It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Idiocy... UC Berkeley students protest Domino's Pizza for thanking cows for milk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You couldn't make this stuff up.

UC Berkely students are now protesting Domino's Pizza because of an ad that thanks cows for milk.

For one hour, roughly 20 students stationed themselves in front of the popular pizza chain equipped with a variety of signs which read: “milk comes from grieving mothers,” “dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk,” and “all animals deserve to be free.”

In an attempt to equate cows to humans, one protester suggested the ad disrespected his own mother.

“I’m here because I love my mom, and I would never want her to endure a life of violence and violation,” he said.

Source

So now we have idiotic college kids protesting cheese on pizza out of love for their moms.

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk.

Cows lives matter.

WTF....

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
These kids are the ones who got the GoDaddy ad pulled. I thought it was a clever response myself, but apparently it's just too cruel.

Sometimes, we just take ourselves too seriously. First world problems.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

From a larger perspective, we're in deep trouble when the youth of society are so coddled, bored, and looking for something to do that they protest ads on pizza boxes thanking cows for milk.

Yes, it is stupid it is idiotic it is freaking funny, but society is not in any danger from this or those youths. Dumb crap seems to be part of growing up and being an idiot has become a national pass time.

You can say that a national pastime involving being idiots is detrimental to the country and you may have a point but it didn't start here. It has been going on for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The absolute epitome of the 'useful idiot.'

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
McDonalds will be looking at these students at the job fair.

They can get jobs, but only by signing a release form not to boycott milkshakes !!!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

These kids are going to be vigilant against many injustices throughout their lives.

Picking on a pizza chain for the exploitation of cows when it should be directed towards our dairy industry may be a bit misguided but... it's better than protesting funerals or trying to keep people from getting rights.

In other words, I'd rather see a thousand of these kids than one single demonstrator advocating something that takes us back a step.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
More liberal vs Conservative Nonsense on ATS.

Yawn.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yes, it is stupid it is idiotic it is freaking funny, but society is not in any danger from this or those youths. Dumb crap seems to be part of growing up and being an idiot has become a national pass time.

You can say that a national pastime involving being idiots is detrimental to the country and you may have a point but it didn't start here. It has been going on for a very long time.

Dumb stuff has been going on for a long time.

But when the youth of a culture is protesting things like ads on a pizza book that thank cows for milk, it reflects this cycle we're in.

Read The Fourth Turning.

Over-coddled youth grow up. They become "leaders" who carry their foolishness into adulthood. Their decisions lead to a major crisis. It's what happened before WWII.

The next generation that follows has to clean up the mess. The next generation is called the "Hero" generation.

Just watch how it unfolds.

www.fourthturning.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Liberal Idiocy

You should probably read T&C 15g.

Aside from that...

Why is it idiocy, exactly?

What's idiotic about fighting for a cause you believe in?

“dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk,” and “all animals deserve to be free.”

Is it this bit?

Because that sounds about right to me...

Yep, I drink cows milk, love it... Hypocrisy abounds you might think...

Maybe, but if that was all taken away, and these animals were freed and exploitation ceased, I'd also be just as happy, if not more so.

Saying that, I'd probably still be partial to a nice chunk of Halal Steak...

It's all so confusing...
But not idiotic.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

These kids are going to be vigilant against many injustices throughout their lives.

Yes, because making cheese is such a grave injustice to cows.

Self-righteous indignation is not the same as justice.

These kids are the same kids that complain of the injustice that their YouTube videos are buffering too slow on the flight between S.F. and Cancun for spring break.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

These kids are the same kids that complain of the injustice that their YouTube videos are buffering too slow on the flight between S.F. and Cancun for spring break.

I concur. The same ilk that did the occupy Wall Street protests while wearing Nike shoes and designer jeans made in Third World sweatshops, all the while facebooking and tweeting on their smartphones.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
These days I dont know if folks are actually protesting or just trolling for lulz.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So you have no objection having their poor old mammary glands milked, till they are so sore, that they have to have antibiotics injected up there, which comes back down in the milk fats that you consume. Nor for the poor old thing to have a blast of Monsanto's "Soup up your milkers injection" to increase milk production to the point where the Cows in pain from engorged teats? So you have no objection to consume this great food with vast amounts of oestrogen, which is required to keep the poor things in an unnatural state of lactation?. All the time when this great food was never intended for human consumption in the first place. What goes round comes round, The bovine growth hormone and the oestrogen, along with the triglycerides are getting their own back, as we speak.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
These retards will be the next bunch to Occupy in protest...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But when the youth of a culture is protesting things like ads on a pizza book that thank cows for milk, it reflects this cycle we're in.

So you're worried about the youth today that implies the youth of yesteryear were somehow better.

I don't know how old you are but have you forgotten.

The Charles Manson Riots

McRib Fans Protesting Removal of McRib from McDonald's Menu

Cheers Fans Riot over Choosing Woody Harrelson to Replace Coach

Detroit Pistons Fans Riot After Pre-Season Win

Glenn Beck Fans Protest Themselves

The Million-Baby March

Maybe it is just perspective but IMO if this is the protest that tipped the scales for you I say welcome to the club you're late.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Read The Fourth Turning.

Over-coddled youth grow up. They become "leaders" who carry their foolishness into adulthood. Their decisions lead to a major crisis. It's what happened before WWII.

The next generation that follows has to clean up the mess. The next generation is called the "Hero" generation.

Just watch how it unfolds.

www.fourthturning.com...

I forgot about the Fourth Turning, I got e-mails from them for awhile. They were on Coast to Coast in the aughts.

The pattern and theory is intriguing. In general though, the force of history argument favors progressivism. Like Marx would say that modernization happened because it was about that time in history and modernization was inevitable. The term Progressive comes from the idea that the force of history can be sped up, as in, progressing through the stages of history, or progressing toward the ultimate society.

I bet those protestors think like that.

History seems to me more about what individuals do.

If the Fourth Turning is correct, it must have evidence of some society guiding cabal of kingmakers.

Or else it is covering them up.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So now we have idiotic college kids protesting cheese on pizza out of love for their moms.

Maybe they should spend their time ridiculing "idiot conservatives" on the Internet instead? Clearly that's for people who aren't coddled, bored and looking for something to do.

Cows lives matter.

Classy.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We get it:

Liberals are bad

If we're going to talk about cops shooting black people, we have to talk about blacks shooting black people

If we're going to talk about people protesting police shooting blacks, we have to talk about blacks shooting blacks

If we're going to talk about race, we have to play the "yea but look what they did" game

If we're going to talk about something good a liberal did, or liberals did, we have to talk about how it was really conservatives who did it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

We get it

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

These people are very short sighted. That's putting it nicely

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hey, if these kids feel strongly about this, it's their right and duty to protest. I can't help but be upset myself when we see chickens that are inhumanely housed in extremely small cages, all for the purpose of more eggs at a cheaper price. And cattle that are coralled into pens that are so cramped they can hardly stand shoulder to shoulder, and then they are herded by cattle-prods onward toward their inhumane slaughter. It's mass killings on an Auswitchz scale. In the old days we had farmers and farms who at least took care of their cattle, and cows were allowed to graze and chickens roamed free. At least they had a semblance of a life before they were killed. Who knows? Some of us could come back as cattle or chickens and see what it really feels like. Or pigs, or turkeys, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join