It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Russians ready to give up Western food & goods / lifetyle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If polls are done the same way they are in the US, by calling 1,000 people and saying it's the majority, then I'm not much worried about it. The 700 people giving up American goods is of no consequence.
edit on 1/28/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

The Mistral class aren't carriers

As for your link, I get a 404...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

I just watched a movie about the Cuban missile crisis the other night , boy did the world come close back then , and how much it looks like it again with Poland being the new Hungary

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Sorry about the link stu my wifi is a bit iffy sputniknews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Cool, cheers. Seems to correspond with what is being reported elsewhere.

It's a shame things have gone down this path - 15 years ago it looked like Russia and the West were getting along.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

80% of Russians are ready to give up Western foodstuffs for the sake of strengthening the state, according to an all-Russian poll presented by the Sociology Institute of Russia's Academy of Sciences on Wednesday.

That is Russia propaganda at its finest... We will see when Putin is either gone in two years or the goes all Stalin...

I wonder what the younger people think after a taste of capitalism... I'm sure they do not remember the days when people just got into a line, just because there was a line, not knowing if shoes, boots or bread etc was at the other end.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

At least the Russians have nice stocked up nuke shelters for the useless eaters , i will have to use the wooden table to protect me when the fireworks go off

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Putin is getting massive support of 90 % if you can believe the press in Russia , maybe he will go all Hitleresk over there sure looks like he is power tripping lucky he did not get a vote for a Nobel prize or time man of the year

edit on 28/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Putin is getting massive support of 90 % if you can believe the press in Russia , maybe he will go all Hitleresk over there sure looks like he is power tripping lucky he did not get a vote for a Nobel prize or time man of the year

I don't think people, even the Russian people truly understand their situation when you have heavy sanctions on one end and the oil market drops on the other. Russia needs 110 to 130 per barrel to sustain their government. This does not offer much to support the people though sanctions, so it is the old one two punch they are fighting to over come...

On one end their food and energy supply to their people gets cut to 1/2 of what is needed and my gas cost gets cut in 1/2...I wonder who can hold out the longest...

edit on 28-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Their Bonds were just downgraded and the SWIFT announcement they made looks like the bear might be ready to bite and dig into the 1200 tonns of gold they own .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Their Bonds were just downgraded and the SWIFT announcement they made looks like the bear might be ready to bite and dig into the 1200 tonns of gold they own .

That is only about 50 billion, I think Venezuela has a 32 billion loan agreement with China for more oil, so I'm not sure how long 50b will support a country the size of Russia. Expect interest rates to go to 20% or higher with a little hyper inflation on top.

That is the part that the people will at some point say hey wait a minute this sucks, and I still get my gas for 50% less that whole time with 3.2% loans and a 2% inflation.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

That's a move for war.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't think people, even the Russian people truly understand their situation when you have heavy sanctions on one end and the oil market drops on the other. Russia needs 110 to 130 per barrel to sustain their government. This does not offer much to support the people though sanctions, so it is the old one two punch they are fighting to over come...

On one end their food and energy supply to their people gets cut to 1/2 of what is needed and my gas cost gets cut in 1/2...I wonder who can hold out the longest...

The statement regarding western goods is a bit of a joke. The Russians have already done a deal with China, where most of the Western goods are made anyway. As far as Swift transfers go they will continue much the same but through China where they will get a percentage. So not much to see here.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The whole Russia versus the west thing gets me . It is the Saudis who have driven the price of oil down not the west . The day the Saudis oil runs out the better in my opinion .

Oh and kind of on topic . I have already given up 100% of Russian goods . Wait vodka .

edit on 29-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
The statement regarding western goods is a bit of a joke. The Russians have already done a deal with China, where most of the Western goods are made anyway. As far as Swift transfers go they will continue much the same but through China where they will get a percentage. So not much to see here.

I'm saying goods in general. Its been a long time since Russians had to line up for goods...the older ones know how it was back before 1990.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
The whole Russia versus the west thing gets me . It is the Saudis who have driven the price of oil down not the west . The day the Saudis oil runs out the better in my opinion .

Oh and kind of on topic . I have already given up 100% of Russian goods . Wait vodka .

The Saudis are trying to reestablish their monopoly over oil, they are really targeting fracking, Canadian shell drilling etc. since both of those have more reserves than what they can produce. Russia and Venezuela are just collateral damage due to their need to have oil prices so high for them to function.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I remember watching the news as a kid and hearing oil will run out in the year2000 , now it is cheaper than water in the middle east and everyone is pumping like mad all the way to 40 billion barrels per year , it is a gift that keeps on giving and giving and never seems to run out , a lot like taking blood regular from a human .

P.S Absolut vodka from Sweden en.wikipedia.org... is good

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
As I said, it's going to be an interesting year. The Saudi's can and will hold out. This is not their first rodeo. Believe it or not I think this is on the heads of the U.S. not the Saudi's. They are counting on the Saudi's to keep pumping that oil, driving prices to all time lows. Keeps the pressure on the Russians as a measure on top of sanctions. The U.S. knows they cannot compete with the OPEC ability to produce the crude but that's not what this is about. It's about forcing Putin into action. Forcing the Kremlin to make a move that it will regret. I don't think it will have the desired affect though, not with China looming in the distance. China would have no problem with making a deal in either side if it benefits them but you gotta realize that they are going to favor the side that can give them the outcome they most desire. With the Chinese owning 10% of our 17T dollar debt already how much more can we really offer them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The Saudis are trying to re-establish their monopoly over oil

I get the Saudis intentions , but the by product of that is Russia is struggling and struggling big time . Any sanctions by the west is not going to bring them to their knees and their sanctions against the west especially those concerning junk food can only make them healthier .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hell, how many of us in the west are ready to give it up... been at least 4 years fast-food-sober!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join