It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Box communication - What do you hear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hi,

further to my thread 'EVPs and Ghost Boxes', which can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I decided to purchase a Spirit Box someone mentioned called a 'Spirit Box P-SB7'.

I took it out on its first paranormal research investigation to some local fields with ruins. I'd be grateful if you'd have a listen and tell me what you hear. I should mention that the first file is a section from the original and hasn't been altered (using audacity software) so it's quite noisy. My voice sounds faint because I put the digital recorder up close to the portable speaker to make sure I get a clear recording of any responses. You will hear my voice say 'Where do you live?'. Then shortly after that you hear me say 'Where did you live when you died?' However, you won't make out all of that sentence because that's when (what appears to be) a Spirit Box communication begins.

The Spirit Box was on FM and scanning channels at 100 ms (milliseconds) so that's one tenth of a second. The spirit communication (or what seems like one) definitely seems to go on longer than 100 ms.

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know what (if anything) you hear.

Here is the first file to give you a bit of context (i.e. the question) and show it to you in its 'raw' state.

soundcloud.com...

This second file only has the 'spirit communication' (if indeed that is what it is) it has been slowed down a bit in audacity and I also applied noise reduction:

soundcloud.com...

Looking forward to hearing what you hear

Aelf
edit on 28-1-2015 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
By the way, if possible listen with headphones or with good speaker.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The second one says "I do not step on people"....a reply to: Aelfrede

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

Use a simple (and included with most sound editing programs) frequency or spectrum analyzer. LIke the ones musicians have in their recording studio apps and programs. If there is something there...it will show up as a slight or strong boost. And at that point you can isloalte it, clean up the graphics, and boost any frequencies up to hear more clearly(or down).*

ie: the human voice is found in the mid-range frequencies.

Good Luck

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your feedback

originally posted by: donktheclown
The second one says "I do not step on people"....a reply to: Aelfrede

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice. Do you hear anything on the links I sent? Was your advice just general advice or specific to what you heard?

Thanks!

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Use a simple (and included with most sound editing programs) frequency or spectrum analyzer. LIke the ones musicians have in their recording studio apps and programs. If there is something there...it will show up as a slight or strong boost. And at that point you can isloalte it, clean up the graphics, and boost any frequencies up to hear more clearly(or down).*

ie: the human voice is found in the mid-range frequencies.

Good Luck

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
By the way, the files don't take very long to listen to - only 13 seconds to be exact! Would really appreciate more feedback. Thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I heard what sounded like someone say "I don't expect you to wait"....????

Or at least that's what it sounded like at first try. I will try later with headphones.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I heard * Why do it?* in a high voice, then i heard * Don't speak to me * That's what i heard anyways.
edit on pm1u3115Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:58:52 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Thanks loads for listening. I didn't want to say what I heard to avoid the power of suggestion but I hear something similar. Did you hear it most clearly on the second one? Or can you hear it on both recordings?

Will wait a bit longer before saying what I heard as would be good to get some more feedback from other members.

Thanks again for listening and reporting what you heard

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Or at least that's what it sounded like at first try. I will try later with headphones.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aelfrede
I decided to purchase a Spirit Box someone mentioned called a 'Spirit Box P-SB7'.

That would be me.

You got some excellent stuff there.
I'm marking this thread to come back to so I can go over it and talk about it.
These spirit boxes work great .. dont' they??

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thanks very much for having a listen and letting me know what you heard.

I didn't hear two separate sentences so am going to listen again. Oh, it just occurred to me that it might be my voice you're hearing when you hear 'Why do it?' - I ask the question: 'Where do you live?' then shortly after asking that, I decide to rephrase the question to: 'Where did you live when you died?' - the (what I think is) a spirit communication begins just after I start to ask the rephrased question. So it (seems like) it's in answer to my first question (i.e. 'Where do you live?')

So do you think what you heard as 'Why do it?' is my voice asking one of those questions?

Thanks loads for your feedback, really appreciate it

originally posted by: AnuTyr
I heard * Why do it?* in a high voice, then i heard * Don't speak to me * That's what i heard anyways.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Btw, that would be great if you'd have another listen with headphones. What I hear seems to make sense in response to the first question.

Really appreciate yours and everyone's opinion and time spent listening and replying!

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I don't know what it says, but it sounds like French.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey there! Yes it was you
It's great to see you here! And btw, thanks so much for mentioning on my thread about what spirit box you got, saved me a lot of research and also helped me reach the decision that I will not pursue (at this stage anyway) trying to build my own spirit box. There was a problem in getting hold of the right type of radio that is easier to modify. And that could end up costing more in the long run if I was to get the wrong radio. And anyway I wanted to get researching

I'm really looking forward to hearing back from you what you hear in my recordings (btw they only last 13 seconds in total). Yes these spirit boxes are amazing! It just gets you thinking and wondering about how exactly this whole reality (as in greater 'multi-dimensional' reality) really operates. Love it!

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Aelfrede

That would be me.

You got some excellent stuff there.
I'm marking this thread to come back to so I can go over it and talk about it.
These spirit boxes work great .. dont' they??

link   
I'd like to know ... how did you record this?
What equipment did you use and how was it set up??

link   
LOL! Thanks for the feedback! Anyone speak french?

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

I don't know what it says, but it sounds like French.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

If it is French it sounds like ".......sur mont", which means "on mountain". Can't make out the first part.

I am talking about the raw version. The other one sounds completely different.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Had the spirit box scanning FM at 100ms. Had my X-mini portable speaker connected to it to get better quality audio. Then I had my digital recorder held close to the speaker to ensure I got as clear audio as possible.

I stood at the edge of a field where I previously had sensed a presence (I have psychic tendencies, see auras, energy etc) when previously at that field with a friend. We had been stood next to a tree chatting about something, and just for a moment I was convinced someone else was stood with us (just behind me to my right). But what was weird was in the moment I didn't question this, and actually believed we did have someone else with us, felt like the feeling you have when you really believe you are three of you rather than two. The feeling was it was a young man/teenage boy - they had a good vibe.

At that same moment my friend said 'look at that cloud, how weird' - and for a moment she actually thought the clouds might have come down that low. But when she saw the cloud racing across the top of the field into the next field, she started to realise she'd seen something else. By the time I looked it had gone. Then I told her how strange, and that I just had the feeling someone else was with us, and for a moment I accepted it as completely normal, as if there really was three of us out for a walk rather than two. We're pretty sure that 'cloud' racing along was a spirit. So that's what made me choose the location.

I probably should have included this in my OP, unfortunately I can't edit it now (unless a moderator would be kind enough to do it for me).

I made some other recordings in the same location and in an adjacent field where the ruins are. Some I scanned AM and some FM. I still haven't finished analysing them yet. I used audacity (free) software to slow down the second sample (from my OP) a bit and apply some noise reduction.

Please ask if there's anything else you'd like to know.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'd like to know ... how did you record this?
What equipment did you use and how was it set up??

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How interesting! The fields are quite high, and probably more than half way up to the level of the local mountain

Thank you!

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

If it is French it sounds like ".......sur mont", which means "on mountain". Can't make out the first part.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join