It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Americans are losing jobs but it's okay to give people who don't belong here opportunities. Throw out your family and replace them with guests. Wonderful logic.

Most Americans would flat out refuse to work fast food / janitor / dish washer / target / plumbing / construction etc etc

Most of those jobs are actually done by Americans. Not illegals. Check your stats. Granted in some areas, they are being over run by illegals. The problem with illegals is that they drive down the wages of those jobs so it does make them less attractive. Therefore, if you care about the working poor, you don't important millions of more poor people from other countries as all your are doing is driving down wages for the least skilled workers.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

I'm not arguing if it is a Law... I know it's a Law.

I'm arguing if it is morally right to feel justified to create a Law in the first place that none of your Founding Fathers endorsed or had a hand in when laying the Foundations for their dream Nation...

“Our ancestors… possessed a right, which nature has given to all men, of departing from the country in which chance, not choice, has placed them, of going in quest of new habitations, and of there establishing new societies, under such laws and regulations as, to them, shall seem most likely to promote public happiness.”

No matter how you try to break down this statement...

If those illegal immigrants people love to complain about really have not made a choice, but chance has forced their hand... eg I don't know, let's say running away from murderous cartels who have killed about 100,000 people since the early 2000s, you know, hypothetically speaking... It is their "right" which "nature has given to all men"...

Should things be regulated, sure...
Should all illegals be deported without actually checking what they left behind and why?...
Not according to TJ buddy.

Thing is times change.

Modern infrastructure cant handle unchecked mass immigration.

As brits we know that.

Hospitals, schools, roads, prisons ect get overburdend if the influx on immigration out strips the ability to build those things.

Immigration can be good but one has to be senisible.

You cant allow millions of poor unskilled mouths to turn up if the basic public services are not there.
You cant have 1 million people turn up to live in a area set up only to provide for 100,000.

Anyway its not hard to get a legal US entry visa. Just learn a valuble skill. I get offers of work in the US all the time, I just dont want to live there.

edit on 28-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Dumb statement is amazingly narrow minded generalized statement.

Your wrong with every letter of your statement, amazing face plant.

Also amazing that so many wail and moan about our horrible immigration laws... Look around we are saints compared to a lot of the world when it comes to illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

No, Neo's would need a heart first. Like many conservatives he'd rather just round them up and dump them in some other country,

While I agree with you that they should be contributing to the economy if they're here, I disagree with how they arrived here in the first place.

How about rounding them up and dumping them in the country they came here from in the first place?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Modern infrastructure can handle unchecked immigration.

No it can not.

In case people haven't noticed. Government has too many mouths to feed.

Not enough soup to go around.

The reason we have immigration law is to let immigrants come in a few at a time. So the country, and it's resources can handle it.

Then let more in.

That is the biggest problem we face now. Too many people. Not enough resources to take care of them.

link   

You do make a fair point regarding Israel/Palestine but you neglect to point out that when the Immigrants came to the area they took over, changed the law, stole more land & then subjugated the indigenous...

So the only way that comparison would work is if Mexicans flooded in, took over your Law system, grabbed a piece of Cananda in the process and then treated you all like subhumans until you resist & die a "terrorist" or flee the land as a refugee..

So it's not completely the same thing...

I think our communication problem, Neo, is that you consider Illegal Immigrants to be anyone who comes in without permission & paperwork or a Visa...

I consider an Illegal Immigrant to be an already known criminal in the country they came from without a damn reason to be leaving there in the first place but to cause havoc on another's Land...

Now, here is where we may find common ground, I can guaruntee that some of the Illegal Immigrants you complain about does fit my definition...

But where we drift again is that if also put money on it that most of them don't...
edit on 28-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

link   
Where do they find these kind of people to put in high places? Maybe it is true that Obama really is an illegal immigrant who is looking out for his own

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think our communication problem, Neo, is that you consider Illegal Immigrants to be anyone who comes in without permission & paperwork or a Visa...

I consider an Illegal Immigrant to be an already known criminal in the country they came from without a damn reason to be leaving there in the first place but to cause havoc on another's Land...

By entering into a country illegally, it makes that person a criminal by definition. How hard is that to figure out?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You do make a for point regarding Israel/Palestine but you neglect to point out that when the Immigrants came to the area they took over, changed the law, stole more land & then subjugated the indigenous..

Miss the topic clearly. Because that IS what is being done here.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Modern infrastructure can handle unchecked immigration.

No it can not.

In case people haven't noticed. Government has too many mouths to feed.

Not enough soup to go around.

The reason we have immigration law is to let immigrants come in a few at a time. So the country, and it's resources can handle it.

Then let more in.

