It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Russians ready to give up Western food & goods / lifetyle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I remember Putin saying they were going to develop their own net due to the NSA spying

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This current oil crash is actually bad for everyone, not just the Russians. But it is a bit nastier for America and especially countries like Venezuela and other oil rich low end economies. China is set to slingshot into first off the back of this and Russia is sittin pretty on team Communist. China has been chipping away at the USD for awhile now and with the recent death of the Saudi King and the deteriorating relations between the U.S. and Saudis, they are not going to just want to play ball with out some nastiness. Should be quite an interesting year.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

You would think that someone would send poor Venezuela a load of toilet paper especially a rich communist country to stop the protests on the street's

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: vdamiano

Some areas have banned children from drinking coke and G.M.O s have got the push by the duma and Mcdonalds in Russia have been shut in places

This is good common sense, we should do the same thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
TAKES HARD WORK and sacrifice.

Now watch this drive....

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

And give up my human meat burgers

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Ha! Well, it's not from a lack of begging!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Which brings a whole new meaning to "Eat my meat"

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There was a survey in Foregin Affairs that came out about 10 years ago in Russia. They asked citizens what they wanted the most out of a series of things. I don't remember all the choices but the highest voted one...and it was a clear majority...was that they wanted to be considered a "super power" again. They wanted that status.

I think in a war the Russian people, the majority, would back their government. America on the other hand has been in war non stop for quite some time and im sure many are exhausted. I'm sure Americans would back their country too but man...when do you say enough is enough of war.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

You would think they could grow hemp for toilet paper in their climate it produces more paper in one year from a acre than 4 acres of woodland , who is in control down there

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Some day's it feels like 1933 again when Jewry declared war on Germany with the insanity going on , wheelbarrow on the ready to get a loaf of bread

And not one word on a C/T site about the trials of Holmes and the Boston bomber going on

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: billyvonhelvete
Sounds like russia has stuck the whole country in a time machine, then gone back to the 70's, its getting very cold (omitted) again!

Fixed.
edit on 28-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Eh, it's their prerogative. If they don't want our garbage, they don't want it, it's not like we can force the people to buy it.

Not a big deal to me, overall. They'll make do, Russians have a knack for that.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Eh, it's their prerogative. If they don't want our garbage, they don't want it, it's not like we can force the people to buy it.

Yes and by the way thanks Russia for your sacrifice during the war we couldn't have done it without you.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Monsanto would argue that point kick /scream and shout like they did in Europe to get their way to poison the people

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vdamiano
Russia is not Moscow. Go to any "russkoe derevnia" (russian willage) and you go back in time to the 19-th sentury. They are not ready to give up Western foodstuffs, they simply don't know what that is. It is the same to say that 99.999% of North Koreans are ready to give up Facebook.

Same could be said about the mountain men area of the US as long as stereotypes are being thrown out there.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

With Ukraine mucking Russia about with gas payment's it is only a matter of time before the cold war get's really cold for European's when the taps get turned off after the SWIFT announcement

Because of the crisis, Russian gas exports to Europe have been falling. Lithuania, for example, used to import 100% of it's gas, but it has just opened an LNG terminal and is rapidly turning away. Other countries either already have or are about to follow suit.

Bear in mind, it is already half way through Winter and Russia using Gas as a weapon has backfired. It has had zero effect and Gas prices have fallen, not only easing pressure on Europeans, but increasing pressure on the now heavily damaged Russian economy.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
And now reports of more sanctions on Russia from Reuters which are being drawn up

Maybe France had another reason for withholding the Minstrel carrier's

sputniknews.com...
edit on 28/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5[...]
Meanwhile, 37% of the respondents said they were ready to give up the Internet and social networks.
[...]

To me, that reads "willing to give up freedom of information"- scary stuff.
Let's just go ahead and give up knowing what's going on outside of what our masters tell us in order to improve our quality of life.

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
O man that would be nice if the drug cartels weren't already doing it. Ven is in deep trouble and still spending. They will be going to war soon. Either with someone else or themselves. I have a feeling they are gonna make someone a very handy bedfellow. (thinking Cuban Missile Crisis)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join