It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet Motion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We as beings of the Earth have a certain perspective of the motion of our planet since we are a part of it and are bound to it. It flows at a specific, steady rate for us. The Earth travels at a specific speed around the sun, and rotates at a specific rate as well.

But...

What if the speed of Earth's orbit and rotation is completely relative? What if to a higher dimensional being or a being not bound by time or to the Earth, the speed of Earth's orbit is say... 100 or even 1,000 times faster (or slower) than it is for us? What if the sun's orbit around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is so fast from a different perspective, that it would appear as if it was an electron traveling around a nucleus at a tremendous rate? What if stars form, then galaxies form, evolve, and die out only to get recycled into another Big Bang in which stars form, then galaxies form, evolve, and die out only to... and so on and so on and so on... at such a rate (from a different perspective) that an entire universe can run it's course as quick as an eagle?... Only to have a whole other universe waiting in the wings?...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic

Such a brilliant and thought evoking post.

I'm going to think about this one for a while and hopefully return with something to add.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nurelic

What if the speed of Earth's orbit and rotation is completely relative? What if to a higher dimensional being or a being not bound by time or to the Earth, the speed of Earth's orbit is say... 100 or even 1,000 times faster (or slower) than it is for us? What if the sun's orbit around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is so fast from a different perspective, that it would appear as if it was an electron traveling around a nucleus at a tremendous rate?

In a fractal, the largest structures are identical to the smallest.

Yes, we're all living on a sub-atomic particle.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This reminds me of a thread I read a while back, it was about a photo of the shadow of an atom taken with an electron microscope and an image of our galaxy overlaid. The similarity was striking really and just took my breath away!

top topics

join