It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Bill to Defund Taxpayer Money for Abortion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally postan by: intrepid
a reply to: therationalist

Facts. Not strawman. But whatever helps one to sleep at night I guess.

What you provided was an opinion maybe a widely held one but not a fact.......

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: therationalist

originally postan by: intrepid
a reply to: therationalist

Facts. Not strawman. But whatever helps one to sleep at night I guess.

What you provided was an opinion maybe a widely held one but not a fact.......

Fact.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dr. Anthony Levatino, an obstetrician who performed more than 1,200 abortions before a moral awakening led him to stop performing them, testified about the inherent brutality of the late-term abortion procedure he used to perform.

www.lifenews.com...

Scientists Speak before the Senate: Human Life Begins at Conception
clinicquotes.com...

Scientists Speak before the Senate: Human Life Begins at Conception
Posted on September 10, 2012 by Tech
In 1981 (April 23-24) a Senate Judiciary Subcommittee held hearings on the very question before us here: When does human life begin? Appearing to speak on behalf of the scientific community was a group of internationally-known geneticists and biologists who had the same story to tell, namely, that human life begins at conception – and they told their story with a complete absence of opposing testimony. (Subcommittee on Separation of Powers to Senate Judiciary Committee S-158, Report, 97th Congress, 1st Session, 1981):

*** Dr. Micheline M. Mathews-Roth, Harvard medical School, gave confirming testimony, supported by references from over 20 embryology and other medical textbooks that human life began at conception.

“It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive…It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.”

***”Father of Modern Genetics” Dr. Jerome Lejeune told the lawmakers:

“To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion…it is plain experimental evidence. Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.”

*** Dr. McCarthy de Mere, medical doctor and law professor, University of Tennessee, testified:

“The exact moment of the beginning of personhood and of the human body is at the moment of conception.”

*** Dr. Alfred Bongiovanni, Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, concluded,

“I am no more prepared to say that these early stages represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty … is not a human being….I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.”

***Dr. Richard V. Jaynes:

“To say that the beginning of human life cannot be determined scientifically is utterly ridiculous.”

***Dr. Landrum Shettles, sometimes called the “Father of In Vitro Fertilization” notes

“Conception confers life and makes that life one of a kind.”

And on the Supreme Court ruling Roe v. Wade,

“To deny a truth [about when life begins] should not be made a basis for legalizing abortion.”

*** Professor Eugene Diamond:

“…either the justices were fed a backwoods biology or they were pretending ignorance about a scientific certainty.”

***Gordon, Hymie, M.D., F.R.C.P., Chairman of Medical Genetics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester:

“By all criteria of modern molecular biology,life is present from the moment of conception…Science has a very simple conception of man; as soon as he has been conceived, a man is a man.”

** C. Christopher Hook, M.D. Oncologist, Mayo Clinic, Director of Ethics Education, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine:

“When fertilization is complete, a unique genetic human entity exists.

“…either the justices were fed a backwoods biology or they were pretending ignorance about a scientific certainty.”

edit on 023131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is a sad thing to hear from someone.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Oh, I see after reading that. This is about stopping the private insurers from paying for abortions.

If the "private insurance" is funded via tax dollars, then yes.

originally posted by: MOMof3
Do I need to respond to your personal insults or do you satisfy yourself?

Well, responding by actually answering the questions would be nice, but with you..not expected.

As for satisfying myself?? My masturbatory habits really aren't what we are discussing.
I keep wondering. Are you hitting on me?

I basically go through here on this site, with questions to you as rhetorical in nature.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

That is a sad thing to hear from someone.

Why? It is just religious nonsense. I thought you knew that I was an agnostic? I don't let non-confirmed things enter into my debates, because I don't know if they exist.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: therationalist
a reply to: Annee
Then those women should be forcibly sterilized as a punishment for their irresponsibility....... It will surely result in huge savings for the taxpayers and will improve the genetic pool....

An abortion is an outpatient procedure. Sterilization is surgery. You want to spend MORE just so it's not an abortion? That logic fails.

How about this.

All boy babies get vasectomies at birth. Much simpler. Easiest to reverse.

I vote my tax dollars to pay for it.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Oh, you thought I was referring to your sexual appetite.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
a reply to: xuenchen

An embryo is a human, it is simple biology.

No, no its not. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I knew that. I too was agnostic for a very long time.

But, still recognized that we have a soul.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You really need to stop hitting on me like this.

You.....me.....it just won't work out.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

good if you want - kill your baby you pay for it yourself
i dont think its right life is beautiful but your choice i guess
mabey if you got to pay cash to get an abortion you will keep your legs closed
and not get knocked up or at least take birth control.
and if everytime you get pregnant you can just go get free abortion or covered in medicare than whats to stop ya
from just getting knocked up all the time .
heres an idea raise ans take care of your kids put some morals and values into them and see that its not so easy then mabey you will get some morals and values too and then again keep your legs closed

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

omg how about we just snip you womens tubes at birth ....or better yet mutalate the clitoris so sex dont feel good and then you wont want to have it
see see how it sounds when the tables are turned it sounds like radical islam .
Cut the baby boys testicals what a sicko

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

omg how about we just snip you womens tubes at birth ....or better yet mutalate the clitoris so sex dont feel good and then you wont want to have it
see see how it sounds when the tables are turned it sounds like radical islam .
Cut the baby boys testicals what a sicko

OMG - the thought of making men responsible.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Then you weren't really agnostic. Agnosticism requires you to question everything then look at the evidence for the most likely answers. It also requires you to NEVER assume something is a given (like a soul), even if overwhelming evidence is in its favor (like say, evolution). Why you would leave such a belief is odd, since it is the most liberating one you can have. You are never disappointed if something turns out to be wrong or incorrect since you never invest too heavily into any given concept.

You sound like you were more an agnostic theist. Which means you were a theist with some agnostic beliefs (since agnostic in this case is being used as an adjective).
edit on 29-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a question for EVERYONE!!!

Let's say you are the sole breadwinner of a family of four. There's you, your wife, your 16 year old daughter, and your 10 year old son. You don't make that much but you always scap by somehow. You employer has chosen to provide a plan that does include abortion coverage and it is really a pretty good deal!!

So what do you do???
Do you take the good deal which is really quite affordable to you?
Do you complain to the employer that you just can't provide abortion coverage to your daughter and wife and retain your morality?
If he doesn't comply with your wishes do you look elsewhere for you insurance?
If you find that there is none affordable do you go to the federal exchange?
Find out that you are financially eligible??

But then find out that because your company is offering you insurance at a rate you can afford you are not eligible for the subsidy???

By what I read in the link that I had so badly missed before, I get the impression that it's basically the same argument that has been used against Planned Parenthood for years!! That other revenue is to be used for this one certain thing while the tax money goes to things that are found to be less offensive. Only we are now talking about ObamaCare and well seeing that nothing has worked right as of now it would be very difficult to prove that anything that may have been done wrong wasn't done because of simple confusion!

And meanwhile they are still stopping on your parental rights in this area and ain't no one saying much of anything about that!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Just like explaining the 2nd Amendment to the morons at MDA, you just won't get it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Of course I don't get it. There is no evidence for a soul. Therefore I don't care about the "soul" debate when talking about abortion. It is irrelevant. Prove to me a soul exists and I may incorporate it into my debates. Until then, it is a distraction worrying about something that may not exist in regards to a decision made by an expectant mother.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You have very much intrigued me on this. But. lets not derail this.

Let me know where to take this back up and I am there.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join