It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crude oil conspiracy theories could be right, study shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Gas lines during the 1973 oil Crisis, where gas went over a dollar.

In those days if one said anything about the Bilderberg group
they were shamed for being "politically naïve" and "everyone knows it's Carters' fault."

Which is funny, really, because President Carter was actually busy meeting
with Middle Eastern Countries to try and broker real peace. The first such
effort in the history of the U.S.

I don't know how he would have had the time.
To do all that, and engineer an energy crisis.

At this point, in the 70's I would have been called a "Carter lover" and dismissed out of hand.

But Carter started to make real progress.

Until the Iranian Hostage crisis totally derailed him.

wikipedia / Iranian Hostage Crisis 1979
Started November 4th, 1979

In modern parlance, any further attempt to discuss the Bilderberg group was considered "off topic", if not down right delusional, as obviously nobody was in control of the world. And people would go back to talking about "those damn rag heads."

One of Carters major Partners in brokering Middle East peace,
was assassinated at the end of Carters term in 1981.
wikipedia / Anwar Sadat
.. Sadat was killed by members of his own military.

By 1982 they had gas at three hundred and fifty percent, just missing their target of four hundred percent the original cost of 0.36 a gallon.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 28-1-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The painful thing back then was getting someone, anyone to admit that The Bilderberg Group even existed.

Now that people know that they do, the collective amnesia of the masses makes the Bilderbergs' previous machinations seem irrelevant.

This picture is the first time anyone had seen an Egyptian and an Israeli shake hands in the media. President Carter, hosting the event at Camp David, represents America. Optimistic, and genuinely interested in peace for all.

Almost forty years later... I ask you.
What do we have.
Do we have Peace in the Middle east OR do we only have expensive gas?

And don't tell me that it is cheaper now. Where is the refund for the decades of scalping. The restitution for all the destabilized countries. The reconciliation for all the assassinations.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 28-1-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I hate to be the bearer of reality but they got that backasswards.

Oil rich countries. OPEC countries are what created AQ, and ISIS, and every other two bit terrorist group out there.

They are the Middle East version's of 'Blackwater'.

Anytime OPEC wants to fatten their bank accounts.

Trouble arises.

LOL people for some odd reason forget the theocratic oligarch's of the ME, and their innate greed.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ya and someone keeps forgetting that giant oil companies from the west have massive interests in them, and just about everything else.

And someone keeps forgetting the OPEC has total solidarity with the military that works for them, and makes sure all of them collectively can continue with the innate greed.

Anytime ANYONE wants to fatten their bank accounts.

Trouble arises.

And the game continues, with no one actually at fault EVER getting caught or punished.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't know which is more scary - that they're just now figuring this out or they're finally admitting it.

Correction. It has always been known.. It's pretty much common sense. However, people need to be spoon fed by the media or 'reputable sources' that something is true - simply because lay people have been taught they are not allowed to arrive at their own conclusions without being wrong or make decisions for themselves.

People who want answers shall seek and find, those who do not will continue to only see one side of the picture - i.e. the news. The only other side they will see is rumour and hearsay, which is disregarded as conspiracy and therefore fearmongering.
edit on 29/1/2015 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AzureSky
They'd be right. Oil isn't the #1 driving factor.
Now add installing a central bank, gold/silver, any other minerals or resource that can be used. Opium for example.

This,the US gov is intent on world domination and its accelerated this process post 9/11 it sounds like something out of a comic book but the proof is in the pudding.

They create an uprising,funding terrorism,accuse the leader of human rights atrocities then they come in like captain america with the solution by setting up a puppet government.

Its why their is such a heavy propaganda campaign against places like north korea,the US occupied SK and for the past 50 years have tried to crush NK with sanctions and every other means possible except invasion,they wont play ball and so must be destroyed,same with iran,syria and formerly libya,egypt.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory? I just thought this was an obvious fact..

This story was also doing the rounds in 2010 US discovers $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan - June 14th 2010

Though for some strange reason I see it's 'new' news as of a few months ago... again...

$1 Trillion in Rare Minerals Found Under Afghanistan - September 5th 2014

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Can't say many of us didn't see it be for hand. If we're right and no longer the conspiracy nuts, what are they going to call us now?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oil rich countries. OPEC countries are what created AQ, and ISIS, and every other two bit terrorist group out there.

