It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah destroys Israeli tank after tensions increase

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Yep, He's right you know....
edit on 28-1-2015 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ken10

originally posted by: samsamm9

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
LOL did Israel not learn their lesson last time?, how many tanks did they loose then?, 50?, lol.

That must have really taken it's toll on their 1800+ MBT's...

Seeing how the IDF couldn't run back to Israel fast enough it did take it's toll on them.

Whatever floats your boat, buster. We should get you some pom poms. You can cheerlead hezbollah if war breaks out

Hell you could cheerlead anyone! As long as they are against Israel, right?

Cheerleading, popcorn and orgasms when witnessing death and destruction is an Israeli thing I'm afraid.

Yes, because arabs aren't known to chant "death to Israel" in the streets, or anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

just for the purposes of pissing on the " anti - isreal " wankfest :

any evidence of this allegedly destroyed tank ????

i only ask - because all that is offered is one jeep destroyed with two fatalities

but hey - why let mere facts get in the way

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lebanese Forces chief Samir Geagea -

“Today’s development indicates that Hezbollah is more and more expanding its regional schemes against the Lebanese state,” Geagea said.
“Hezbollah has no right to implicate the Lebanese people in a battle with Israel. There is a government and a parliament which can decide on that,”
Source

Former President Michel Sleiman -

“where is the interest of Lebanon if it gets sucked into a war with Israel, which is the one that wants war.”
Source

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You are only hurting your cause assuming a two-state solution is the Liberals goal.
I want the same goal, but I will not act like idiots to get a solution...you shot yourself.

[Quote]originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: daaskapital

just for the purposes of pissing on the " anti - isreal " wankfest :

any evidence of this allegedly destroyed tank ????

i only ask - because all that is offered is one jeep destroyed with two fatalities

but hey - why let mere facts get in the way

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Israel does not want war with Lebanon.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I agree 100%, but Bibi does need a military conflict if he wants to win the election.
The war never was against Lebanon, it is against Hezbollah which is not representing Lebanon - only Iran.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Link to back that opinion which you stated as fact?

Here's a link that destroys your biased opinion...

IDF chief threatens to 'knock Lebanon back 70 or 80 years'

In an interview published Friday, IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz addressed the prospect of a future war with Hezbollah by threatening to "take Lebanon and knock it back 70 or 80 years, in all areas."

Discussing how the next war would play out, Gantz also stated that it was possible the Israeli army would "need to capture Lebanese territory."

It's been a while since Israel has mowed the lawn in Lebanon.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: MaxMech

You are kidding.... right?
Remember 2006, where they invaded and, before turning tail after their ground offensive got stalled, they decided to send in the aircraft and bomb civilian targets and infrastructure well away from any of the fighting around the border. They routinely also fly their aircraft over Lebanon like they already own the place. Something that Lebanon has complained about in the UN many times, to no avail.

Israel covets Lebanese land and, more importantly, fresh water. They were building up armour on the Lebanese border several days ago so were definitely planning something. Let us also not forget that Israel fired the first shots and this is the backlash from their actions. Targeting UN sites is also another of their cowardly and predictable acts.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

LOL did Israel not learn their lesson last time?, how many tanks did they loose then?, 50?, lol.

Seeing how the IDF couldn't run back to Israel fast enough it did take it's toll on them.

Whatever floats your boat, buster. We should get you some pom poms. You can cheerlead hezbollah if war breaks out

No I'm just a firm supporter of karma and one of these days Israel is going to find out that karma is a real B####. If you go around attacking people that aren't attacking you then you should expect to get attacked.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Again, Israel does not want war with Lebanon (the nation). They have made it perfectly clear that they will defend themselves from Hezbollah and go on the offensive if need be. Israel's war isn't with the nation (and people) of Lebanon. It's with Hezbollah. They failed to get the job done last time, and have kept an uneasy cease fire ever since. I hope that these reports are false, or exaggerated, but Israel will not hesitate to go to war with Hezbollah again if they are attacked, nor should they.

Would you be ok with a foreign militant group that refuses to acknowledge your nations right to exist attacking your country without a military response?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

No I'm just a firm supporter of karma and one of these days Israel is going to find out that karma is a real B####. If you go around attacking people that aren't attacking you then you should expect to get attacked.

Really? So the Arab nations never attacked Israel?

