It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When one family can raise as much as an entire party, the system is broken.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: links234
This Is Not Democracy

Bernie Sanders' statement on the announcement by Charles and David Koch that they'll contribute $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

I said the same thing when the current potus raised $2 BILLION dollars to buy the last two elections.

I smell FAKE outrage.

President Obama is who the money was being raised for, there is a difference. Obama got a lot of his money from smaller individuals through online donations. The Koch Brothers are one of many donors to the Republican party, they are not the people running for office.

That said, there used to be a limit on how much could be spent in a Presidential campaign because there was public money available to help candidates. But by declining that public money, Obama was able to raise as much as he wished privately.

President obama got not even 1/4 of his donations from public online donations. What a joke. You cant raise 2 billion with online donations. No he took money from the kochs too actually so did hillary. Obama took the majority of his donations from corporations and wallstreet.

Citizen united is the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: luthier
Not even close. All those billionairs you mention do not helpnthe government or society or they wouldnt be billionairs. The supreme court is who to blame. How about Obama's 2 billion where did it come from public donations? Nope places like monsanto which are far worse than the Kochs..its all dispicable.

Oh yeah the Kochs funded and got Bill Clinton elected too in case you forgot that. He is a democrat right? The guy the signed the telecomunication act and consoldated all the media outlets to a few. And nafta,...etc etc.

The only good democrat was JFK, Carter intended well but,..

The last decent republican was Eisenhower. Now both parties are the same self serving monster.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

For those who can only seem to discuss all the billionaires rather than the idea of what's happening... care to discuss what it means for a democracy when a very small minority of people have the vast majority of the influence over the direction politics takes? How about when a handful of well funded people launch a prolonged and serious campaign to destroy the government?

Just to put this in perspective, Al Qaeda has an annual budget of 30 million. The amount they've spent since the first WTC bombing up to the present day, assuming 100% of it has gone to anti American activities trying to collapse our government is less than the Koch's have spent trying to dismantle our government in a single election year.

Citizen's United needs to be overturned.

Well first the telecomunication act needs to be overturned. Otherwise citizen united cant be overturned. Not sure if you underrstand citizens united and why it was ruled so. I think the citizens united ruling was the nail in the coffin.

I actually dont care about either of the roosevelts so your statement is only useful for people who love progressives (who love social engineering and making people better). I also seem to think you were insulting yourself since you were talking about the billionairs.
Koch brothers dont just fund republicans. They spent a fortune on bill clinton and the dems including obama have also takin their bribes.

Citizens united should be overturned but it cant without overturning the telecomincations act (made by a democrat) Otherwise the ruling actual has a logical point. Which is the media has the power to sway public opinion through private ownership with their billions of networking power why cant everyone else?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This Is Not Democracy

Bernie Sanders' statement on the announcement by Charles and David Koch that they'll contribute $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

I said the same thing when the current potus raised $2 BILLION dollars to buy the last two elections.

I smell FAKE outrage.

President Obama is who the money was being raised for, there is a difference. Obama got a lot of his money from smaller individuals through online donations. The Koch Brothers are one of many donors to the Republican party, they are not the people running for office.

That said, there used to be a limit on how much could be spent in a Presidential campaign because there was public money available to help candidates. But by declining that public money, Obama was able to raise as much as he wished privately.

President obama got not even 1/4 of his donations from public online donations. What a joke. You cant raise 2 billion with online donations. No he took money from the kochs too actually so did hillary. Obama took the majority of his donations from corporations and wallstreet.

Bwhahaaaa!

Indeed!

After all we went through the 'second great depression', the so called financial crisis!

Where the people supposedly had no money, no jobs, and yet the people managed to give him 2 billion dollars!

President obama got not even 1/4 of his donations from public online donations. What a joke. You cant raise 2 billion with online donations

You can't.

Exposing two great lies!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Koch brothers dont just fund republicans. They spent a fortune on bill clinton and the dems including obama have also takin their bribes.

You don't seem to get it. One or two people should not have the ability to spend so much money on a party that every other person in the party combined can't match the donation. How do you ever have representation under such a system? McConnell shut down the entire Senate just so he wouldn't be late to a meeting with the Kochs. That right there says who is more important to the Republicans... when they're on a string of passing a bunch of legislation they want to pass, they choose to stop in the middle of it in order to meet with someone. The Kochs are more important than the business of the nation. This needs to be addressed.

You never did answer my point #1 either. At what point is what the Koch brothers are doing considered sedition? They are spending huge sums of money in order to create propaganda networks that demonize the government and sway your vote and then spending even more sums of money on campaign contributions with the sole purpose of wanting to dismantle the federal government. In my mind, anyone who does what they are doing need to be in prison with their wealth confiscated.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Would you rather have the cash go under the table?

Micro-management usually always fails.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Micro-management usually always fails.

Considering that it's illegal and that atleast some of them would be caught for taking bribes (not to mention the bribers themselves getting in trouble)? Yes. I would prefer it go under the table.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...

They have abandoned all shame...

Them actually announcing they have nearly a Billion to spend on the next President is waving the goose in front of the pack of dogs to see who wants it the most. All you have to do is devour the competition and then do as you are told...good doggy.

WTF has become of democracy?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yes, preferably with an undercover FBI agent sitting at the table.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This Is Not Democracy

I smell FAKE outrage.

Is it your practice to lie? How about some sources?

Here, I'll get the ball rolling...Not 2 Billion, but 1 Billion..You were only 100% off the mark.

Obama campaign final fundraising total: $1.1 billion
www.politico.com...

Including 4.5 million total donors to the campaign ..

All told, the campaign’s online fundraising apparatus brought in $525 million, while the bundling and high dollar fundraising of the NFC brought in $286 million. Mail brought in an additional $229 million, with the rest coming from telemarketing or other sources.

By my math your entire post is BS?

And what represented 4.5 Million peoples contribution is what two spoiled brothers are offering.

That is not democracy...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join