It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Details of Marine torture of Iraqis revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There are 80,000 Marines in theater at the moment. 24 were charged with "abuse". The electrical shock of one prisoner is over the top. Now do the math............3/100's of ONE percent. That is far less than ANY crime rate anywhere. GET A GRIP people........................
There were over 30 "beheadings" wheres the outrage for that "Abuse". You LIBs make me sick. Arrogant, spoiled rotten, little thumbsucking babies. You all "pee" in you pants at the sight of blood.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
None of you, not one, have any idea what the hell torture really is. Get some perspective. Do some research. Look at what the Islamo-terorist do to human beings. Look at what Saddam did to his own people. Look up "Islamic" punishments for simple things. Then tell me this was "Torture".
God forgive me for my ANGER.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
None of you, not one, have any idea what the hell torture really is. Get some perspective. Do some research. Look at what the Islamo-terorist do to human beings. Look at what Saddam did to his own people. Look up "Islamic" punishments for simple things. Then tell me this was "Torture".

So you are saying Islamic people kill themselves, so we can kill them too? Some democratic principles you reps are spreading.

Surf

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Where the Hell did you drop out from..saying NO ONE HERE knows anything about torture...Where did you get all your data..Wise guy!!..

You are Hopping like a Frog who just found paradise..Well ATS ain't IT!
Your Happyness is My Hipenis.....Now slide down and be a Good Boy...

"Me...GOD..BOY....." "God....Me....BOY!!"....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I tend to agree with DrHoracid on this one, you can not extrapolate the actions of a few twisted individuals on a whole army. Let's also not forget they were charged for crime, I would be very worried if they were not arrested....

About Abu Ghraib I have different thoughts, it really appeared that the rabbithole goes deeper and the abuse in that prison was silently promoted from higher ranking officials in order to extract any possible tactical information. Naturally you can find some people for you doing this dirty work for pleseasure....

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Everyone is entitled to his opinion...and here's mine..."The Dr, in my understanding is the typical spoild brat that Would hold the Bible in one hand & a gun in the other and shoot someone in the head and say May 'GOD' forgive you my Son"..That is what many central U.S.democrats would think is God's Will,and Believe They have the right In the name of 'GOD' to pass ultimate judgement on whoever they believe does'nt go by THEIR bible....and then ask 'God' to forgive their mediocare souls...
Just Like some New Inquision...all in the name of 'God'....Hypocracy..!!..

As if they have this Direct fax system with God...By the way in which bible is his phone number...there are so many,I can't even keep up..

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I know that this thread was initially about the abuse of Iraqi prisoners and without the direct intention to veer off,but I have still have to see a decent reply as to the First Gulf War theory that White presents in his site;I saw something from 'love pump' that said this was not 1984..but I am not sure if he replied directly to my post,becuase there's no mention anywhere of 1984,the whole thing started in 79'...It's the Ultimate conspiracy theory of these last 30years..I mean this guy did'nt just have too much coffee,he has made some seriouse accusations to the whole involvment of the U.S. in the middle east and in the time of the cold war..He shows plenty of motives...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wish that someone would show me evidence that these "War Crimes" were a mandate from Bush. "THis goes all the way to the top", "This just shows the hypocrisy of America", Blah, Blah, Blah. Just more nonsense from America Haters.

Everytime an abuse has happened it has been dealt with. Abu Graib(sp?) was being investigated and soldiers were being court martialed before the media even knew about it. That is the difference between America and Sadam who not only ordered the abuses, but watched videos of the abuses for his own enjoyment. Now tell me how that is hypocritical. I wish the America Haters would just STFU for once.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"I was asked whether its right for American soldiers to hook a car battery up to the scrotums of prisoners of war. Well my reply to that is...

Red is positive and black is negative!"

