It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
But when the youth of a culture is protesting things like ads on a pizza book that thank cows for milk, it reflects this cycle we're in.

Read The Fourth Turning.

Over-coddled youth grow up. They become "leaders" who carry their foolishness into adulthood. Their decisions lead to a major crisis. It's what happened before WWII.

The next generation that follows has to clean up the mess. The next generation is called the "Hero" generation.

Just watch how it unfolds.

www.fourthturning.com...

You're wrong. The kids in college now are Millennials and that's the generation Strauss and Howe point to as the likely "hero" generation.

EDIT:

Hero generations are born after a spiritual awakening, during a time of individual pragmatism, self-reliance, laissez faire, and national (or sectional or ethnic) chauvinism. Heroes grow up as increasingly protected post-awakening children, come of age as the heroic young team-workers of a historical crisis, demonstrate hubris as energetic midlifers, and emerge as powerful elders attacked by another awakening. By virtue of this location in history, such generations tend to be remembered for their collective coming-of-age triumphs and their hubristic elder achievements. Their principle endowments are often in the domain of community, affluence, and technology. Their best-known historical leaders include Cotton Mather, “King” Carter, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, John Kennedy, and Ronald Reagan. These have been vigorous and rational institution builders. In midlife, all have been aggressive advocates of economic prosperity and public optimism, and all have maintained a reputation for civic energy and competence to the very ends of their lives. (Examples among today’s living generations: G.I.s and Millennials.)

source (redirected from thefourthturning.com)
edit on 2015-1-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
To be honest the way dairy and meat is kept these days is not healthy, the antibiotic levels in our food is causing all kinds of problems... doctors fear a super bug, totally immune to treatment, breaking out anytime. Some people may think it's stupid to go for the touchy feely aspect of it... but our ways do need to change regardless of what prompts it. These kids are going to turn out just fine.

By the way OP, you seem offended.
edit on 1/28/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Jamie1

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk.

Yes, it is stupid it is idiotic it is freaking funny, but society is not in any danger from this or those youths. Dumb crap seems to be part of growing up and being an idiot has become a national pass time.

You can say that a national pastime involving being idiots is detrimental to the country and you may have a point but it didn't start here. It has been going on for a very long time.

Dumb stuff has been going on for a long time.

But when the youth of a culture is protesting things like ads on a pizza book that thank cows for milk, it reflects this cycle we're in.

Read The Fourth Turning.

Over-coddled youth grow up. They become "leaders" who carry their foolishness into adulthood. Their decisions lead to a major crisis. It's what happened before WWII.

The next generation that follows has to clean up the mess. The next generation is called the "Hero" generation.

Just watch how it unfolds.

www.fourthturning.com...

I forgot about the Fourth Turning, I got e-mails from them for awhile. They were on Coast to Coast in the aughts.

The pattern and theory is intriguing. In general though, the force of history argument favors progressivism. Like Marx would say that modernization happened because it was about that time in history and modernization was inevitable. The term Progressive comes from the idea that the force of history can be sped up, as in, progressing through the stages of history, or progressing toward the ultimate society.

I bet those protestors think like that.

History seems to me more about what individuals do.

If the Fourth Turning is correct, it must have evidence of some society guiding cabal of kingmakers.

Or else it is covering them up.

The Fourth Turning is all about generation cycles. 4 cycles of 20 years. Each is driven by different values.

Technology progresses. Values cycle based on parenting.

The "everybody gets a trophy" generation is now grown up. What happens next is predictable.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You couldn't make this stuff up.

UC Berkely students are now protesting Domino's Pizza because of an ad that thanks cows for milk.

For one hour, roughly 20 students stationed themselves in front of the popular pizza chain equipped with a variety of signs which read: “milk comes from grieving mothers,” “dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk,” and “all animals deserve to be free.”

In an attempt to equate cows to humans, one protester suggested the ad disrespected his own mother.

“I’m here because I love my mom, and I would never want her to endure a life of violence and violation,” he said.

Source

So now we have idiotic college kids protesting cheese on pizza out of love for their moms.

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk.

Cows lives matter.

WTF....

FIrst, you should't attempt to put this as "liberal idiocy." Most probably, these are vegans, which are against dairy on ethical grounds mostly, as well as meat. There are also conservative vegans and vegetarians from a variety of cultures.

A bit over the top, perhaps. But by vilifying them you inherently are vilifying vegans.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
These retards will be the next bunch to Occupy in protest...

The Occupy movement had it right. Our government is owned by a military industrial complex... You should know that if you are on ATS.

I find it funny how many conservatives of the Alex Jones ilk or ATS type mock some liberals who actually protest the very things we are discussing on here, i.e. imperialistic wars, corruption, bought out politicians by wall street, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

So you have no objection having their poor old mammary glands milked...

No. I'm eating a slice of pepperoni and mushroom pizza from Domino's right now to show my support for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've got to give them some credit. At least they're not keyboard warriors.

#bringbackourgirls
#kony2012
Etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well Lib or Con doesn't matter anyway. Why choose to protest against something and not the system that began the practice? Used to be that people used animals and grew crops to feed the people in their communities with out the school kids holding up signs. Why? Because they understood that with out animals and crops they wouldn't eat. Animals were treated with love and respect right up until they were killed for food or other utility. The idiocy is not in protesting, it's in WHAT they are protesting. What the hell does Dominoes have to do with the milk people drink or use? OP is right about one thing, America is in trouble. The youth of America would rather protest for the rights of animals instead of protesting for their own rights, which are being systematically eliminated one by one. That is true idiocy. Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate. That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
To be honest the way dairy and meat is kept these days is not healthy, the antibiotic levels in our food is causing all kinds of problems... doctors fear a super bug, totally immune to treatment, breaking out anytime. Some people may think it's stupid to go for the touchy feely aspect of it... but our ways do need to change regardless of what prompts it. These kids are going to turn out just fine.

