It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch donors give Marco Rubio early nod

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It looks like wealthy Republican donors have an early favourite for 2016. Frankly Marco Rubio is the last person I could see getting the GOP nod for nomination. I figured it's be Jeb, Romney with Rand Paul closely behind, very interesting. I wonder why Rand didn't win their starwpoll? Maybe his non-interventionist foreign policy? hmm

The Koch brothers’ conservative network is still debating whether it will spend any of its massive $889 million budget in the Republican presidential primaries, but the prospect of choosing a GOP nominee loomed over the network’s just-concluded donor conference in the California desert.
In an informal straw poll of some conference donors, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida came out ahead of four other would-be GOP presidential candidates who had been invited, according to an attendee familiar with the results.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Mind you the poll was out of the 4 candidates invited to the Koch even so? Cruz, Walker, Rand and Rubio were there. Not sure why Jeb and Romney didn't attend? Or were they not invited? interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Further down the article:

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul — who received the least enthusiastic response from donors during a Sunday night forum of prospective candidates that also featured Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz — finished last in Luntz’s poll, the source told POLITICO.

Rand Paul received the least enthusiastic response from donors at this Koch event. I can tell you one thing, if you don't get a nod from the Kochs, you're going to have a very difficult time surviving in the primaries. The only thing I could think they would've caused him to come last is his foreign policy stance.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I called this a few years ago , i think... is this guy of Mexican decent?

i keep searching but cannot find the post or thread were i said it

Will keep looking

Q

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Marco Rubio? Not sure, I think he may have Cuban heritage? I can see some appeal... Hispanic, Florida is his home turf, an essential State in presidential elections but beyond that he's the same like all the other candidates.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
MArc Rubio eh? I thought for sure I read something this morning that said Scott Walker was the golden boy..

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
mistake delete pls
edit on 28/1/15 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I like Marco Rubio, I really do. But, right now, I don't think he has the strength to stand up against GOP wingnuts to be true to his real constituents and goals. He'll be just another talking points sock puppet for the TPTB to throw under the bus.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Marco Rubio? Not sure, I think he may have Cuban heritage? I can see some appeal... Hispanic, Florida is his home turf, an essential State in presidential elections but beyond that he's the same like all the other candidates.

It was postulated at the time , that this would be the next choice from TPTB , we had our first black president , who just gave amnesty to lots of Mexicans
so its a logical choice.

They next Candidate would be of Mexican heritage to garner the new found votes

The next president WILL be Hispanic OR a Woman, remeber to vote for your free choice ./rolleyes

Q

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Democrat mudslingers will have a field day with Rubio.

10 Things You Need to Know About Marco Rubio

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Another day, Another Koch thread.

If I had a nickle for every one I could buy an election.

I don't get the obsession some people have with the Koch's.

It's like their Captain Ahab while they IGNORE their own.

I wouldn't place money on Rubio, then again.

I don't give money to politicians period.
edit on 28-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Rubio opposes the separation of church and state, marriage equality (supports Constitutional amendment to define marriage), the legalization of marijuana and a pathway to citizenship. He says we have no right to clean air and water, wants to expand the military, mandate ultrasounds before abortions, and wants us in Iran, Afghanistan and Syria...

Marco Rubio On the Issues

Yeah, not too surprised the Koch's are supporting him.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Kind of like some people's obsession with Obama, huh?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: neo96

Kind of like some people's obsession with Obama, huh?

More like peoples obsession with what I say.

Gasp!

My bad for not jumpin on the Kochaphobia bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I like Rubio.
Im from TX and would vote him.
He could swing alot of votes that voted the other way last time.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
MArc Rubio eh? I thought for sure I read something this morning that said Scott Walker was the golden boy..

You were right....

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Better be some bottled water in the deal.

Rubio is Blank.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
It looks like wealthy Republican donors have an early favourite for 2016. Frankly Marco Rubio is the last person I could see getting the GOP nod for nomination. I figured it's be Jeb, Romney with Rand Paul closely behind, very interesting. I wonder why Rand didn't win their starwpoll? Maybe his non-interventionist foreign policy? hmm

The Koch brothers’ conservative network is still debating whether it will spend any of its massive $889 million budget in the Republican presidential primaries, but the prospect of choosing a GOP nominee loomed over the network’s just-concluded donor conference in the California desert.
In an informal straw poll of some conference donors, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida came out ahead of four other would-be GOP presidential candidates who had been invited, according to an attendee familiar with the results.

Mind you the poll was out of the 4 candidates invited to the Koch even so? Cruz, Walker, Rand and Rubio were there. Not sure why Jeb and Romney didn't attend? Or were they not invited? interesting.

If the Kochs like a candidate, I'm almost certain to not. Lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
I like Rubio.
Im from TX and would vote him.
He could swing alot of votes that voted the other way last time.

Why? Because he's Hispanic?

Do you think that Hispanics are ignorant of the issues and will vote along racial lines?
Hispanics are acutely aware that the GOP views minorities as a "less than" political demographic.

racerelations.about.com...
edit on 28-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gee, I don't know. I would like to start seeing the Constitution followed. Although the Constitution does not define natural born citizen, there are letters from our Founders and other books/documents from that era that do define the term. Like Vattel's Law of Nations. Then there's the Court case Minor vs. Happersett. For those really not in the know, check out Attorney Apuzzo's blogspot @puzo1.blogspot.com

Anyway, RUBIO IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN. HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRESIDENCY. NEITHER IS CRUZ, NEITHER IS JINDAL AND THERE'S TALK THAT ROMNEY AND SANTORUM AREN'T ELIGIBLE, EITHER. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these ineligibles are being pushed on us in order to further erode the validity of the Constitution, and frankly, I'm sick of it...and really sick and tired of people not bothering to care enough to keep our Republic intact!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Another day, Another Koch thread.

If I had a nickle for every one I could buy an election.

If you could buy an election - you would be exactly like the Kochs - and people would be obsessed with you

The Koch's will go down in history (assuming there's anyone left around to tell it) with the likes of Stalin

Knock yourself out neo

:-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join