It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tight-Lipped Lynch Steals The Show Media Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Lynch famous for being fined $50,000 for not talking to the press, stole the show Media Day

Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch, the self-described quiet man of the NFL, stole the show at Super Bowl Media Day on Tuesday, but his act got mixed reviews.

The famously reticent Lynch, fined $50,000 already this season for failing to meet the media obligations imposed by the league, paid lip service to those requirements with a brief and unilluminating appearance in a bid to avert further sanctions.

"When does my time start? Oh, it's started," he said. "Well, let me say, I'm just here so I won't get fined."

With his eyes masked by sunglasses and a relaxed smile on his face, Lynch repeated the phrase in answer to every question posed: "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

ESPN had reported that Lynch would have been subject to a $500,000 fine from the NFL had he not attended Media Day -- a Super Bowl week institution that now includes an audience of paying fans.

Some critics were already suggesting he should be fined anyway, but his Seahawks teammates backed him.

He seems to be a very shy person off the field. If that is the case, BIG if, I have no issue with this. There are plenty of teammates who are willing to speak to the press, I don't see why we have to force each and every single one to do it. But that's just me. Some people are just that way. Personally, I say leave the man be.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
it is funny though even the police give you the right to remain silent

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Personally, I say leave the man be.

Totally agree. There are certain situations that make me extremely uncomfortable and I would be furious if I were required to participate. It's not like he's a teacher that refuses to speak in front of people. He's an athlete and entertainer, and the NFL should go f itself. Who cares what players have to say that much? It's not hurting the brand at all if none of them ever spoke to the media. They don't ever say anything worthwhile anyway.

I like my team. I think we have a good team. This is a great team. We have faith in our ability to win. Durr dur, durr.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The man is a professional ball player... Not a motivational speaker, or an orator extraordinaire... He shouldn't have to speak if he doesn't want to.

I know it's a rule he signed up for, but geez... Really? It's a bit of a stupid rule IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He made it through an interview with Skittles.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
He made it through an interview with Skittles.

Maybe he doesn't like being forced so this is his way of sticking it to the NFL? Then again, maybe he did the Skittles interview because he was paid enough money to pay his fine from the NFL?

edit on 1/28/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

According to my folks who are massive Seahawks fans he just doesn't like doing interviews. But he is also a huge fan of Skittles. Maybe took the silly Skittles one more seriously because it was relaxed and goofy. Idk.

top topics

join