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Open Letter,To Devil Dogs of the 3.1:

This week I've even been shocked to see myself painted as some kind of anti-war activist. Anyone who has seen my reporting on television or has read the dispatches on this website is fully aware of the lengths I've gone to play it straight down the middle -- not to become a tool of propaganda for the left or the right.
But I find myself a lightning rod for controversy in reporting what I saw occur in front of me, camera rolling.

Here it goes.
It's Saturday morning and we're still at our strong point from the night before, a clearing between a set of buildings on the southern edge of the city. The advance has been swift, but pockets of resistance still exist. In fact, we're taking sniper fire from both the front and the rear.
Weapons Company uses its 81's (mortars) where they spot muzzle flashes. The tanks do some blasting of their own. By mid-morning, we're told we're moving north again. We'll be back clearing some of the area we passed yesterday. There are also reports that the mosque, where ten insurgents were killed and five wounded on Friday may have been re-occupied overnight.
While the Marines go into the house, I follow the flames caused by the grenade into the courtyard. When the smoke clears, I can see through my viewfinder that the fire is burning beside a large pile of anti-aircraft rounds.
I yell to the lieutenant that we need to move. Almost immediately after clearing out of the house, small explosions begin as the rounds cook off in the fire.
At that point, we hear the tanks firing their 240-machine guns into the mosque. There's radio chatter that insurgents inside could be shooting back. The tanks cease-fire and we file through a breach in the outer wall.
We hear gunshots from what seems to be coming from inside the mosque. A Marine from my squad yells, "Are there Marines in here?"

When we arrive at the front entrance, we see that another squad has already entered before us.

The lieutenant asks them, "Are there people inside?"

One of the Marines raises his hand signaling five.

"Did you shoot them," the lieutenant asks?

"Roger that, sir, " the same Marine responds.

"Were they armed?" The Marine just shrugs and we all move inside.
Immediately after going in, I see the same black plastic body bags spread around the mosque. The dead from the day before. But more surprising, I see the same five men that were wounded from Friday as well. It appears that one of them is now dead and three are bleeding to death from new gunshot wounds.
The fifth is partially covered by a blanket and is in the same place and condition he was in on Friday, near a column. He has not been shot again. I look closely at both the dead and the wounded. There don't appear to be any weapons anywhere.
Then I hear him say this about one of the men:

"He's f**king faking he's dead -- he's faking he's f**king dead."

Through my viewfinder I can see him raise the muzzle of his rifle in the direction of the wounded Iraqi. There are no sudden movements, no reaching or lunging. ....................
.........I can't know what was in the mind of that Marine. He is the only one who does.

The Whole Letter... www.libertypost.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It was a bad idea to keep these annoying reporters near the army in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
deleted

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by npareed
"I was asked whether its right for American soldiers to hook a car battery up to the scrotums of prisoners of war. Well my reply to that is...

Red is positive and black is negative!"

Oh you're Impared alright not ont you brain but your conscience too...here's what you can still do to that battery...hook it up to a condencer and then to a distribbutor, oh don't forget the switch ...then hook the leads wherever you see fit...I personally would hook 'You' up by the tounge,ears,scrotum and last but not least your tiny head.....

Now Dance !!MterFker.....

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
ACLU would raze heaven and Earth for a chance to make a lawsuit for the human rights of Hitler not to be infringed upon if he was still alive..... Here is an unbiased excerpt about ACLU....

The intent and purpose of the organization is to protect and defend the Constitutional rights and Civil Liberties of every individual in the United States, regardless of creed, race, religion, or other labeling. Sometimes this means they defend people whose basic beliefs are unpalatable to many people- the Ku Klux Klan, for example,....................

Excerpted from.
arar.essortment.com...

And that's not taking into account what the founders of ACLU were and what they wanted.... Part of it can be found in the link i provided also....

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can remember a few months back when the Abu-Garib scandal was made public, someone said "I'm glad to see that no marines tortured anyone." It's a shame that it didn't last.

Anyway, I've seen some people saying stuff like this.

Lets not forget how the Iraqi's treated our POW's in the first gulf war.