Trouble arises.

Very good point what does the Middle East have to sale? Only Oil as a major export and resource.

All the other major countries in the world have multiple sources of income- Oil, resources, food, manufacturing. The Middle East has only Oil.

LOL people for some odd reason forget the theocratic oligarch's of the ME, and their innate greed.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Trouble arises.

Very true. All of the other countries have multiple sources of income. Oil, resources, manufacturing and food to name a few. What does the Middle East have? Just Oil. No Manufacturing to speak of, no food export, no real tourist hot spots. (Ok they have used the money made off oil to build a couple tourist spots, but...)

Everyone looks at the US for who's getting rich. UMM but were are the richest people? The Middle East maybe?

And if oil is cheap who loses the most? Maybe the people that ONLY have the oil to sale?

Just thinking..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Life is simple, human's have made it more complicated than it is.

Life is about a struggle for resources. Nothing more, nothing less. To expect anything else is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thanks for the post, I'll pass it on to some pro-every-war acquaintances I sometimes have friendly debates with. Some people are actually completely unable to conjecture for themselves without some 'accredited' source telling them what is real and what is not.

It'd be interesting to see some stats on which countries invaded oil rich countries the most times.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Maybe now we can get the true story on 9/11.....If anyone for a second doesn't believe that was the motivation behind those attacks from within is just insane! Just put the pieces together based on this idea and the real truth behind 9/11 will come into play...Just look into Bush/CHENEY at the time, who they were affiliated with and what happened from there, see who got the bid for oil in the middle east once this attack happened and you will begin to see for yourself the real meaning behind it all....I have been saying it for years and nobody wanted to believe me, minus the few who saw the big picture!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hope this wasn't funded with a penny of taxpayer's money. That's like conducting a study to see if grass is actually green.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
Conspiracy theory? I just thought this was an obvious fact..

This story was also doing the rounds in 2010 US discovers $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan - June 14th 2010

So true. I remember hearing that, and that the future of Silicon Valley was dependent upon those lithium reserves.

Before that was (publicly) known, initially one of the main reasons for entering Afghanistan was that in 2001 opium poppies had all but been eradicated by the Taliban in a religious backlash towards the drug. At the time that was %70 of the entire world's heroin supply destroyed within that year. You can imagine the global impact of that for criminals (and their government protectors) was absolutely devastating, seeing as how that annual $1 billion of raw opium exported turns into hundreds of billions worth of processed heroin. Not to mention prison system profits, agency funding, etc. So they intervened and had opium production back up to its highest production ever by 2004 and close to double that in 2007. Afghanistan now supplies %92 of the world's raw opium. This chart of annual Afghan opium production from wikipedia says it all:

This chart just goes to 2010, in 2013 opium production in Afghanistan rose by a whopping %36, and it is now considered the very first true narco-state.

I hope I've made a case to anyone who doubted this theory when they first heard it. Not saying it was the sole reason for the invasion, but if you think about %70 of the world's heroin supply disappearing in a matter of months, you might start to wonder if it was. One could even concoct a believable hypothetical scenario about the powers that be scrambling to figure out a way to get in Afghanistan and turn the world's drug faucet back on ASAP. And, given the timeline, it wouldn't be that far fetched to postulate that them either letting 9/11 happen or helping cause it to happen, was that very effective way. No, not that far fetched at all really.

edit on 29-1-2015 by humanityrising because: jibblets

edit on 29-1-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by humanityrising because: pelvis presley

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

People also need to be aware.

The bigger US oil production has gotten, and fracking has gotten.

The bigger alternative energy has gotten.

There has been a corresponding rise in terrorism over the last 20 years.

Some like the blame the west.

But as you pointed out.

The ME only has 1 product for exportation. Oil.

And they also have 1 more: Terrorism.
edit on 29-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It doesn't take a study to know that every war that we've been a part of, let alone started, without a direct attack on our soil or citizens being the true reason, has ulterior motives. ANY war in the Middle East has to do with oil.

This is so far from a surprise that it's borderline boring information.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"It is a big idea, a new world order"
Oil isn't the main reason, it's a benefit/addon of pursuing the actual goal.

The Greater Israel project, that's the final goal. Like it or not,but it will happen and nothing can be done about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Actually as soon as I saw that THEY were in control of the sales of that oil for TERRORIST MONEY, is when we had to step in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join