Hamas never attacked Israel? Hezbollah has never attacked Israel? Israel is the sole aggressor in the entire region and always has been? I'll have whatever you're smoking.
edit on 28-1-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Let me ask you something, because I'd like to hear your opinion on it. What transpired during the 6-day war?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Again, Israel does not want war with Lebanon (the nation). They have made it perfectly clear that they will defend themselves from Hezbollah and go on the offensive if need be. Israel's war isn't with the nation (and people) of Lebanon. It's with Hezbollah. They failed to get the job done last time, and have kept an uneasy cease fire ever since. I hope that these reports are false, or exaggerated, but Israel will not hesitate to go to war with Hezbollah again if they are attacked, nor should they.

Would you be ok with a foreign militant group that refuses to acknowledge your nations right to exist attacking your country without a military response?

But Israel attacked first. This is a response to that unprovoked Israeli attack.
Hezbollah has not attacked Israel, it's the other way round. They just can't help themselves, attacking others all the time then screaming that they are the victims when someone shoots back.

Hezbollah defends the Lebanese territory and does not attack Israel, they are a defence militia.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yes, because arabs aren't known to chant "death to Israel" in the streets, or anything.

You mean like the way Israeli's does about Gaza?

And look it's the usual ex Israeli intelligence run translation propaganda service. MEMRI tv is well known for mistranslating so it will fit Israel's agenda even the American state dept has complained about them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Did you actually read the article?
He says:
"Hezbollah, through Iran, has a number of drones, including some with offensive capabilities."...
... "We are preparing for the next war, which I have spoken of on multiple occasions. It is a massive amount of rockets, drones, and in my speech at Bar-Ilan I described this scenario. I speak about this all the time, with the political echelon as well."...
..."If a war breaks out, it will be long and difficult." Only then he adds: “But there is also our side. We will take Lebanon and knock it back 70 or 80 years, in all areas"
Translation for the mentally challenged - In case Hezbollah decides to drag Israel into a war Lebanon will suffer.

Link to back that opinion which you stated as fact?

Links are good but common sense is better.
What prevented Israel from attacking Lebanon in the last couple of years?
What is there to gain by going to war against Lebanon?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321

Let me ask you something, because I'd like to hear your opinion on it. What transpired during the 6-day war?

The Israelis preemptively attacked Egypt due to solid intelligence (which is now a matter of history) that indicated egypt was building up both its rhetoric and its forces to attack Israel. After Israel decimated the Egyptian air force and pushed the egyptians back across the Sinai, Syria and Jordan attacked Israel, at which point it defended itself on 3 fronts, eventually resulting in territorial gains.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

But Israel attacked first. This is a response to that unprovoked Israeli attack.
Hezbollah has not attacked Israel, it's the other way round. They just can't help themselves, attacking others all the time then screaming that they are the victims when someone shoots back.

Hezbollah defends the Lebanese territory and does not attack Israel, they are a defence militia.

Unprovoked? So preventing terrorists who are plotting to attack your nation from doing so is considered an "unprovoked" attack?

I swear, you guys must think Israel's neighbors float around on clouds, sing hymns all day, and sh*t rainbows. It's like they can do no wrong. AMAZING.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Really? So the Arab nations never attacked Israel?

Hamas never attacked Israel? Hezbollah has never attacked Israel? Israel is the sole aggressor in the entire region and always has been? I'll have whatever you're smoking.

You really are ignorant when it comes to history aren't you? 99% of the time Israel is the one that starts the wars. In 48 they started it with the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people. In 67 they started it with the bombing of the Egyptian airfields. The Yom Kipper war Egypt started that one. And since that war Israel has been constantly attacking Palestine with it's hostile occupation of land and turning Gaza into a open air prison and their occupation of the West Bank. So yes most of the time Israel is the sole aggressor in the ME. Stop listening to the Zionist propaganda and start looking at facts.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321

The Israelis preemptively attacked Egypt due to solid intelligence (which is now a matter of history) that indicated egypt was building up both its rhetoric and its forces to attack Israel. After Israel decimated the Egyptian air force and pushed the egyptians back across the Sinai, Syria and Jordan attacked Israel, at which point it defended itself on 3 fronts, eventually resulting in territorial gains.

So.. Israel didn't attack Egypt because it was the opportune time? Israel didn't attack Egypt because Egypt was at least a year and a half away from having any significant ability to fight Israel? Israel didn't use the 6-day war as a means to take even MORE land away from Palestinians?

I'm just trying to gauge how much of an "Israel was / is defending itself" stance I'm going to have to expect.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join