It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nano-needle' operates on cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is great, the beginning of the use of Nano Tech. is here.

"Scientists have performed a delicate surgical operation on a single living cell, using a needle that is just a few billionths of a metre wide."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
nano technolgy really is mind blowing, can you imagine what advances were gonna be making in the next 100-200 years?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think with in the next 20-50 years Nano tech. is going to take over our current tech. I hope I live long enough to fly a car.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is only the begining, Nanotech will bring about Wonders and Horrors that the majority cannot comprehend just yet, but awarness is starting to seep into the popular culture. It's always been a staple of Speculative Fiction. In the next 5 years we are gonna see more innovation then we say in the 90s. In the next 10 years we will see more then the 80s and 90s probably even more as its not a linear progress, its progressing exponentially. There is one certanty that in the next 25 years we will see more technological progress then in the entire 20th century. I know thats saying alot, but you will see, you will see....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yeah, flying a car would be fun! what about flying a TANK! Woooooooo, with nano tech you could do just about anything.. turn pollution into clean air, turn desks and chairs into fresh beef ! there must be some catch. it cant be that amazing... can it!?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
yeah, flying a car would be fun! what about flying a TANK! Woooooooo, with nano tech you could do just about anything.. turn pollution into clean air, turn desks and chairs into fresh beef ! there must be some catch. it cant be that amazing... can it!?

The catch is, that is anything that is under 100 nanometers falls under the uncertain rules of quantum mechanics so basic intuition is usless when dealing with things that are inherently counter-intuitive. Google up "Schrodingers Cat" and "Heisenbergs Uncertainty Princapal" and call me in the morning. You'll probably still have a head-ache by then cuz its pretty mind bending stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I had a quick look, and my eyes started to bleed . i dont think top nano professers get it fully, i just hope in the next ten years they bring out a 'george foreman nano grill' cooks all your furniture to suculent steaks in minutes..yum

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
With the advance in nano-tech. in a few decades you might be celebrating your 120th birthday by going to your kitchen and saying "Computer Steak, medium rare."

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
when ever i think of nano technology all i can ever think about is turning stuff into food, it might because im always hungry.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I see bullet proof vests, sleek and aeodynamic planes, stronger and taller towers, clothes that stay clean and repel insects, robotic muscles of nano fibers, and yes, food. Thats what I see within just ten years, Im willing to place a wager on all of this. Most of the above technology has been produced.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just wanna fly a car and travel into space. If I ever do those things I would die a happy man.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
But on the other hand, Nanomachines could be used as a weapon, I mean they could eat away entire building, or be tiny spys so they can get surveillance without being caught, even the ability to launch a nuclear strike, who knows but I like the flying cars and things turning into food idea!

top topics

join