It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think the Native Americans should have the last word in this debate.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Ummm, no. I was a coal miner, then construction/welder. The "dirty hands" jobs are all I ever liked. Office work drives me nuts. I'd rather be out sweatin' and gettin' dirty than sitting in an office with the drones. "We', meaning the construction worker and welders and pipe fitters and coal miners and truck drivers and all the rest who get out and WORK for a living, like it just fine. Get rid of the cheap labor that drove us out and we'll get right back to it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I "hope" the newly elected Republicans understand that they better fight this un-American tooth and nail and not by any means allow her to become the country's most powerful cop. Obviously, since she is willing to ignore the laws, she shouldn't even be allowed to become a beat-cop.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Criminals Are Rewarded!

Some Motorists Wait Months For DMV Appointments After Illegal Immigrant Law Goes Into Effect

Source: losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 30-1-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm disabled and they recently cut my foodstamps because I got a 1% increase in my disability. They cut my foodstamps by $40 a month. I'm barely able to survive in this place as a citizen but they can afford to give benefits to people that break the law and come into this country illegally. This pisses me off to no end. Take away from our own citizens and give benefits to citizens of another country that broke our laws.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Indigo5

No, it is not an idiotic question.

She states that everyone has a right to work.

He asks about the legal status of the workers for employment purposes.

She says they are not legal for employment, but she just said they have a right to work.

No...He asked a long rambling, ideologically pandering question involving civil rights, MLK, our forefathers ...and Immigrants...and Illegal immigrants.

She simply said that everyone had a right and obligation to work regardless of how they got here..

Is there a reason you focus on the convenient excerpt/out-of-context clip vs. when she clarified for all the ideologically challenged folks who were likely to snip the sound-bite and use it dishonestly???

S: SO AGAIN, TO REITERATE, YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT THERE'S A FEDERAL RIGHT FOR AN IMMIGRANT WHO IS NOT LAWFUL HERE TO WORK?

LL: NO, SIR, NOT AT ALL.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And I told you - those were the exact clips I heard in the radio this morning.

He basically asked her whether or not someone who is here under Obama's amnesty, which is not a full citizenship, but a different status could sue if an employer decided to hire a legal citizen instead, after all, the Obama status is only conferred by memo for three years and may then become an illegal status again.

Her answer is a dodge, but the implication is that YES an employer could be sued for discrimination on that count.

It's not incoherent at all.

He asked if an employer chose to hire "an American Citizen first" over someone that received "amnesty" would the justice department consider that discriminatory...

The reason that is a STUPID and PANDERING question...(A) A deferral is NOT Amnesty (B) If someone did receive Amnesty, they would be an American "Citizen"...thus his question Amnesty vs. American Citizen is stupid...they would both be American citizens and the DEFERRAL is not Amnesty

Sessions: IF A PERSON COMES HERE AND IS GIVEN A LAWFUL RIGHT UNDER THE PRESIDENT'S EXECUTIVE AMNESTY TO HAVE SOCIAL SECURITY AND A WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD, WHAT IF SOMEBODY PREFERS TO HIRE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN FIRST? WOULD YOU TAKE ACTION AGAINST THEM?

LL: WITH RESPECT TO TEMPORARY DEFERRAL, I DID NOT READ IT AS PROVIDING A LEGAL AMNESTY, BUT A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL.

NOW...follow here..>Sessions doesn't compare an "Undocumented Immigrant" with an "American Citizen" in his question....He compares someone that theoretically received "Amnesty" after "entering the country unlawfully"...and has since received citizenship through amnesty..

Sessions: A LAWFUL IMMIGRANT OR A PERSON WHO ENTERED THE COUNTRY UNLAWFULLY?
[With "Entered the Country Unlawfully" He is talking about American Citizens that theoretically received amnesty after entering the country unlawfully...Lynch responds in context]

LL: I BELIEVE THE RIGHT AND THE OBLIGATION TO WORK IS ONE THAT'S SHARED BY EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY, REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY CAME HERE. IF SOMEONE IS HERE REGARDLESS OF STATUS, I WOULD PREFER THEY BE PARTICIPATING IN THE WORKPLACE THAN NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE WORKPLACE.

That is just the facts, transcripts and reality of the exchange....This OP is BS.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

....This OP is BS.

What is BS is that illegals are being rewarded, have been rewarded and will continue being rewarded and placed upon some kind of pedestal above laws and citizens and people coming here through proper channels.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: neo96

I think the Native Americans should have the last word in this debate.

This is getting really old. Native American tribes fought against each other for land and food ,they didn't have laws and borders, but they fought and killed each other for that land. Today we have laws and borders and for a very good reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

....This OP is BS.

What is BS is that illegals are being rewarded, have been rewarded and will continue being rewarded and placed upon some kind of pedestal above laws and citizens and people coming here through proper channels.

That is about as relevant a post as some drunk guy shouting at a bar...

As for what she said...She was answering a hypothetical question posed by Sessions where an employer chooses between two American Citizens (one who was born or immigrated lawfully and one who received amnesty)

After she painfully pointed out the obvious that the Deferral was not Amnesty, nor made them US Citizens...he acknowledged the same and went forward with his Hypothetical and asked if she thought someone that received Amnesty had the same right to work as someone that immigrated lawfully...

She said that everyone in that context (both being American Citizens) has a right and obligation to work..

The OP is utter BS...

As the full, unedited video shows, as the transcripts show...

Ideological belching aside...those facts remain...because they are facts...video and transcripts...

Now back to bumper sticker posting.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is the most intellectually challenged Administration ever, after all.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Did you just willfully ignore my explanation?

If, as she herself stated, she believes that everyone here has a right and obligation to work then it shouldn't matter what their status is - legal or deferred. To not hire them is to violate what she views as their right.

That was what he was asking. Does she believe that if an employer chooses to hire the legal worker over the deferred worker, has their right been violated.

I'm sorry if you are willfully being ignorant because you want to cover for your side.

It is a very important question.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

(A) American Citizen (Either born here, immigrated legally or immigrated illegally and received amnesty...this does not include Deferrals under Obama)

(B) Deferral (Immigrated illegally and has received the ability to work and stay while they apply for citizenship)

(C) Illegal Immigrant (Immigrated illegally and has not received or eligible for Amnesty or Deferral)

Her response and Sessions question excluded (C)

So there is a difference between someone that "Immigrated Illegally" and an "Illegal Immigrant"...the difference being their current status.

Not sure how to be more clear?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join