It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I do want someone for AG who upholds the laws, not the ones he or she deems to be worth his or her time to uphold.

The fact that I don't care who suggest that illegals have some mythical right to break the laws and profit from it shows that for me it ISN'T a partisan thing.

TOODLES!

edit on 28-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What do you expect, neo, the hag is been propped by Obama so do you expect her to be against Obama's agendas?, she will kiss his butt until she is dismissed once the Republican party find somebody else to do the licking, butt kissing and liking when they win the next national elections.

Let the hag have her one year of spot light, remember Obama is no done yet with nation screwing, soo much to do so . . .littler time. . .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh I get it, now it's on a piece of paper it's immoral...

There is plenty of bull# Laws all over the World...

This is one of those arguable ones. imo

Personally I only see immoral things as illegal...
Everything else is control.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I was holding out for someone. That would stand against the king.

And put the rule of law above the party politic.

As per the job description of the AG.

Guess it was just asking for too much.
edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Have you missed me? you know that when it comes to Amerikas politicrap you will never truly find somebody with enough honesty or cojones to be against the powers that be, those never get to make it to the big boys club unless they are corrupted like them .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Americans are losing jobs but it's okay to give people who don't belong here opportunities. Throw out your family and replace them with guests. Wonderful logic.

Most Americans would flat out refuse to work fast food / janitor / dish washer / target / plumbing / construction etc etc

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So we're just going to ignore all the times history has proven that an influx of cheap laborers leads to big problems?

Many Americans who are currently making decent money will be replaced by illegal immigrants willing to work for minimum wage. Now those people will either be unemployed or forced to work for lower wages... thereby decreasing their ability to stimulate the economy by purchasing goods and services with disposable income.

This sort of policy will only lead to further destruction of the middle class and a widening income inequality. The end goal MUST be destruction of the U.S. economy... that's the only way any of this makes sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh I get it, now it's on a piece of paper it's immoral...

There is plenty of bull# Laws all over the World...

This is one of those arguable ones. imo

Personally I only see immoral things as illegal...
Everything else is control.

Arguable eh ?

List of immigration laws of the US.

There is no argument to be made for the willful violation of American law.

Numerous precedent's exist.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nope they were British citizens.

Right... So nothing to do with America & without paperwork?

I'm sure there were some French and others as well as Brits.

Yeah those double standards of telling me I have to follow the laws of this country, but when it becomes politically favorable to add voters to their base.

It's always been about voters since the beginning of the System...

Don't be so naive as to think that's a new age democrat plan, it's about voter control now & it was about voter control then... For all sides... In all Nations.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Most Americans would flat out refuse to work fast food / janitor / dish washer / target / plumbing / construction etc etc

Ah, that wonderful rhetoric, it kind of stick to you when is recited enough. . . si repitelo porque pega.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I`m curious, is their right to work in the U.S. a god given right or a constitutional right?
If everyone in the world really does have a right to work in the U.S. then all of our immigration laws have to be repealed because they are violating everyones rights.

an obligation to work? that`s laughable
They aren`t obligated to do anything for the U.S. this isn`t their native country they aren`t even citizens.If they have an obligation to work in the U.S. then they have an obligation to work in every other country that isn`t their native country and which they aren`t a citizen of.
To say that every non U.S. citizen in the world is obligated to work in the U.S. is complete insanity and yet that`s exactly what she said.

link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Americans are losing jobs but it's okay to give people who don't belong here opportunities. Throw out your family and replace them with guests. Wonderful logic.

All of those jobs are now held by Americans or legal immigrants. What happens to them when companies can legally hire illegal immigrants who are willing to work for minimum wage?

link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Tons of Americans work fast food/janitor/dishwasher/Target/plumbing/construction. The thing is they have no choice. When you have Phd grads working fast food there's a problem with the economy.

Where I used to live the Target had tons of Americans. All ages, not just students/the young. We're importing people at the expense of our own. Illegal is illegal, but then again I don't expect much from the citizens of this country...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Everyone has the right to work. To be employed.

I guess Neo would rather have these illegals living off the government dole. Not contribute anything to the system, no taxes, no influx into local economies. Just let them live here illegally.

No, Neo's would need a heart first. Like many conservatives he'd rather just round them up and dump them in some other country, build a big wall and shoot anyone who came near it. Because that's the ethical and moral thing to do to enforce our immigration laws.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

They ALREADY DO.

They already get most of the perks of citizenship.

Hell the only thing they don't have is voting rights.

I'd rather have them follow the GD law, and knock on this house's door, and ask for permission to come in.

Then stand in line like all the good law abiding folks do.

Those people actually who RESPECT this nation, and it's laws.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Pay close attention here.

We all have a front row seat of how the Israeli/ Palestine issue got created.

Unchecked immigration.

Lot's of people sure are being naive.

Tis not I.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm not arguing if it is a Law... I know it's a Law.

I'm arguing if it is morally right to feel justified to create a Law in the first place that none of your Founding Fathers endorsed or had a hand in when laying the Foundations for their dream Nation...

“Our ancestors… possessed a right, which nature has given to all men, of departing from the country in which chance, not choice, has placed them, of going in quest of new habitations, and of there establishing new societies, under such laws and regulations as, to them, shall seem most likely to promote public happiness.”

No matter how you try to break down this statement...

If those illegal immigrants people love to complain about really have not made a choice, but chance has forced their hand... eg I don't know, let's say running away from murderous cartels who have killed about 100,000 people since the early 2000s, you know, hypothetically speaking... It is their "right" which "nature has given to all men"...

Should things be regulated, sure...
Should all illegals be deported without actually checking what they left behind and why?...
Not according to TJ buddy.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

That's funny. I remember working Target because I needed to have a full-time when we first moved to the city we live in now. I worked that job for two years while I was looking for something to do with my degree. I didn't "falt-out" refuse to work that job as being beneath me. But then, my parents raised me to work for my living no matter what it took to survive. There is nothing that is beneath you if you need to survive.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

And there are legal procedures for that, but most don't follow those procedures. They simply come here and squat because they can pop out a kid or two, claim all the benefits of having a citizen child and claim all the income and benefits of working under the table illegally.

Yes they work the system.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What is MORAL.

Is NO group of people is above the law.

The immorality here is some people think a group is.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join