It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jhugener
Im not speaking for Neo, but personally I would rather have these illegals exported and 'dumped' back where they had come from. If they want to become an American citizen, pass the tests, or enlist in the Military, just as millions had previously done. a reply to: links234

Would that not mean you should all come back to Europe...and leave the natives to their land in peace...like I said earlier....there are no immigrants.... There are only borders....there isn't an immigrant issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Back up a step.

Nobody has a "right" to work.

That would imply that another person would be "required" to provide a job.

We can't force one person to take an action so that another person can express a so-called "right."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: plube

Yeah you are right, this are modern times, we have Those that contribute to the state while paying taxes and those that live off the tax payer without paying anything to it

Does that sounds better? or you are just been sarcastic like I am been right now.

You actually believe the tripe that your saying....because you pay taxes your a more valued person in this world...unbelievable...you do realise that every dollar that you pay 54% goes to military...so your proud to know that over half your tax dollar goes toward the slaughter of these same immigrants that are apparently being created.

Taxes are paid to help the elitle promote their wars and take over sovereign country's....it has not changed from ancient times....taxes are still to this day not for the people...they are for creating armies....so please...you can be proud that your another person whom has been duped into the fold of....This is for you.

It seems to me you have to highlight and shout our your a tax payer to make yourself feel proud...like you have accomplished something grand....well yes ...you have....you have created inequality...hatred...poor...hunger...division...war...murder...racism...and the very evil governments that enslave the people in the very debt that they purposely use to enslave people....yup...you my dear fellow human should be proud....but to me the person whom refuses to pay their taxes...who goes out of their way to embrace their fellow human with welcoming and kindness....the ones who are standing against their governments for social injustice...the ones who know that military expenditure far far far exceeds social and economic expenditures are the ones whom really understand what taxes do.

But....there is hope...with a little understanding and guidance...even you my tax spewing friend can be save from the tyranny of your own government.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: plube
you do realise that every dollar that you pay 54% goes to military

Can you source that? Show me a budget with 54% military spending?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Im not speaking for Neo, but personally I would rather have these illegals exported and 'dumped' back where they had come from. If they want to become an American citizen, pass the tests, or enlist in the Military, just as millions had previously done. a reply to: links234

Would that not mean you should all come back to Europe...and leave the natives to their land in peace...like I said earlier....there are no immigrants.... There are only borders....there isn't an immigrant issue.

The "natives" are immigrants too. So they need to leave as well. Stupid argument spouted by people with no ability to think.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The "natives" are immigrants too. So they need to leave as well. Stupid argument spouted by people with no ability to think.

Well nice to see you have said exactly as I had hoped...there is no such thing as immigrants....because we are all immigrants

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

you do realise that every dollar that you pay 54% goes to military

Can you source that? Show me a budget with 54% military spending?

graphic of budget

Hope this has some perspective
edit on 033131p://f05Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: plube

Link did not work. I found the link on my own, it literally had nothing to do with your claim. Source your claim or take it back.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
With a statement such as that you assume every persons opposition against yours must be of Anglo Saxon descent. Sound theory. reply to: plube

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hint: You will never source it. You are 100% wrong. Military is about 20% of the budget. In 2009 it was about 650 Billion of a 3.1 Trillion budget. You are laughably wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Weird I'm in the Military and I haven't killed any illegal immigrants. your philosophy on taxes amazes me. reply to: plube

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I find this topic completely laughable.

So we started a failure of a "war on drugs" which caused, in essence, a diaspora of central and northern South American people. Then we armed drug cartels, essentially allowing them free reign from Mexico to Columbia. Now we want to tell people that don't want to be killed by these psychopathic murderers that they can't seek safe refuge in America, the land that coined the phrase "huddled masses yearning to breathe free", because we started war with less imminent threats on the other side of the globe.

What we need to do is ignore false threats from elements as real as the Tuscan raiders from Star Wars and focus our efforts on either wiping out violent terrorists that lie literally on the other side of our border or ending the war on drugs. Either way, refugees are refugees and should be treated as such. They have a right to seek refuge in the United States, whether it be for economic or mortal protection, without the risk of corrupt organizations exploiting them.

In conclusion, either work toward giving illegal immigrants a safe home to return to, allowing them to seek refuge here and work without exploitation, or keeping your mouth shut. We started at least part of this problem, therefore, it is partly our responsibility to fix this problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

Shhh. Stop making sense. I can't sensationalize and run for president with that, come on! The gun smuggling operation our government used to arm friendly cartels members sure didn't help.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Surely it isn't the right to work we should all be bothered about its the non payment of tax, taking up accommodation needed for legitimate citizens the baggage brought with them and a lot of other 'illegals' problems that are never discussed honestly yet need redressing. If you have facilities that hyour citizens have all paid into these get 'watered down when you add in a lot of extras who have made no donations whatsoever.

