It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot soldiers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If our world can last another thousand years without it being blown up by nuclear weapons or jesus, dont you think it makes sense that were gonna use robots to fight wars?? soldiers could controll the robots from safe underground bunkers with out fear of being blown up or poisoned from bio weapons.... i can see it now... fields of 'ed209's ' destroying the landscape,
just a thought but i beleave its just a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's gonna happen. Probally just like you said, but I predict in the next 10 years!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
dam havnt you seen the movie irobot?!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It might happen, but think about it, what happens when all the robot soldiers are destroyed? Does the war end? I would say no, thats when the "conventional war" starts. You could make all the robots you want to but in the end it will still boil down to person on person.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If our world can last another thousand years without it being blown up by nuclear weapons or jesus, dont you think it makes sense that were gonna use robots to fight wars??

Interesting question. I'm not sure what to expect in the next 1,000 years. I would expect that there will be weapons developed that can't even be imagined at this point in time. There could be some sort of a hybrid clone super soldier army, expendable in every way, they get killed, you clone more. Wars may turn into more of a financial devastation tactic than weapon/soldier related takeover.

It's gonna happen. Probally just like you said, but I predict in the next 10 years!

Yep, I agree. I think it will be seen within our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the animatrix- the second renaissance 1&2 ???
theres a huge war going on and some the the robot sentinals are ripping through our weak flesh, if your gonna have a war.. use robots!! they dont need rest, they could have every type of optical sensor, machine gun arms!... id give up straight away if one!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Toyota will have a mech for you in 2009

check out this link..military possibilites maybe???

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Street Race anyone??
omg i cant imagine what the future will bring lol

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
the toyota i-unit !?! lmao

they look like idiots sat in that 'thing' it changes colors depending what your emotion is!? thats a bit bizzare

join