It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugged Out And The Asian Influence:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Jin is in no way gangsta. Jin is one of the most brilliant battle rappers that ever lived.

Jin is Hip Hop pure and simple.
edit on 27-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx
I just don't get it. How much can we really say about gangster Asians?
What's the point? Just to make us aware that they exist?

And they have a cultural influence in that subculture but is largely unknown to the general public, I wasn't being judgmental at all about the Asians ,just that I have seen of late more and more their expression in fashion and music in terms of Thug culture,
a thing that was rare in the past.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

Jin is in no way gangsta. Jin is one of the most brilliant battle rappers that ever lived.

Jin is Hip Hop pure and simple.

Yeah that's why I said not all in this write-up is thug,matter of fact China Mac went to prison for attempted shooting of his friend,China Mac he is Thug.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I read that OP twice, and still don't know what the point of this thread is.

Is the point being made that there are some Asian people that are involved in gang life? So? Why are you singling out Asians? I realize you spoke on other races, but given the title of the thread I'm thinking this is suppose to be about Asians in gangs, or those Asians that adopt "thug life" lifestyles. Seriously, what are you trying to say?

I'm guessing English is a second language OP. Put a space after your commas and the word following.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you dont want the thread to be seen as racist change the narrative, to gansters come from all races. Not the thugged out asian influence of your op.

Then describe what you mean by gansters come from all races. . .

Thats if this isnt about race, then change the OP period.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So if someone made a thread about for instance a Chinese gang in America, they'd be seen as racist because the gang would be described as Chinese or Asian? I don't see how that works.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I read that OP twice, and still don't know what the point of this thread is.

Is the point being made that there are some Asian people that are involved in gang life? So? Why are you singling out Asians? I realize you spoke on other races, but given the title of the thread I'm thinking this is suppose to be about Asians in gangs, or those Asians that adopt "thug life" lifestyles. Seriously, what are you trying to say?

I'm guessing English is a second language OP. Put a space after your commas and the word following.

Asians that adopt Thug lifestyle and in tern influencing it,yes there are Asian gangs,I am saying that we knew that AAs thug life exist,Hispanics,white,but Asians were rare until recently.

Ok people you do know that Thugged Out Fashion is a thing within hiphop right? that is separated from main stream hiphop with it's own values, let me repeat it was rare to see Thugged out Asian gangsta rappers not Asian gangs.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Thugged Out And The Asian Influence:

The title is expressing the view that there is a growing Asian influence in Thugged Life style aka Gangsta rap that wasn't there before.

If I made a thread called the growing influence of AAs in Country N Western would that be seen as race baiting..come on man.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Asians that adopt Thug lifestyle and in tern influencing it,yes there were are Asian gangs,I am saying that we knew that AAs thug life exist,Hispanics,white,but Asians were rare until recently.

I think most people have always known that Asian gangs exist in the US. They don't get a lot of press because they aren't as openly violent as hispanic or black gangs.

Ok people you do know that Thugged Out Fashion is a thing within hiphop right? that is separated from main stream hiphop with it's own values, let me repeat it was rare to see Thugged out Asian gangsta rappers not Asian gangs.

Ok so I read that first part wrong apparently. Are you trying to say that Asians are increasingly adopting a lifestyle that is generally seen more among black and hispanic gangs?

I want to understand your point, but there seems to be a language barrier.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yess thank God you got It..sigh!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You just have to hold my hand.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You just have to hold my hand.

No problem Domo--Arigato.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Lo Mo

All though negative and harsh in the lyrics, there seemed to be a democratizing or
social cohesion taking place in the underground.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

What is so race baiting about it?

Second line.

Umm..., He is saying that the thug culture also exists in other cultures and races. I for one rarely see Asians engaged in this type of lifestyle but now it has come to more of my attention.

edit: oops I quoted the wrong person. Was mean't for the guy saying this was a baiting thread.

ID
edit on 28-1-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that the majority of us know that there are good people and bad people in this world. Skin color, race, cultural background doesn't matter. There are thugs in $1500 suits in this world, as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Lo Mo

All though negative and harsh in the lyrics, there seemed to be a democratizing or
social cohesion taking place in the underground.

This is the first time i heard China Mac.

I must say that kid can flow.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
But it seems like you have never heard of the Triads or the Yakuza.

You are getting hip hop culture confused
with violence.

Sure hip hop can be violent, but this is not about hip hop. Gangs exist to make money.

edit on 28-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I thought it was going to be about Thuggis who were adherants of the Godess kali and how it connected to some asian gangs, as religion, but i guess i'm completly off base! lol

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And they have a cultural influence in that subculture but is largely unknown to the general public, I wasn't being judgmental at all about the Asians ,just that I have seen of late more and more their expression in fashion and music in terms of Thug culture,

So the Asians are beginning to affect the norm of gang behavior?

The Asians might become the New Mafia?

The old Mafia got most of its power from Prohibition. A new Asian mafia would have the power of numbers.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

So the Asians are beginning to affect the norm of gang behavior?

The Asians might become the New Mafia?

The old Mafia got most of its power from Prohibition. A new Asian mafia would have the power of numbers.

It is not so much that they will become the new Mafia,but their cultural expression have changed they are more vocal and in your face using thug culture like their black, latino and white counter parts,these are new school and a brake from the past where everything was hush hush,this in my view have social ramifications.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join