It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designer Wedding Day Weather for $150,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
Wanna talk about old news? The russians have been doing this for quite some time..
Only if I can pro..... wait a minute.. I can..

Russian Cloud Seeding gone WRONG.

Well, that's only from 2008. Cloud seeding has been around (commercially) since the late 1950s and early 1960s.

There have been many companies from the 1960s through to today who sold their services to U.S. ranchers and farmers in the mid-west and Texas, seeding cloud with silver iodide and/or salt, claiming that they could make it rain on their crops and fields.

edit on 1/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Ya I know.. I was just making a point that this isn't new..
The US has had a hand in weather modifying... During Vietnam..

Operation Popeye

Operation Popeye (Project Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967-1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam war ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

The operation seeded clouds with both silver iodide and lead iodide, resulting in the targeted areas seeing an extension of the monsoon period an average of 30 to 45 days. As the continuous rainfall slowed down the truck traffic, it was considered relatively successful.[1] However, resultant rain and subsequent flooding of the nearby Song Con River is sometimes blamed for the move of POWs from the prison camp at Son Tay and therefore, the failure of Operation Ivory Coast.[2]

The former U.S. Secretary of Defense, Robert S. McNamara, was aware that there might be objections raised by the international scientific community but said in a memo to the president that such objections had not in the past been a basis for prevention of military activities considered to be in the interests of U.S. national security.

The chemical weather modification program was conducted from Thailand over Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam and allegedly sponsored by Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and CIA without the authorization of then Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird who had categorically denied to Congress that a program for modification of the weather for use as a tactical weapon even existed.[3]

I know its wiki but I am being lazy..

originally posted by: Unresponsible
...And another Back to the Future 2 prophecy comes to life, kind of half-assedly.

Well no.. This has been around before a movie..
L2 Histories..
edit on 1/28/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
While cloud seeding is somewhat effective in producing rain (it's used often in Texas) I doubt it would have the ability to disperse an entire weather pattern to create clear skies for your wedding. I'm not familiar with the rain of France, but in Texas, the right weather pattern could bring thunderstorms for the majority of a day, and rain for the majority of several days. Doubt they could stop it.

That's what the Chinese were attempting for the Beijing Olympics. They were hoping to force all of the rain out of the rainclouds in order to make the rain fall in other regions regions, so the clouds would be less rain-heavy when they moved over the Olympic sites. That was the plan, at least.

edit on 1/29/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: GetHyped

Why did you out of nowhere post an insult to me and move off topic?

Sorry, it was a joke, and admittedly a bad one at that.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Designer Wedding Day!!! It’s quite interesting dear. I would love to use cloud seeding service on my wedding day. Can you please tell me whether these services are provided in San Diego Wedding venues or not?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If your bride-to-be insists on this service, run. Run for your life.

Anyone who's that much of a control freak is going to be a nightmare to live with.

That aspect may be the only real quality this service offers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join