That is the biggest problem we face now. Too many people. Not enough resources to take care of them.

Exactly.

As much as I loath to agree with you

Even things as simple as sewers and power grids have to be able to handle the i flux.

Lot of these systems are falling apart in the US as it is.

UK its schools and hospitals that are failing under the burden.

Its ok if your country has money to build more, but ehen your trillions in debt?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm refering to refugees fleeing war torn areas to get to safety who do not have the means to go "the legal route"...

& as much as some of these right wingers will say different just to justify their outlook on immigration...
Mexico definitely has war torn areas.

Regulation is great for migrants...
For refugees, which is the true word for a lot of these Mexicans, I don't think the same rules apply...

Morally speaking.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're missing the fundamentals of the AG nominee's comment then.

claim all the benefits of having a citizen child and claim all the income and benefits of working under the table illegally.

Then make them legal so none of this happens under the table. Their taxes get straightened, they contribute to society legally. Same with dreamers, they didn't choose to come here, they were brought here illegally and this is their home. Make them capable of legal contribution.

By keeping immigrants in an 'illegal' status we deliberately hinder ourselves and their contributions to society and the economy.

They're not hurting me by living and working here. If they're paying gas taxes and property taxes and laying low, then it's not hurting me or anyone else. It's a stupid law and either A) shouldn't be enforced so strictly or B) should be altered.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Its ok if your country has money to build more, but ehen your trillions in debt?

We really don't.

Social programs are more in favor than infrastructure,and those programs have taken trillions away from it.

The way I see it we keep adding more, and more people, costing us more, and more money, and more, and more programs.

Something had to give, and that was infrastructure.

Unchecked immigration is the virtual straw that breaks the camels back.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yea yea. Native Americans. Genocide. Smallpox. Reservations.

Point remains, colonists weren't illegal immigrants. The country wasn't started by illegal immigrants. It was started by imperialistic countries. Land was taken by colonists, away from the natives.

Trying to bring that "started by illegal immigrants" line into this is apples and oranges.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm refering to refugees fleeing war torn areas to get to safety who do not have the means to go "the legal route"...

& as much as some of these right wingers will say different just to justify their outlook on immigration...
Mexico definitely has war torn areas.

Regulation is great for migrants...
For refugees, which is the true word for a lot of these Mexicans, I don't think the same rules apply...

Morally speaking.

Most countrys including the US have legal asylum seeker laws that legaly allow that.

Plus it still does not negate the issue of infrastruture.

If a million asylum seekers turn up tl a area that can only handle 100,000 people you still have a problem.

Hostipals, schools, prisons, roads, sewers, police, EMT, firefighters, powergrids ect dont come cheap.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

By entering into a country illegally, it makes that person a criminal by definition. How hard is that to figure out?

Not according to Thomas Jefferson they're not...
Not unless they didn't have a reason for which to enter the land.

And the fact that he called it "a right" that "nature has given to all men" how could it possibly be a crime?

& if it is in fact a crime, then you have bigger problems to worry about in the States, because it won't be long before your "rights" become a "criminal act"...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You do make a for point regarding Israel/Palestine but you neglect to point out that when the Immigrants came to the area they took over, changed the law, stole more land & then subjugated the indigenous..

Miss the topic clearly. Because that IS what is being done here.

Really Neo?

How so...

Have the Mexicans knocked down American houses and settled on their Land & made them flee the Area?
Have they Airstriked your schools & hospitals despite UN warnings?
Have they "taken over" Neo?

Or are you using extreme hyperbole to talk about what you fear might occur?

Because personally, I haven't heard any American make the claim you just have...

Yet "That is what is being done here"...

Sure!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

The problem with amnesty is that more than half of the millions that are already here will qualify under legal status for welfare, that means that more than half of those millions will depend on a hard worker tax payer to support their living and those of their dependents, let no forget that the extended families wherever they are will be able to also come to the country, we are at a record high when it comes to the burdened welfare system in the country, and now the Obama crap also adding more taxes to the working class, adding millions more to it doesn't sound like a very smart thing to do at this time.

Unless what the whole main idea and goal behind it is about votes even if it means screwing those that are the ones supporting the growing welfare state.

No all those millions of illegals that will qualify for legal status will be all working skillful jobs and paying into the tax system, more than half will be welfare dependents.

edit on 28-1-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

LOL

You don't have a right to ILLEGALLY enter another country.

If that's the case Bush was totally justified invading Iraq.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Neo, you need to change that OP, I think that Obama's Attorney General Nominee wasn't really talking about the Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States .

What she meant was that Illegal immigrants have the right to suck up to the welfare system paid by the working legal tax payers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join