By the way OP, you seem offended.

Its the Cows and Pigs that cop it, by being in such "Efficient" feeding stations they have to be constantly given antibiotics. Or they would all die. But the bacteria's are getting good at dodging the bullet now, some have already evolved, into resistant strains. Bon apatite!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
Well Lib or Con doesn't matter anyway. Why choose to protest against something and not the system that began the practice? Used to be that people used animals and grew crops to feed the people in their communities with out the school kids holding up signs. Why? Because they understood that with out animals and crops they wouldn't eat. Animals were treated with love and respect right up until they were killed for food or other utility. The idiocy is not in protesting, it's in WHAT they are protesting. What the hell does Dominoes have to do with the milk people drink or use? OP is right about one thing, America is in trouble. The youth of America would rather protest for the rights of animals instead of protesting for their own rights, which are being systematically eliminated one by one. That is true idiocy. Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate. That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

Perhaps the self-righteous idiots should be protesting by withdrawing from UC Berkely.

Here's the UC Berkeley dining menu:

Cheese... eggs.... pork... bacon.... and PIZZA!! OMG!!! UC Berkeley serves CHEESE PIZZA at EVERY MEAL!!!

services.housing.berkeley.edu...

See... this is the problem with the protester class. Hypocrisy. They want to disrupt how other people live and then go back to their school that serves cheese pizza.

Reminds me of Al Gore flying his private jet to global warming conferences.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Notice there are no riot police during this peaceful protest? Maybe that's why they choose this type of protest. No one really cares. "Yea good for you! Stand up for your beliefs!" I doubt they would meet with the same docility if they were protesting the new Anti-Homeless laws. Maybe see a different pic posted here.

LOL Would totally love to see a covert pic of these people sitting in a UCB dining hall munching on corporate goodies! That would be great!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Cows lives matter.

WTF....

wow. Is that how you really feel ? Do you really feel that animals lives don't matter ? I'm not sure if you were trying to be funny

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
Notice there are no riot police during this peaceful protest? Maybe that's why they choose this type of protest. No one really cares. "Yea good for you! Stand up for your beliefs!" I doubt they would meet with the same docility if they were protesting the new Anti-Homeless laws. Maybe see a different pic posted here.

LOL Would totally love to see a covert pic of these people sitting in a UCB dining hall munching on corporate goodies! That would be great!

If they really cared about cheese coming from cow's milk they wouldn't go to UC Berkely.

They only protest to inconvenience other people, never themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

Why not protest against the establishment that created the mess to begin with? The answer to that one is simple: Laziness. It's easy to quit drinking milk. Not so easy to give up all the products made by the top corporations that we all love to hate.

Obviously you don't know any vegans which I'm going to assume these kids are. They don't eat meat, fish, poultry, shellfish, etc or anything made with milk, eggs, gelatin or any other animal products and many won't even eat honey. Ethical vegans also avoid clothing and other goods using leather, fur, wool, natural feathers, silk, bone china, etc.

That's a level of dedication a lot of people don't possess. The average idiot is happy to buy whatever is available at Wal-Mart.

That's why nobody took the occupy movements seriously. Top CEO billionaires sat back and laughed at that crap. They actually got to see their own top dollar paying customers whining about their business ethics. What a joke. So YES if protesting milk ads and web ads that uses puppies is all our youth can come up with to protest for, we are in big trouble.

Well you seem to have it all figured out. Sounds like you have an obligation to get out there in the streets to lead these poor delusional people. Which products are you going to stop using to prove your worthiness?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've yet to see a decent argument as to why this is "idiotic"...

Just a bunch of back-patting, high five attitudes from people who feel superior to others who actually voice their concerns to the public, instead of crying about what others do because they don't see it as a worthy cause & continue pissing and moaning on the Internet.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dominos uses real cheese?

Coulda fooled me.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

If these kids really wanted to help make a difference. they should follow Ghandi's advice. Are cows abused and exploited? OK, then maybe instead of just complaining about it, they ought to one and all go into dairy science and start producing their own ethical milk and cheese. If there is enough market for what they make, others will follow suit.

Be the change you want to see.

What they are doing does nothing. Odds are most of Domino's cheese isn't actually cheese but processed cheese food product.

edit on 28-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Perhaps the self-righteous idiots

Given your sanctimonious tone, that's rather ironic. You're making a lot of assumptions based on a short propaganda piece from the Leadership Institute:

See... this is the problem with the protester class. Hypocrisy. They want to disrupt how other people live and then go back to their school that serves cheese pizza.

Looks like back on campus they're pretty much doing the same thing. The problem I have with the "Internet whiner class" is the ease with which they ridicule people who actually possess the gumption to take to the streets to be heard. Which is the more laudable endeavor?
edit on 2015-1-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah thank you, & the "they don't protest their uni" rhetoric posed as an absolute is pissing me off as well...
It has no basis in fact, & is merely sanctimonious conjecture.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Dominos uses real cheese?

Coulda fooled me.

Dominos is the diet pizza. Less stuff every time. Maybe half the calories.

It is cheaper though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join