It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Attorney General Nominee: Illegal Immigrants Have a Right to Work in The United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

President Obama's recent executive action on illegal immigration, deferring deportations and giving millions of individuals access to work permits, Social Security, Medicaid and other benefits, was front and center during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday where attorney general nominee and U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch testified

"Senator, I think the right and obligation to work is one that is shared by everyone in this country regardless of how they came here and certainly if someone is here, regardless of status, I would prefer that they be participating in the work place than not be participating," Lynch said. Attorney General Eric Holder, who Lynch will replace if confirmed, has openly stated he believes amnesty for those who entered the country illegally is a civil right.

Source

So broke the law to get here.

It's perfectly acceptable to profit from that crime.

According to her, and her boss.

I thought there were laws of the books that say a person can not profit from the commission of a crime or criminal activity.

Well people looks like the soon to be new boss of the Department of Injustice is just like the old boss.

Picking, and choose what laws matter, and which ones don't.

edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Are we working hard to turn this into a partisan issue? This is pretty much the same thing.

The centerpiece of Bush's immigration plan is a guest-worker program that would allow participants in the program to eventually become U.S. citizens. Bolick claims this program will "ease pressure on illegal immigration."

And if you believe the federal government is good at matching employers with employees, making sure those employees stay with those employers, and accurately estimating how many guest workers every industry in American will need, then sure, it sounds like a good program.

But, if you are a bit more skeptical of the federal government's ability to manage labor markets, then the program is destined to be a complete disaster. [Source]

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Awsome!

The Bush defense.

Now what does that have to do with the current issue of ILLEGAL immigrants ?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Awsome!

The Bush defense.

Now what does that have to do with the current issue of ILLEGAL immigrants ?

Jeb Bush, darlin.

Totally current events that address that very issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
The Rich Lust for cheap labor, I bet they have a stiffy over what is happening in Cuba, start the Exploitation Fest.

Reel in the filthy Rich Now. Low Lifes.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
The Rich Lust for cheap labor, I bet they have a stiffy over what is happening in Cuba, start the Exploitation Fest.

Really ?

Though it was about the current DOJ's party wanting more voters.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I agree: Team Obama has always picked and chosen which Laws to ignore.

But then, there are elitist ex-Presidents (and their spouses) that do the same ...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't care to delve into the partisan play, but this line stuck out to me: the right and OBLIGATION to work...

As if somehow an illegal immigrant who doesn't have the right to be here to begin with is just trying to fulfil their obligation to society by working.

Riiiiight....

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I missed where Jeb Bush was ever President and where I would have had the opportunity to have supported him?

I do believe I have stated several times that I DO NOT want him as the nominee in 2016.

edit on 28-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Honestly.

You expected something different?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I could draw anything worth a damn, I would start making satirical cartoons about Europeans with AK47s patrolling their borders for illegal American immigrants.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Didn't the original "settlers" in the Americas work?

Weren't they illegal immigrants?

Weren't they the original Republicans trying to get away from rule of The Crown?

Talk about partisan double standards.

I suppose these immigrants aren't the same because they're brown instead of European Warlords.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I missed where Jeb Bush was ever President and where I would have had the opportunity to have supported him?

I do believe I have stated several times that I DO NOT want him as the nominee in 2016.

The AG nominee isn't President either.

Point being this ain't a partisan issue. If anything, it's more to what ugmold said.

To some people everything's a partisan issue...no matter how deep they have to dig or how to find something.

But have fun! Toodles.
edit on 1/28/2015 by ~Lucidity because: i don't know what a no,inee is

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Didn't the original "settlers" in the Americas work?

Yeah they were like this guy:

Weren't they illegal immigrants?

Nope they were British citizens.

Weren't they the original Republicans trying to get away from rule of The Crown?

Classical republicanism was the sovereign power of the people.

Talk about partisan double standards.

Yeah those double standards of telling me I have to follow the laws of this country, but when it becomes politically favorable to add voters to their base.

The laws don't apply.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I love this line.

Can you cite the immigration law that was broken?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Americans are losing jobs but it's okay to give people who don't belong here opportunities. Throw out your family and replace them with guests. Wonderful logic.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: ugmold

Really ?

Though it was about the current DOJ's party wanting more voters.

Why do you think this is a Partisan matter?

To make it simple?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Both republicans and democrats are in favor of illegals. Establishment republicans are towing the line for the Chamber of Commerce whose big business members want cheap labor. Democrats want to expand their voter base.

At least there is the Tea Party fighting the RINOs. Democrats are just marching right off the cliff.

It really is telling when you have the Democrats crying about minimum wages but yet that doesn't reconcile with bringing in illegals which depresses wages for the least skilled. Obama all but spit in the face of the black voter base with this move, but since blacks basically vote for Democrats no matter what, I can't say I don't blame him.

I don't have a problem with immigration. I just want it controlled along with secure borders. We shouldn't be importing poverty into this country. It would be different if we didn't have the entitlement state, but when you are handing out bennies to everyone and their grandma, it is not sustainable. We need to take care of the existing underclass we have, not bring others over.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Precisely, we refuse to take care of our own and give them opportunities but we're expected to feel sorry for the political pawns? No freaking way.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Edumakated

Precisely, we refuse to take care of our own and give them opportunities but we're expected to feel sorry for the political pawns? No freaking way.

Political Pawns!

Perfect way to describe it.

Black,white,hispanic,male,female,straight,gay. rich,middle,poor.

ALL political pawns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join