It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan agrees to prisoner swap with ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A Japanese hostage being held by ISIS looks set to be freed today after Japan reportedly agreed to swap him with a known militant.

Terrorists from the Islamic State have threatened to murder Kenji Goto unless Jordan released Sajida al-Rishawi, a convicted Iraqi would-be suicide-bomber. On Saturday, it emerged Islamic State had killed another Japanese hostage Haruna Yukawa, piling pressure on the Japanese government.

But it is now being reported that Japan has agreed to the swap and Goto could be released within hours. Islamic State previously insisted on the exchange of the female Jihadist prisoner in exchange for the safe return of Goto and a Jordanian pilot.

But IS has warned the pair will die if the woman militant is not freed. They say they will start by killing the Jordanian, who was captured after he his fighter jet crashed in Syria in December and then Mr Goto.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Well who expected this? I personally didn't think Jordan would give into this, but apparently they've been getting big protests calling for them to do the swap. Many Jordanians are angry because they don't really want to be fighting this war to begin with (IMO).

I wonder what ISIS has planned for the would-be suicide bomber. Maybe Al-Baghdadi wants a new wife, lol. I guess women that terribly indoctrinated in Islamic Extremism are pretty sought after by the terrorist masterminds. Maybe they just want to use her as a suicide bomber? You'd think she'd be noticed if she ever tried to infiltrate another nation again but who knows. Burqa's are good for that.

I find this whole thing interesting though, because when ransoms were paid by certain countries to ISIS for hostage release in the past, not too much was said about it in the media. In fact, I don't recall reading anything about it. These were apparently certain NATO countries in Europe too. But with Jordan being in the air coalition against ISIS, I wonder how the U.S. is going to react.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is that her on the left?

Scary bitch.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
delete...
edit on 1/28/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I wonder how the U.S. is going to react.

If they can get a two for one deal then it makes sense to do it , it's a better deal than the U.S got for Bowe Bergdahl.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

?

link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Working with Jordan to target the drop point......then leveling it...errrr.....cratering it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If they can get a two for one deal then it makes sense to do it , it's a better deal than the U.S got for Bowe Bergdahl.

Is he the deserter they (the U.S.) traded five terrorists to 'save'?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Didn't know that...

I heard on the news just now the exchange is for the Jordanian Pilot only.

And really it could be a case of too little too late, seeing as the deadline has passed.

We will have to wait & see.

Hopefully they're released, & haven't been harmed already due to the stalling.
edit on 28-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Did Jordan throw in a few 1st round draft picks as well? All part of the game. All part of the game.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Trading civilians for militants. We'll have this thing under control in no time

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatisurproblem
Is that her on the left?

Scary bitch.

Lmfao.

Naw, that's a DUDE. She's in the top right corner of the pic.

originally posted by: gortex

Very true. How can the U.S. say anything critical at all about dealing with terrorists anymore? 5 for 1 ..

The difference being, they let those 5 go live in Yemen or UAE or some such place where they can be "closely monitored".

I don't think they'll be able to monitor the female after she's released from Jordan, unless they sneak a microscopic device in her food.

P.S.: Jordan, please don't forget to infect her with Ebola before cutting her loose, lol.
edit on 1/28/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

IF... we wanted to be really cruel, we could feed her a capsule that would degrade over few days, containing a heavilly radioactive isotope. Once she is back in Burka-stan being debriefed it would start radiating some of them extreme extremists.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Way to put a target on EVERY civilians back

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
infect her with ebola first that should thin there numbers

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The White House claimed Wednesday that a potential prisoner swap between the Islamic State and Jordan is different from last year's trade of five Taliban prisoners for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl because the Taliban are only an "armed insurgency" -- an explanation one congressman called "nonsense."

White House spokesman Eric Schultz sought to make the distinction when asked about the Jordanian government's willingness to release a female jihadist, in a bid to secure the freedom of a Jordanian pilot captured in Syria. ISIS also is holding a Japanese hostage, whom they have threatened to execute.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

The White House claimed Wednesday that a potential prisoner swap between the Islamic State and Jordan is different from last year's trade of five Taliban prisoners for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl because the Taliban are only an "armed insurgency" -- an explanation one congressman called "nonsense."

White House spokesman Eric Schultz sought to make the distinction when asked about the Jordanian government's willingness to release a female jihadist, in a bid to secure the freedom of a Jordanian pilot captured in Syria. ISIS also is holding a Japanese hostage, whom they have threatened to execute.

www.foxnews.com...

Im getting dizzy

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I'm starting to think that ISIS isn't even serious to begin with, didn't expect Jordan to be willing to trade, and may have killed one or both of these hostages by now. If not yet, they probably plan to imminently.

It'd be quite a media terror campaign to capture everyone's hearts and minds, to have the news outlets all talking about this story, then to release a beheading video with more trash talking. Wouldn't that be messed up? I could really see people like them doing it on purpose, too.

The latest:

Jordan is not about to pull off a deal yet, having received no proof that its pilot is still alive.

"We need a proof of life so we can proceed," the government spokesman said.

If Jordan gets such proof and releases al-Rishawi, it is not clear whether that would mean Goto also goes free. Or al-Kassasbeh, for that matter.

So the drama continues, with so much unsettled and so much on the line.

edition.cnn.com...

edit on 1/29/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I honestly dont even pay attention to the Isis thing anymore. They are just the next "reality tv terrorist". The Kardashians of the Quran. I just am sick of weedung through their bs news to get to something that interests me. Didn't mean to bomb your thread

new topics

top topics

join