible, if true.

I really make no war against these kids - however they are focusing on a symptom of a much larger issue, for which there is no easy answer, but I dunno - it actually makes sense that these kids' objective is to make a scene such that the average consumer/student walking around will initially be like, 'Yo kids, WTF is wrong with Domino's?' and then will be introduced to the *REAL* issue, which is the inhumane treatment of animals at large-scale farm operations.

It leads me to think, what is Domino's to do? Buy chese from certified organic, grassfed cows? Not likely, as there just isn't the supply to meet such a demand (assuming these large chains decided to target the conscientious consumer). In a pain-free world, there woud be some serious rearrangement that wouldn't really fit with our 1st world consumer mentality. But really, any change must take place a tthe level of the consumer. To conclude, I am guilty as I did order about four pies from Domino's to feed some hungry bands that came through town not long ago - and I totally pigged out too, but I do my best to be the conscientious and ethical consumer on other days. Whatevz - peace out
edit on 28-1-2015 by kissy princess because: edit

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

a bunch of rich hippie kid bull crap not one of them ever been hungry.
ahhh the poor cows get a life.
Animals are here for me to use as food and there is nothing anyone can do about it im eating spaghetti right nowlol.
I love abimals they taste great

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Actually I do know Vegans, Ethical Vegans, and Vegetarians. In fact some of them are close personal friends and family. I know exactly what they stand for and I tell them what I tell you. They don't agree and that is fine so I don't expect you to. Your snide attitude really isn't productive in any discussion or debate so I will pretend that you are just having a laugh. Yuck it up! It is funny. Let's all cut our teeth on the rights of animals and work our way up. If that is actually the case than fine. I somehow doubt it. I wonder if these so called ethical vegans are avoiding things that aren't so visible like medication, deodorant, animals as pets, etc...

You can throw accusations at me all you want. You don't know what fights I lead or do not. If you want to be confrontational than I can ask you the same. Are you in this picture?! Are you out there protesting anything? I doubt it, but I could be wrong. I am at least smart enough to realize that if you are going to put your self in the public eye to back up a cause, you better be damn willing to back it up all the way. And no I don't protest. Protesting can be useful if used properly but it is nothing more than glorified whinging in numbers. I don't need to prove my worthiness to you. I prove it to my family and those I am responsible for.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Heres an idea stop eating animals period.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

you see, this is my concern.
I imagine the whole "social-justice" movement is an effort/front to prevent economic issues from becoming the main theme/focus. Gay marriage, Abortion, and pretty soon Transgender/Gender-fluidity issues are/are going to take up center stage in an effort to cover up the important issues that effect the majority of the population.. They see the privileges in our social system that benefit race or gender, and yet miss the issues of systemic corruption, and economic inequality.

edit on 29-1-2015 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I agree with that one, who is to say that their consciousness experience is any different than ours. They probably are as confused and worried about what is going on as most humans seem to be. You can make friends with just about any higher life form, so what does it say about us to kill and eat them. Especially as we seem to think we are the highest life form, we certainly are not acting like it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Lol eating a Domino's pizza. That's some instant karma coming your way.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

I blame the "new left" movement.

the "old left" was primarily made up of people who were part of the New-Deal and the Labor Movement's of the early-to-mid 20th century, they're mostly extinct.

the "New Left" were hippies, who were basically rich-entitled kids who now call themselves "conservatives", or something, as they hit 60 and begin to retire. Ironically It wouldn't surprise me if many teapartiers were ex-hippies turned-yuppies-turned-squares.

There was a term I read about a few nights ago, "PaleoLiberal", which is effectively an idea that the US needs to see a return of new-deal-inspired economic policies and practices, or at least similar to those before 1968.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I agree with that one, who is to say that their consciousness experience is any different than ours. They probably are as confused and worried about what is going on as most humans seem to be. You can make friends with just about any higher life form, so what does it say about us to kill and eat them. Especially as we seem to think we are the highest life form, we certainly are not acting like it.

Go ahead and make fun of people who think about the immorality of our society, while not giving a damn about the big elephant in the room which is animal cruelty.

Im 40 years old and my whole family has been a vegitarian our entire lives and we are healthy as ever, tall, as well as strong to boot, people eat meat not out of need, but rather its just for the taste of murder.

Eating people and eating animals is the same neuroscience and genetics tells us this simple truth. Humans are unthinking and barbaric, eating animals is the same as cannibalism as far as the meat is concerned.
When you go to heaven, and you all will, you will learn that you were just feasting on different forms/incarnations of yourself, and you will weep at your earthly material ignorance of the unity in all things. If you knew you were eating another divine part of your divine self would you?

One day people may think about what they are doing as the divine lives equally in all things but until then its a black parade of ignorant drivel of ignorance.

edit on 29-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

people eat meat not out of need, but rather its just for the taste of murder.

Dude. . . No. Jesus Christ.
What the Hell kind of comment is that?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Unless those cows eat meat.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

I agree!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kissy princess

people eat meat not out of need, but rather its just for the taste of murder.

