It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you choose and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wallace is a bit overdone don't you think? Braveheart, etc. kind of overexposed... If not Alexander, Hannibal is an excellent choice.

I agree maybe in some aspects, but Braveheart for the most part , from what I've heard and from what little I've read, wasn't a very accurate depiction of Wallace. And overexposed or not, I feel that for his actions he still deserves recognition. Plus you can kind of say the same for Alexander, there is a movie based on him now too.

btw nice artwork Gazrok

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Also .... for the whole bi/gay thing. That was an accepted way of life back then. Nowadays you are either straight or gay, with a less respected view on homosexuals. Back then nobody thought of dividing it into straight or gay. It wasn't uncommon for a man to take on a male lover.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Cleopatra. You have to ask why?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
hmmmm 300 bc id say jesus
im sure u got lots of sources for that

this is not based on any religous believes but that out of any person in history i would think he is the most well known etc...

[edit on 19-12-2004 by eyesofthetruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In most (historical) depictions, Cleopatra actually wasn't very attractive... She was however (by most accounts) extremely charismatic and knew how to push people's buttons...

Plus you can kind of say the same for Alexander, there is a movie based on him now too.

True, but the movie's kind of tanking, hehe.... Good luck with Wallace though...

Hannibal's still an excellent choice, so if you've got a bud in class who needs a hand...give him that suggestion....

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'd tend to pick Scipio Africanus over Hannibal Barca. If you're going to pick a player in the Punic Wars, why not the victor rather than the vanquished?

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not your time line but;

Christ Jesus

John Moses Browning

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Alexander the great because he was a great leader, militant mind and conqeurer, I'd also choose him because he was of the few leaders that was openly gay, that I know of.
I'd also choose Buddha because of his accomplishments, compassion towards all, enlightenment.

I second (or third, etc) the suggestions for Alexander, Ghenghis Khan, et. al.

As for the Buddha, he came before 300 AD. It's a shame because he really was a fascinating person. As an alternative, how about Milarepa (1052-1135) ? Dearest to my heart, abandon your old concepts - realize your encompassing emptiness and dissolve all duality.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would say St. Francis of Assisi.
He emulated Jesus in all aspects of his life.
He is the first saint who received the stigmata.

See:

www.catholic-forum.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Lil overdue , but thank you everyone for you input and suggestions!

I now have many different figures I can research and look into

The assignment's not due until the end of January so I have some time to carefully choose who I will do it on.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by zensunni]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
my self is being a great fan of alexander the great seeing as my ame is alexander but he was a mass conquoer i mean he drew up the plans with alexandra in eygpt him self quiet inspiring figure he is

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Cleopatra.
She showed the world that there was more than one way to win a war

[edit on 6-1-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i have alot of favorite people in history. if you want to know some more just send me a U2U. ill tell you why i like Dwight D. Eisenhower. Eisenhower i think is one of the most important people in history. i think this because he was a superb general in WW2, and he led (if im not mistaken) one of the biggest invasions ever. to do that really takes some nuts, you have tens of thousands of men, possibly hundreds of thousands, hundreds of ships, and thousands of planes. if that invasion goes wrong, or you dont succeed in the invasion, you have caused thousands of young men to die. how would you feel doing something like that? it must have been a very difficult decision on what time and date to go on, what type of aircraft and ships youll need, and where to hit. doing something on such an epic scale requires a man of great power and knowledge. if you have any more questions on Eisenhower or any of my other favorites, just let me know, and good luck on your report.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'd chose Alfred the Great, as he was able to lead the only surviving English Kingdom to victory against the Vikings when all the land he had left was an eight mile strip of coast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join