It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patricia Todd, Gay Lawmaker, Threatens to expose adulterous colleagues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Patricia Todd(D) threatens to expose affairs of some of her Republican colleagues due to their opposition of same-sex marriages.

“I will not stand by and allow legislators to talk about ‘family values’ when they have affairs, and I know of many who are and have. I will call our elected officials who want to hide in the closet OUT,” state Rep. Patricia Todd said without naming who she planned to expose, AL.com reported.

Her comments followed Republican criticism last week of a federal court ruling that overturned Alabama’s same-sex marriage ban. Ms. Todd took particular issue with State House Speaker Mike Hubbard, a Republican who called the ruling “outrageous,” and Attorney General Luther Strange’s efforts to get a two-week stay on the judge’s order.

More mud slinging, and here I thought the election was over. Oh how wrong I was..... It's obvious these two groups will NEVER learn to get along. Is it too late to kick them both out, write up new rules for ruling, and start completely fresh? Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. Oh well, get ready for some names then....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You know what happens to rats right?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What an idiot, did she just say she was going to blackmail people who don't agree with her? Keep running your mouth dummy.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think its fair enough.

If they had of objected on the grounds of tax breaks that are in place for married couples due to the expectation of children being in the picture or inheritance laws or something along those lines and then she made the threat then it would be out of order.
To oppose it on the grounds of family values while being an adulterous p.o.s is hypocrisy of the highest order and should be exposed when coming from politicians.
Politicians get away with the whole "do as I say not as I do" thing to much

I fully support what this dyke is doing

P.s I dont see this as blackmail, I think shes giving people a fair chance to rethink their actions and words, OK maybe its borderline blackmail but f**K*em.
edit on 27/1/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Why do they always have to announce that they're gonna announce something. Just freaking get on with it!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sounded like she also said she was gonna drag a couple of them "out of the closet"...

I mean, I've never heard that in reference to anything but hidden homosexuality.

Them Republicans are backwards as well...
"Outrageous" that two men in love can marry...?

Get over yourself you ultra right wing freaks!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
yeah I laughed when I first saw this story. making threats like that is not a good idea if your the only politician there and you have no back up.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Patricia Todd(D) threatens to expose affairs of some of her Republican colleagues due to their opposition of same-sex marriages.

“I will not stand by and allow legislators to talk about ‘family values’ when they have affairs, and I know of many who are and have. I will call our elected officials who want to hide in the closet OUT,” state Rep. Patricia Todd said without naming who she planned to expose, AL.com reported.

Her comments followed Republican criticism last week of a federal court ruling that overturned Alabama’s same-sex marriage ban. Ms. Todd took particular issue with State House Speaker Mike Hubbard, a Republican who called the ruling “outrageous,” and Attorney General Luther Strange’s efforts to get a two-week stay on the judge’s order.

More mud slinging, and here I thought the election was over. Oh how wrong I was..... It's obvious these two groups will NEVER learn to get along. Is it too late to kick them both out, write up new rules for ruling, and start completely fresh? Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. Oh well, get ready for some names then....

Seems like pretty standard procedure. Make up laws and pass laws via extortion. After all, laws are just legalized extortion created by people (government) with a vested interest in the outcomes. Oh wait, that's a conflict of interest, would they do that ? LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how this plays out (or if it quietly goes away...)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
and why is she shocked that in Alabama republicans are opposed to same sex marriaged. isnt it expected that there going to be against it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The tabloids are foaming at the mouth.

Can't wait for all the stories and denials.

Enquirering minds need to know !!!

Ms. Todd must be lobbying for a Cabinet position under a Hillary Administration !!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Agree with me or I'm telling on you is blackmail plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I didnt get that from what she said.

You wanna object to something based on family morals make sure you have some first. You go round talking BS to get votes then your BS should be exposed as far as Im concerned

Reminds of politicians who call for mandatory drug testing, I wonder if they would be willing to take them themselves?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Last I checked being a hypocrite is legal blackmail and extortion on the other hand not so.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Perhaps it's more of 'keep claiming superiour moral ground and I will let everyone know you are an adulterer'.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think this is definitely going to fall into that borderline of blackmail and extortion. I mean, let's be honest, no Democrat has ever cheated on his family and espoused family values? Are we then going to have Republicans start publishing their names? This would SERIOUSLY start getting muddy if that were the case.

A little "Tell on us, we'll tell on your friends! Neener, neener, neener!"

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The hypocrisy is she believes in freedom but wants to limit the same freedoms she enjoys.

Democrats often do that.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Sounded like she also said she was gonna drag a couple of them "out of the closet"...

I mean, I've never heard that in reference to anything but hidden homosexuality.

Them Republicans are backwards as well...
"Outrageous" that two men in love can marry...?

Get over yourself you ultra right wing freaks!

That's one thing I DO NOT believe in. Especially with her being gay, she should respect this choice if that is the case. If someone is in the closet, there's a reason for it. She might have been once. She should sympathize with that IF she is planning on exposing someone in the closet. If someone is in the closet, big if, leave them be. It's up to them, and only them to come out, when THEY are ready, not when YOU are ready to expose them. You don't know the consequences of your actions.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You said the word "You" a few times in that post...

Who are you referring to when you say that?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Last I checked being a hypocrite is legal blackmail and extortion on the other hand not so.

Theres things that are legal and then theres things that are right.
whats legal changes from country to country, state to state and in some cases town to town, right is right no matter where you are

personally Ill take right anyday

top topics

<<   2 >>

join