They beat the # out of our guys.

Dont forget the British Torrnado flyer who was shot down and the Iraqi's posted him on video, his face was black and blue and swollen from abuse......

So, that makes it okay for our soldiers to torture Iraqis? Every damn day, I hear BS from our president like "we went to war to free the Iraqi people from torture caused by saddam" and crap like that, and what do we do? We beat the sh^t out of them. If one of our biggest justifications for going to war was to end the suffering of the Iraqi's, then we CAN NOT screw up, which we have already succeded in doing.

There are 80,000 Marines in theater at the moment. 24 were charged with "abuse". The electrical shock of one prisoner is over the top. Now do the math............3/100's of ONE percent. That is far less than ANY crime rate anywhere. GET A GRIP people........................
There were over 30 "beheadings" wheres the outrage for that "Abuse". You LIBs make me sick. Arrogant, spoiled rotten, little thumbsucking babies. You all "pee" in you pants at the sight of blood.

Who the f*** are you? Are you saying that these torturings don't matter, that it's okay because only 24 soldiers were charged with abuse? Let me tell you something, it doesn't matter how small the percentage of soldiers abusing anyone is, it's still wrong, just like terrorists beheading people is wrong. If you think that american liberals aren't outraged by the beheadings, then you're wrong.

You all "pee" in you pants at the sight of blood.

And what do you do at the sight of blood? Do you like the sight of blood? Maybe you should go hang around ogrish.com if you don't want to be around people that pee their pants at the site of blood.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Please define your definition of torture. What "act" is torture? As I wrote earlier, electric shock is overthetop. The other acts aren't torture. I do qualify as an expert here. So be specific, U2U me if it is too graphic.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Merriam Webster has two definitions of torture

Main Entry: torture
Function: noun
1 a : anguish of body or mind : AGONY b : something that causes agony or pain
2 : the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
3 : distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an argument :

Function: transitive verb
1 : to cause intense suffering to : TORMENT
2 : to punish or coerce by inflicting excruciating pain
3 : to twist or wrench out of shape : DISTORT, WARP

I think the abuses in Iraq qualify...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm gonna keep this short..but I must say 'I thought You were a Doc' therefor you should know better as to ask to specify torture..but scince you've asked here's just another 'Perspective' Doc...

www.wordiq.com... ..

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've got to say I'm disgusted by the actions of my fellow Marines. Somewhere they got it in their head that this was acceptable behavior for them, and I'm glad they were caught. Hopefully it will serve to discourage any other like-minded individuals from similar acts. Sure, we're treating them rather tamely for the crime, but there will be more punitive and far-reaching actions taken than just what's printed publicly, take my word for it. And I don't think its a policy, written or unwritten, that we treat our enemies as they treat us. More the opposite. We all know that the people we fight probably won't follow the rules set forth by (mostly) the Geneva Convention, but we still drill it into out troops, sailors, and airmen. Its honor and dedication to the ideals that founded America. We took an oath to supprt and defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, and part of that means squashing crap like this when it crops up. Weeding out the garbage in the ranks and teaching our Marines to treat evil deeds appropriately. If I see my CO make a #ty move, I'm going to do something about it, and I hope others would too. These individuals are obviouly lacking that quality, and I feel a combination of disgust and pity for them. Somewhere along the way someone failed them, but the choices made were theirs alone.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Darkhowling,I admire and respect your dedication to uphold the valour of a genuine soldier who fights evel deeds by his morals and courage.The duty to protect our freedom and our integrity is as a civilized society is not a simple one and men like you are what the real defenition of a soldier is in my opinion.
It gives me joy in my heart to hear this bold statement.The foolish acts perpetrated by these unworthy freedom and unhumanitarian fools is not rapresentative of'all' diciplined soldiers.

May The Allmighty Bless your soul and protect you from any harm,and may you have the best of all your desires this Xmas...and New Year's..

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join