It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intention/Prayer thread to make the world a better place

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Intention is even more powerful when two or more are gathered in prayer/intention of compassion. In this thread we are joined through positive intention for the highest good.

What do you pray/intend to make the world a better place?

I wish for people to ask deeper questions in life in order to come to the realization that the metaphysical reality of Spirit/Energy is Real. What do you pray for intend?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

AUSTRALIANS Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan are among the death row prisoners Indonesia plans to execute next

Although they were trying to smuggle death into Australia the death penalty is wrong .

"We are still finding the right time for the next executions of citizens of France, Ghana, Cordova, Brazil, The Philippines, Australia and one Indonesian,"

I did not know there was a wrong time .

If everyone feels the need to pray this might be a good starting point .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I pray that people turn from their desire to kill and instead open their hearts to compassion for others so the world will be a better place.

Let's keep spreading the positive energy.
Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sorry praying never helps anyone.
Get off your arse and actually do something if you really care.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Get off your arse and actually do something if you really care.

If you were replying to me , i am afraid nothing will save these 2 men . Karma

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Don't worry. In this world negativity will always try to crush people's hope. Just ignore it and keep your hope that things in the world will get better. They want you to lose hope for a reason.

These three remain: Hope, Faith, and Love and Love is the greatest.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I agree

And seek, trust and obey our Heavenly Father.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
One must pray, and let yourself go to the Almighty. However one should always be active. The success or failure of its projects is out of his hands.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Typical humans , you think some mystifying force is going to save these people? we always want someone/something to bail us out , God,aliens etc etc

Its a convenient way of absolving yourself from the true horrors of reality.
Do something or you may as well start praying to unicorns, leprechauns and the flying spaghetti monster.

I'm all for positive thinking but chanting to imaginary beings is gonna do squat.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
"Two hands working are worth more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Intention is even more powerful when two or more are gathered in prayer/intention of compassion. In this thread we are joined through positive intention for the highest good.

What do you pray/intend to make the world a better place?

I wish for people to ask deeper questions in life in order to come to the realization that the metaphysical reality of Spirit/Energy is Real. What do you pray for intend?

Willing or intention as you put it is not enough one must do,

Knowing is not enough one must apply.

Or something there abouts.

I pray and intend that more people stop talking and start acting

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

In this world negativity will always try to crush people's hope.

Just a question, are you insinuating what bonemonkey said as being negative?

Just ignore it and keep your hope that things in the world will get better.

Ignoring somethings creates ignorance, accepting and acting fights the ignorance of that what is ignored.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Enock47

However one should always be active.

applying ones beliefs or knowledge is what makes the world go round so to speak, its just that too many apply their greed and hatred to form this version of the matrix we are experiencing.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
"Two hands working are worth more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer."

It seems most do (in this thread, 4 posters and myself saying to act and apply does more than hope and prayer on its own) understand the ways of things,

I wish more do in real life with positive and intelligent intentions.

Many positive intentions create negativity so one must try seeing a bigger picture and understand how action will cause a reaction and then make their move.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Gods you people are assholes. OP can't even make a thread asking for prayer without having to fend off a bunch of holier than thou tripe? Freaking ridiculous! I'm not a "religious" person at all but this is just sad.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Are they wrong?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Gods you people are assholes. OP can't even make a thread asking for prayer without having to fend off a bunch of holier than thou tripe? Freaking ridiculous! I'm not a "religious" person at all but this is just sad.

I would say I am a religious person, I just dip into every flavor I can find.

If opinions are sad to you why read a site full of them, why give yours?

What is wrong with prayer and intention if one doesn't believe what they pray and intend for?
action shows beliefs in ones wishes, simple hopes bring nothing but name calling posts like yours. Nothing really wrong with prayer and intention however as most have said to act upon those prayers has much more power than the power of prayer alone. I guess its those that simply pray have their prayers answered but others that do the same but also act, so pray away if you believe that is all that required to be one of Gods special children.

I hope and pray idiots stop calling others a** holes for their on topic opinion on a faceless site but hey its a coward way to speak strong words but hide behind their screen just as its cowardly to not follow your beliefs.

see what I did here, I am a hypocrite and know what being a coward is all at the same time how liberating it is to act and actually make a change in what one hopes and prays for.

but this is just sad.

Yes it really is sad what some people say and do.

Bravo to you

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Maybe if you do not like the replies it should be posted on a site geared towards religious beliefs and not a site were the members have a massive diversity in opinion ?

I for one will not call you an Asshole for your opinion, i wonder why you did when we expressed ours?

Poor form

Q

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I intend and take action (prayer/meditation/contemplation as well as behavoir) to improve my patience and tolerance of others, my willingness to let go of judgement and self-centeredness and expand my compassion and wisdom. There are simple tools to help in these areas.

I don't think it's truly proper to intend that other people or groups change.

The cliche, "Be the Change You want to See in the World", still holds.

edit on 28-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the efforts and work are an extra, the first and most important platform is the metaphysics, faith, hope and love, is the intentions prayers and meditations.

Its not action that is required, the universe is very very tired of martyrs. Its ground swell, awareness, people envisioning and yearning for something different and Good, and not allowing the movies and media to color up the pages of the coloring book.

As for normal efforts ie, in family or around or being inspired to do a specific thing for awareness, ie a book , a video an organization, this is good. For those that are positioned, healthy, unencumbered, good. They are chosen, and pushed out. Nothing like that is expected of the majority who are sort of either under funded as far as resources go, unhealthy, encumbered with children and family and responsibility for their well being which comes naturally before any other thing, and slave grind.

The most important part of this is that our consciousness and soul is participating in rendering and creating whats around us, so the actual prayers, meditations and putting away negative thoughts and fears and working at raising your mood, your frequency and choosing, using self will to choose what to think and feel is very important.

And I've had many prayers answered, and even quickly. So, thats not true. And I'm not a fundamental religious person, spiritual, free form positive gnosis, new and old philosophies and spiritual combined, my own experiences, Christ Consciousness and yet real providence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join