It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When one family can raise as much as an entire party, the system is broken.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I smell FAKE outrage.

Yeah, heres another,
Slick 2 Billion by Bill and Hill

edit on 28-1-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Here's a list of links. Notice his involvement with Orman and the push to keep Reid as Senate leader?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The point is that Democrats have many more billionaires donating to campaigns than Republicans and have outspent Republicans in recent elections due to their corporate donors so this entire OP is fake outrage / QQ.

Right on! It's like Harry Reid ranting about the evil "unamerican" Koch brothers, but saying nothing about Soros,
who is one of the biggest scumbags of all time.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Your error on this is that the 'Justices' (ain't that an ironic name for them) addressed Corporate donations.

This would fall under individual donations. A different matter entirely.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The point is that Democrats have many more billionaires donating to campaigns than Republicans and have outspent Republicans in recent elections due to their corporate donors so this entire OP is fake outrage / QQ.

Good Sir!

Don't forget about them using the IRS to cut off funding for the Republicans.

Lerner!

Me thinks they doth protest too much.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So isn't this just business as usual? Why the outrage now? If people are willing to spend 1 billion for a part time job that pays $400,000 a year... Then yes there is and has been a problem for a long time...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The mantra of "money = speech" arises from Buckley v Valeo.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea. Dirty bastards, all of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: neo96

What baffles me is that we all seem to want to hate Soros, Koch, et al....but disregard the justices who voted to allow this to begin with. They are supposed to be the last sanity check before something crazy happens.

What baffles me is:

They say they want to get the money out of politics right ?

They won't end corporate welfare, and the wont end the other corporate welfare called entitlement.

Everyone is for sale in 'Merika.

Politicians', and the people.

edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
This Is Not Democracy

Bernie Sanders' statement on the announcement by Charles and David Koch that they'll contribute $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

That's the Law of the Jungle not the Rule of Law, In this new world order. You are as powerful as you are powerful.

It's obviously not a republic, or democracy in this way.. But it IS this thing. We are in it. He's an alpha wolf. Either test his nuts, or submit, haha.. OR gang up on him with mass donations from many many many people.

After what the supreme court said, money is free will. so be it for now.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What baffles me is that we all seem to want to hate Soros, Koch, et al....but disregard the justices who voted to allow this to begin with. They are supposed to be the last sanity check before something crazy happens.

What baffles me is:

GASP!!! You mean politicians lie???

You know why money won't get out of politics? Because the people don't give a damn. Outside of internet activism.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

GASP!!! You mean politicians lie???

Yep, and often.

I see it this way.

The left is happy with crumbs.

The right want's the whole damn cake.

Lowest bidder goes to the LEFT.

Highest bidder goes to the RIGHT.

Politics will always be about the benjamin's.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What baffles me is:

They won't end corporate welfare, and the wont end the other corporate welfare called entitlement.

Everyone is for sale in 'Merika.

Politicians', and the people.

I've always wondered about that. Are people so biased as to not see their own bribes? I think so.
You are completely correct about what you just said. I don't normally agree with what you see from your view.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I didn't say it was right. I'm just pointing out that fair is fair. If you don't like the Kochs donating, then you shouldn't like all the other super-rich people who do it, too. But somehow all I hear about is how the Kochs are the devil.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You know that 'article' is fake right? Please don't tell me you've been using that as an argument in other forums...

*Note: I made this up. The only part that's true is the amount spent so far by the conservative PACs (compared to only $7 million by Priorities USA!) and the fact that Buffett won't contribute to Super PACs on principle.

I mean, I am the polar opposite of you when it comes to ideology but come on man...next thing you're going to start linking from is The Onion.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's the staggering intellectual inconsistency.

No one likes government entitlements except for their own.

No one likes incumbents except for their own.

Because of these two things, nothing will ever change voluntarily.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That post loses me. How is the left happy with crumbs? The rest as well, escapes me.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They are smart men...

Watch Hillary have a small lead in September and the "Bengazi ad" produced as the October surprise weapon get released proving she ordered "stand down" on CIA/Military personnel.
Final scene is four flag crapped coffins at Edwards AFB.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with a huge donation to a party or representative running for a seat. I think the only people entitled to complain about it are the other candidates who don't get a slice of the pie. A government where no one can contribute and they strip all wealth away is called a what?

a reply to: links234

edit on 28-1-2015 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Koch motto is:

If at first you don't succeed, buy buy again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join