It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thought of a relationship depresses me.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
sperm banks are the answer to all of lifes problems.

It's like making a baby with a woman. Only you have no idea who the woman is and the love making is test tubes and egg extractions to be re entered into the baby maker (A.K.A the womb) or grown via cloning vatt.

Never again will i or anyone else need a relationship. All sons and daughters can live with their mother (s) who accepted the burden of childbearing through a legal process so that i can be string free from being expected to pay childsupport for someone who perchases my sperm lol. It's a Win Win. They get substisized money for raising a child via sperm program which covers what the child support would of been well i get to walk around a free man until 18 years into the future when my offspring are hunting me down to learn about their *Dad*. At that point, i will tell them i play guitar and Other. And i will pass down instruments to my unborn offspring in the future after some happy customer takes my DNA for the contribution of the gene pool.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TrueBrit - I had to log in today just to reply....wow - if you mean a word of what you wrote, you are indeed quite the man

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I am afraid Baddogma, that I am in fact an obsolete anachronism, an antiquated design, for which there is no legitimate purpose in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well then, a sincere lift of my glass to you, sir!

And really, you shall not want for female attention... I can feel them closing in on you as I type... hearts a flutter... and other parts!

Hmmm by gosh, sir, you might just have "turned" me... heh...

edit on 1/28/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It will be like front row at Tom Jones Concert in here shortly. TBs avatar will have large knickers hanging of it

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

With some people you become a unit of 2 instead of two single units. I can relate to the other side of the coin also that Muse7 is describing. There are many people that it can feel more alone being together with them than being alone because there is no real connection.
edit on 28-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm with you OP; I stopped having meaningless sex a few years ago. Though I don't like dogs either, if I wanted something needy & high maintenance Id get a girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Why? I'm 23 years old and I've never been in one. Thinking about being in a relationship just puts me in a depressed state. Sex is abundant and there have been times where I've thought about asking a woman out but the thought of having to talk with someone and report to her at the end of every day is something that I do not want to subject myself to. I loathe talking on the phone, and I could not do it for hours on end every other day like a lot of couples do. I hate having conversations that last more than 30 minutes as my mind starts to wander elsewhere and I get bored.

Just last week, I had sex with a woman that had a great personality. She actually asked me if I wanted to meet again the following week, to which I replied "No, that's fine." I was bored of her. She gave me a very nasty look but I hope she finds someone that she can settle down with. After 1 or 2 times I have to move on to greener grounds.

Coming home to an empty apartment is sometimes depressing but those feelings quickly fade away as I drown myself with movies, video games and going hiking with my dog.

Are any of you guys out there like me? If you're older, do you get questioned as to why you are not in a relationship yet?

Perhaps your problem is that you are concerned with how others perceive you. What is it that you're worried they will think about you if you're not in a relationship?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
OP...if you like to be single and don't lead women on there's nothing wrong with that. About your question if people ask why your not in a relationship i think that is so RUDE. When i had periods in my life when i was single people would always ask...how come you don't have a boyfriend?? it used to drive me nuts....how bout none of your business!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I may be in a relationship now, but I can really feel for you. There was a period of time (several years in fact) that a relationship was the last thing I wanted. Yeah, people drove me nuts. Society seems to think that you have to be in a relationship. You know what? That is a big pile of stinking B.S. Relationships are hard, they take work, and aren't always happy. Not every one is always up to dealing with or willing to deal with the work a relationship takes. They aren't for everyone and through different stages of your life that may or may not change.

As I said I am in a relationship now, but it took an act of god and a very special man to convince me to be in a relationship with him. And guess what, as I type this, as much as I love him, I can't wait for him to go back to work next week and be out of my hair. I need my space.
Thanks to a certain comment here, I am going to add that I am female.

Can I smack Baddogma for you? The desire to be or not to be in a relationship has nothing to do with ones sexual orientation.

a reply to: Tangerine I doubt that given how much grief people gave me, I am sure he receives the same. People, especially couples, don't like to see their friends single for some reason. It seems to be human nature.
edit on 29-1-2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

ROFL!

Stage move: The Laundry Line

Method: perform a running knee slide from the back of stage to the front, with arms outstretched to left and right. Become festooned with underwear.

