It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When one family can raise as much as an entire party, the system is broken.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This Is Not Democracy

Bernie Sanders' statement on the announcement by Charles and David Koch that they'll contribute $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
According to the Supreme Court of the United States, it IS democracy to buy political office.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Agree 100%, it does nothing but put more power into the hands of the few. If something happens politically, you can bet big money is behind the scenes, pulling the strings and running the show.

$889 million can feed a lot of people and I don't mean the bull from politicians... S + F

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
This Is Not Democracy

Bernie Sanders' statement on the announcement by Charles and David Koch that they'll contribute $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

Both parties have big money donors behind them. It ends up we all lose because the two choices are Democrats or Republicans.

Sanders is just angry because he is unelectable.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Certainly a fair and working Republic

/sarcasm.

Donation or bribe what is the diffrence?
edit on 28-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If you're rich enough to get away with it, it's a donation. If you're a little person or you're low on the TPTB totem pole, beware

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
This Is Not Democracy

I said the same thing when the current potus raised $2 BILLION dollars to buy the last two elections.

I smell FAKE outrage.
edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wanna know which direction America is going in 2016?
Ask the Koch Brothers what they expect in return.
edit on 28-1-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I ran in here because I felt sure this was going to be about George Soros who single-handedly funds most of the Demcratic party ...

Who am I kidding? I knew this was a Koch hit thread from the start, but it would be nice if people were at least fair in their recognition of Soros and his cronies and their play in the game.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I ran in here because I felt sure this was going to be about George Soros who single-handedly funds most of the Demcratic party ...

Who am I kidding? I knew this was a Koch hit thread from the start, but it would be nice if people were at least fair in their recognition of Soros and his cronies and their play in the game.

Agreed. I have liberal family members who rant about how evil the Kochs are, but they won't acknowledge Soros,
who is worse. Much worse.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Im sorry...did i miss a recent article on the $889mil that George Soros plans on buy, er, winning the next POTUS campaign with? If so, I'd love to read it, and dig in to it a bit.

The point here isn't the name in the OP. Koch, Soros...its not the name. Its the act.

Politics = getting people so mired in detail of the trees that they eventually become oblivious to the forest.

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Agreed. I have liberal family members who rant about how evil the Kochs are, but they won't acknowledge Soros,

The absurdity.

So if given the choice of having to eat a blue cow patty or a red cow patty....one of the cow patty's is actually considered "worse"?

On year 7 of the Bush presidency, the country was fairly locked into agreement that they were sick of Bush. Now that we have year 7 of Obama....we are the same. It isn't the party. Its what the party is made of.
edit on 1/28/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Don't stop at Soros!

Gates,Buffet,Zuckerberg, and Bloomberg he might as well call himself one.

I digress evil Kocks' ad nauseum.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Didn't Soros ultimately fund the Ferguson protests through various fronts?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

When I saw this title, I thought the thread was going
to be about The Clintons.

Well, at least since they got past "dead broke".

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well this ain't Soros but he does spend quite a bit.

Warren Buffett's 1 Billion Dollar Campaign Contribution

Back to fake out rage.
edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: links234

Wow! 889 million?

One would have to assume someone pissed them off, big time. Unlike Soros and company, they announce it?

It's one of the incentives/perks of being wealthy. One gets to offer up the one-fingered salute to pretty well anyone they have a mind to. In this case, it's the democrats...

edit on 28-1-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Didn't Soros ultimately fund the Ferguson protests through various fronts?

Not to mention the Ukraine war.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What baffles me is that we all seem to want to hate Soros, Koch, et al....but disregard the justices who voted to allow this to begin with. They are supposed to be the last sanity check before something crazy happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im sorry...did i miss a recent article on the $889mil that George Soros plans on buy, er, winning the next POTUS campaign with? If so, I'd love to read it, and dig in to it a bit.

The point here isn't the name in the OP. Koch, Soros...its not the name. Its the act.

Politics = getting people so mired in detail of the trees that they eventually become oblivious to the forest.

originally posted by: ColeYounger

The absurdity.

So if given the choice of having to eat a blue cow patty or a red cow patty....one of the cow patty's is actually considered "worse"?

On year 7 of the Bush presidency, the country was fairly locked into agreement that they were sick of Bush. Now that we have year 7 of Obama....we are the same. It isn't the party. Its what the party is made of.

The point is that Democrats have many more billionaires donating to campaigns than Republicans and have outspent Republicans in recent elections due to their corporate donors so this entire OP is fake outrage / QQ.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sanders is just sour grapes because the Koch boys won't give him anything.

He *Always* picks on issues that he can't do anything about.

He *Always* wants somebody else to do things.

Jealous, envious knee-jerker fumble-flops *Always* do that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join