If you go along with integrating illegals into the work force then put down your borders and open up the country. Europe is already finding it more than challenging to integrate floods of people, even harder when their culture is ferociously different.

Again a greater distribution of wealth and investment in countries where people are exiting en-masse would probably be less disturbing and unsettleing for the majority of those people who may prefer to stay in their own lands that most love. Not everyone wants to exit their home but the situation of the world today is so tipped in favour of a tiny minority that this is the result.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
We? I'm not some liberal whack job that decided it would be wise to give cartels weapons, thus giving free reign to the country after doing so. You're right it's my responsibility as a U.S. citizen to vote and recruit for those who protect and uphold the law. Judging by ones comments, it's people like YOU not US, that are partially to blame for electing this president whom idiologic ideals you share.

In conclusion, keep your mouth shut a reply to: scolai

edit on 1 29 2015 by Jhugener because: America

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: burntheships

I honestly don't have a problem with a drug dealers asset's being taken.

Or people like the Madoff's.

And terrorist's.

You should Because it breaks the part in the constitution that says ones property should be safe from being taken without due process.

A policeman making a on the fly decision to confiscate money without a trial is not due process.

Another example of you picking and choosing what parts of the constitution you are in favor of.

I mean for someone who goes on about the constitution you sure dont seem to have read it beyond the 2nd

Dont get me wrong if someone is found guilty in a court of law there property should be fair game.
But the key is being found guilty in court. Allowing property to be pinched by LEO on just suspicion is wrong, open to abuse and in the US anti constitutional.
edit on 29-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Boy do I look like an idiot, you're not even residing in the U.S. Nevertheless I stand by my statement for those who elected this guy. a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Hint: You will never source it. You are 100% wrong. Military is about 20% of the budget. In 2009 it was about 650 Billion of a 3.1 Trillion budget. You are laughably wrong.

Wow....I guess you may have failed to even go down and read a bit....oh well....also I click the hyper link and voila...took me right...but I am a patient person...will post again...

Many Americans do not realize that the largest line item their taxes go towards is the military. Furthermore, the “national defense” category of federal spending is typically just over half of the U.S. discretionary budget (the money the President and Congress have direct control over, and must decide and act to spend each year. This is different to mandatory entitlement spending, the money that is spent in compliance with existing laws, such as for social security benefits, medicare, paying the interest on the national debt and so on). The amount spent on defense has increased as a percentage of the total discretionary budget over the past five years.

Sourced from same link as above...discretionary spending
you can be insulting as you wish...but It will not change facts.

Also if you wish I could point out at least ten other sources for similar information....but would be wasted as I don't feel you even bothered to scroll down a wee bit.

But for others....another source with realistic explanation

discretionary spending

edit on 053131p://f32Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f36Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f38Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f45Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, we have done terrible things to Mexico and all of Central America.
We have taken and exploited their resources and labor for well over a century.
It's why we have cheap coffee, bananas and once upon a time RadioShack electronics.

That said, it still isn't justification to ignore our own laws.
We cannot ever repay the debts of colonialism or slavery, it's history long since gone at any rate.
We still need a functional judicial system to protect our rights and property.
For instance, I feel terribly for the ranchers who live on the border who are under constant threat due to human and drug traffickers using their land to enter the country. The laws are there to protect them but they aren't being enforced. Yet if any of those same illegals were to traipse in to the offices of Goldman Sachs uninvited you can bet the cops will be there faster than Chinese delivery.
You're absolutely right about our laws being selectively enforced.
Seems the poorer you are the more selective they are about protecting you and your property.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It isn't slavery. Mayan Jaguar happened in our lifetime. In the last 10 years even. All those beheaded bodies that were piled up along the border are a result of the US backing the Sinaloa cartel over all other cartels.

I am of the opinion that people coming in from Mexico are refugees. They are looking to the US for refuge from the drug war raging in their country. A drug war that the US is responsible for creating. Purposefully.

I agree: we cannot feasibly support all of Mexico. So the options are that we ether get a handle on our own government. Or we will continue to have this problem. Since we cannot build a 2000 mile fence, and apparently we cannot feasibly seal off the border (and if we do, expect beheadings to start happening on the US side of the border in response), what else can really be done? Keep trying to capture the water flowing out of the sieve?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join