Notes: only works properly if the gig goes well!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

Galadriel,

I'm no Mr Darcy or anything. Just a dude trying to get through life without succumbing to the bleakness of it all. If there is one thing that growing up in a divided household teaches, it is the value of real love, and the worthlessness of practically everything else. That is why, when I fall for a woman, I fall this hard:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I know how people can judge those not in relationships.

I have heard rumours of some ''maybe she's a lesbian'' (I am heterosexual). I shouldn't need to wear a badge that says so!

Also the amount of times ''friends'' /colleagues etc on learning that one isn't in a relationship throw in the term ''my hubby'' (eugh! if I ever get married I will NEVER use that term) / ''my husband'' at every possible opportunity like they are calling you inadequate /ugly /worthless due to not having ''a man''.

It all makes me detest humanity that bit more, and trust me, there isn't much that much of a gap until outright hatred of 99% of humanity left for me.

I should not need to explain the complexities of not being in a relationship to anyone (suffice to say I am a parent of an Aspergers child, don't trust people much, don't like many people much, have terrible relationship experiences), yet they are always, always angling for an explanation.

People also asking personal questions ''are you not lonely?'', ''do you not think about sex?'' when to be honest, when my level of distaste for humanity is as it is and I have 2/3 jobs and postgrad study, there isn't much time for thinking about anything other than that which needs thinking about.

I am not some freak of nature. It is clear there are many people that prefer refraining from being in a relationship until the right one appears, however long that takes. I have learned from experience that being in a relationship that wasn't great and trying to make it work was just extra stress and unhappiness. I prefer to wait until there is someone worth it.
edit on 29-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I am sorry you have had to experience this as well. IMHO you have a healthier outlook on relationships than 99% of the people out there, maybe that explains something.
I couldn't agree with your last paragraph more.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Why? I'm 23 years old and I've never been in one. Thinking about being in a relationship just puts me in a depressed state. Sex is abundant and there have been times where I've thought about asking a woman out but the thought of having to talk with someone and report to her at the end of every day is something that I do not want to subject myself to. I loathe talking on the phone, and I could not do it for hours on end every other day like a lot of couples do. I hate having conversations that last more than 30 minutes as my mind starts to wander elsewhere and I get bored.

Just last week, I had sex with a woman that had a great personality. She actually asked me if I wanted to meet again the following week, to which I replied "No, that's fine." I was bored of her. She gave me a very nasty look but I hope she finds someone that she can settle down with. After 1 or 2 times I have to move on to greener grounds.

Coming home to an empty apartment is sometimes depressing but those feelings quickly fade away as I drown myself with movies, video games and going hiking with my dog.

Are any of you guys out there like me? If you're older, do you get questioned as to why you are not in a relationship yet?
I hear what your saying. I have been living with a girl who in my mind is the love of my life. Yes any relationship requires communication. Mine has started to become ineffective and whilst we still are together and live together a few things seem resolvable. The thought worries me because I thought we did all the things necessary and to even contemplate a new relationship is just daunting.

Ps don't be afraid of talking in itself. There may well be a person out there that you can forge the right relationship for you both.

Good luck and try not to get disenfranchised.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
MGTOW ftw!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I like your posts True Brit, you seem to me be a man of integrity. Perhaps you are also a romantic, but I sense you are also a "man's man" so to speak.

Too bad you're across the pond, I'll never see Europe in my lifetime, but I think if I ever made it out that way, perhaps on a genealogy trip, I would make a stop by your local pub for a meet and greet.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I shall raise a glass in your honour, when next I visit the watering hole.

Cheers to you too!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm with you OP. I'm 29 and single. Relationships seem to be too much work for what they are worth. When I've been in them, I can never maintain them longer than a few weeks because the women think I'm uninterested. Being single with no kids does have its perks though. Namely, I can spend my money on what I want and do what I want when I want.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Same here. The next time I meet with my Bohemian/Irish "cousin" with similar blood lines, we will raise a glass to you and our ancestors on the isles.

Believe it or not, there is some royal blood in my veins from the UK. I've gone back to around 800 AD with that line, a rowdy bunch to be sure and I have to be careful who I tell may family's tale to as there were some "incidences" that may upset some clans. But like my mother said, we're "Heinz 57 variety" to be sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join