It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Or when you see illegals demanding things like in-state tuition and getting it despite not being citizens while legal citizens still are subject to in and out of state tuition. Seems like someone who isn't even a citizen ought to pay out of state tuition no matter what.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Indigo5

WALL OF CAPS

It hurts the eyes, it does.

That is cut and paste of the actual transcripts...it comes in all caps...people should actually read them vs. spin sometime.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just watched the vid. I love how she thinks all those illegals should hold jobs while she sits there with an obviously high paying job herself and doesn't have to worry about competing with any illegals.

I have witnessed the sadness and despair of citizens being turned away from a job and saw with my own eyes illegals hired instead. If this is right and fair in anyone's eyes, I just have to sit here and shake my head wondering where common sense went.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Indigo5

When did ATS become BS central?

The B.S. occurred when Lynch gave answers that were an attempt to be politically correct. She had to clarify those answers upon further questioning so she could at least create the appearance of being legally correct as well.

She tried to answer a long, confusing, rambling, pandering political complaint posing as a question...

That is why she had to clarify her answer..once someone asked it DIRECTLY and SUCCINCTLY.

S: SO AGAIN, TO REITERATE, YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT THERE'S A FEDERAL RIGHT FOR AN IMMIGRANT WHO IS NOT LAWFUL HERE TO WORK?

LL: NO, SIR, NOT AT ALL.

The Bubble/Disconnect of the right wing ATS around here is amazing at times...Maybe explain this?

Attorney General nominee wins GOP endorsements
news.yahoo.com...

Sen.(s) Hatch Graham and Flake are for illegal immigration?

The BS is hip deep on this thread.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

" The day people started making excuses for their government, and it's appointed 'leader's. "

I can remember since I was 10 years Old that the United States Government was the Enemy of the Citizens of these United States . They could Care Less About the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights when it happens to conflict with their Political Agendas . Most Elected Officials and the people who work for them are Self Interested Control Freak Scumbags , and it is All because of our System of Government Never had Checks and Balances that could not be Compromised by the Greed and Corruption of these People who get in Office Decade after Decade . Will that EVER Change ? Well , IMO No , unless Americans from Every State in the Union Rebel against those who don't OBEY The LAW of the Land and take back this Great Country our Founding Fathers Bestowed upon US ..........

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I listened to the actual testimony. It was perfectly understandable. That clip was the best I could find on short notice.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes they are because Big Business is for it. They want your job to go to some guy who comes here illegally and will work for less than you will. The Democrats like it because they will get an endless pool of voters.

Face it, we've been sold out, and the sooner you get it, the sooner you understand that we are not your enemy. THEY, all of them, are.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Am I my brother's keeper?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Psst look!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I listened to the actual testimony. It was perfectly understandable. That clip was the best I could find on short notice.

Yes...that "clip" you provided was just that and excluded the conversation that immediately preceded it...long and rambling diatribe by Senator Sessions and the conversation that followed the statement where she clarified the comments.

Thus the nature of "Clips" provided by orgs with ideological agenda.

Also why I provided transcripts and links to full transcripts showing this OP to be just another "Clip" out of context BS piece.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And I told you - those were the exact clips I heard in the radio this morning.

He basically asked her whether or not someone who is here under Obama's amnesty, which is not a full citizenship, but a different status could sue if an employer decided to hire a legal citizen instead, after all, the Obama status is only conferred by memo for three years and may then become an illegal status again.

Her answer is a dodge, but the implication is that YES an employer could be sued for discrimination on that count.

It's not incoherent at all.

edit on 29-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And I told you - those were the exact clips I heard in the radio this morning.

He basically asked her whether or not someone who is here under Obama's amnesty, which is not a full citizenship, but a different status could sue if an employer decided to hire a legal citizen instead, after all, the Obama status is only conferred by memo for three years and may then become an illegal status again.

Her answer is a dodge, but the implication is that YES an employer could be sued for discrimination on that count.

It's not incoherent at all.

For the love of god...that is why I provided actual transcripts vs. ...Hey..I heard it on the radio..

And NO that was not a "dodge" of an answer...it was the most polite answer to an absolutely STUPID QUESTION...

S: WOULD YOU TAKE ACTION AGAINST AN EMPLOYER WHO SAYS NO, I PREFER TO HIRE SOMEONE WHO CAME TO THE COUNTRY LAWFULLY? WOULD THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TAKE ACTION AGAINST THAT?

LL: WITH RESPECT TO TEMPORARY DEFERRAL, I DID NOT READ IT AS PROVIDING A LEGAL AMNESTY, BUT A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL.

Meaning that those illegal immigrants would NOT HAVE citizenship...not Amnesty, just deferral and would not have the same status as a full Citizen...thus there is no danger of a "discrimination" lawsuit or prosecution...."discrimination" as defined by the law has to do with US Citizens. He is asking about an issue that only applies to US Citizens and is confusing the Deferral with Amnesty..

Like I said....he is asking idiotic questions with broken premises...but she still has to be polite.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No, it is not an idiotic question.

She states that everyone has a right to work.

He asks about the legal status of the workers for employment purposes.

She says they are not legal for employment, but she just said they have a right to work.

He asks about the employer. What if they refuse to hire an illegal on deferred status over a legal worker? Would that open them to legal repercussion? After all she just said they have a right to work.

She dodges that answer because she can't give it. What is she going to say? Yes, the employer must hire the illegal employee or get sued after just saying that they don't have legal worker status and thus putting the employer in the position of having to violate existing work laws?

It is not an idiotic question. She just potentially admitted that employers are in the position of either violating what she perceives as a new workers' right or breaking existing labor law.

edit on 29-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This lady proved she is incompetent to do the job. She has been nominated for Attorney General of the United States and she doesn't believe in the rule of law or Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R.-Ala.) asked Lynch “who has more right to a job in this country," citizens and legal permanent residents or illegal aliens?

“I believe that the right and the obligation to work is one that's shared by everyone in this country regardless of how they came here,” Lynch responded.

What a deflected answer !!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

if you are not a native american, but an american, you are likely a descendant of an illegal immigrant. Murderous and treasonous to boot !

But seriously, isn't this better than mooching off the system ?

the republicans need to get their hate in order

I'm independent btw, spare me the liberal name calling please

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Well I actually do have native American ancestry.

Also have European ancestry that came here before there ever was a United States.

So that dog don't hunt.

Some people sure do need to get their hate in order.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

if you are not a native american, but an american, you are likely a descendant of an illegal immigrant. Murderous and treasonous to boot !

But seriously, isn't this better than mooching off the system ?

the republicans need to get their hate in order

I'm independent btw, spare me the liberal name calling please

My husband is 1/8th Native American and he will tell you that he is American and that his ancestry is the best argument he can think of for why any sovereign nation needs to make and enforce immigration law.

If you don't, like his ancestors didn't, then you will get swamped and cease to be a sovereign nation.

So can we start to talk again about why amnesty and open borders are a bad idea? Immigrants need to be brought here legally and in measured amounts that can be assimilated by the host culture. Then more can be brought. It doesn't matter so much where they are brought from so long as they come legally and assimilate to be American.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

if you are not a native american, but an american, you are likely a descendant of an illegal immigrant. Murderous and treasonous to boot!

Native Americans warred against each other for land and food so they murdered as well. I have some Native American ancestery as well as French and Irish. Back then, there were no laws so no illegals. Let's get with the current times which is more relevant.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

if you are not a native american, but an american, you are likely a descendant of an illegal immigrant.

"illegal" means in violation of the law.

So which immigration law was the English settlers in violation of when they came here?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join