Dude. . . No. Jesus Christ.
What the Hell kind of comment is that?

Its the truth, thats why people eat meat, its sure not out of necessity, but rather its just for the taste of murder.
People dont need to eat meat, they do it for the taste of eating flesh.

Here is a thread that makes fun of people that care about the suffering of animals, but if anyone really gave a damn about animals they wouldnt eat them. People can be mindless and dont even think that the food thier eating was a living breathing feeling sentient being, in fact they could care less.

Some people have zero morals period.

Even if you could make artifical meat products many people would still want the real thing just for the slaughter of animals.

Some people have the morality to actually think about what they are doing, not participate in barbarism, and and do thier best to change themselves for the better.

While others promote suffering, could care less about the suffering of others, not only in other humans but cause untold suffering in the animal kingdom as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
So then why are there predators at all? Don't they know they are eating God? Did you see the story about the Vegans that tried to feed their kitten a vegetarian diet only to have it go into seizures from malnutrition. Cats don't just choose to eat meat, they NEED to eat meet. But the taste of murder? If that is true then why do people choose to go to the shops to buy there meat instead of going out and getting it themselves. I honestly believe it is the industrial revolution that is to blame and the greedy power hungry corporations that have ruined the sanctity of life. Like I said before, for thousands of years people have used animals for meat and utility without protesting over animal cruelty. Because there was none.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo

So then why are there predators at all? Don't they know they are eating God? Did you see the story about the Vegans that tried to feed their kitten a vegetarian diet only to have it go into seizures from malnutrition. Cats don't just choose to eat meat, they NEED to eat meet. But the taste of murder? If that is true then why do people choose to go to the shops to buy there meat instead of going out and getting it themselves. I honestly believe it is the industrial revolution that is to blame and the greedy power hungry corporations that have ruined the sanctity of life. Like I said before, for thousands of years people have used animals for meat and utility without protesting over animal cruelty. Because there was none.

Watch this video which talks about morality of killing people for food vs killing animals for food since you dont seem to have the moral compass to understand killing sentient beings is wrong, if you have morality.

If your a savage animal in nature you will eat anything even your own kin meat is meat, if you have developed the ability to judge right from wong some things arent ok, while others are.

Would it be ok for aliens to eat you because they were stronger or had a different genetic make up? No of course not.

Here are a few morons drinking each others blood, which is just as stupid as being a cannibal. Some have nothing against being cannibals, I think its barbarism, and as ignorant as it gets.

So why do you humans should murder and eat animals?
Is it that we are stronger than animals so we kill them?
Is it because we are smarter?
Should we eat those who are mentally brain dead or less intelligent than an animal?
Is it that we are different in our genetics?
Or is it because you just like the taste of animal flesh?
Wouldnt human flesh be the same if you put some sauce on it?
So why not eat humans who are less powerful like true savages?

And the crem dela crem is the people who make threads like these to laugh at people with morality.

Since when are people so lost in thier way that they dont know they are doing wrong, and if someone says hey this is wrong, you laugh at them and call them liberal crazy folk. Its really pathetic to see our civilization wallow in ignorance, and the people dont even want to see a better way.

Liberals this liberals that, for those who make these threads, just think for a moment what your teasing them for something you yourself dont have the courage or morality to even address.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Well you can attack my morals if you want but the truth is, I'm not the one denying my family of essential vitamins and nutrients that can only be obtained from animals. The only reason you can survive in this day and age is with the help of supplements and even then studies show that vegetarians have deficiencies that could be solved by a balanced diet of both meat and vegetables. You wanna live like that? Fine, that is your choice. The fact I don't choose your way of life does not make me an evil murderer. But what DOES make me question your morals is the fact that you claim to care so much about living sentient beings yet you haven't uttered a word concerning helping PEOPLE that are in need. What about the mistreatment of your fellow man in scenarios that rival that of the conditions that the animals you are trying to protect are dealing with? I honestly think that people are really going to have a lot more to worry about than where others are getting there supper or not. I think it's coming to a situation where we all are going to be worried about whether or not there is going to BE a supper on any given day. Will you eat meat then? If no plant food is available. One thing I can promise is this, unless I am deceived into it, I will never consume another human being. I will starve to death first.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Kusinjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I have to agree with most of your post but this i disagree with .

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk.

Personally i think this is a good thing , at least they aren't protesting about the nuclear weapons of the world pointed at each other , locked and loaded . You get where i am coming from i hope . Perhaps they fell to sleep in protesting class .

I think they need to be put in a paddock with milking cows that haven't been milked in 24 hours , they might change their minds . Real quick .

If the cow is not milked on time, the milk builds up in the udder causing painful pressure. Eventually, this would lead to an infection of the udder, called mastitis, which can kill the cow.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is laughable, so thanks for sharing.

Do these kids not realise that without human intervention, dairy cows wouldn't exist? We created them solely for their milk and cheese. No more milk and cheese = no more dairy cows.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join