It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's Face Blurred By Saudi State TV For Not Wearing A Head Scarf

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme

No, Saudi TV Didn't Blur Out Michelle Obama's Face When the President Met King Salman

Apparently it was the Youtube uploader who took it upon themsleves to do the blurring.

I went by what the article said. I wasn't aware. If that is the case, then I truly apologize. I have no problem admitting where I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Michelle Obama's Face Blurred By Saudi State TV For Not Wearing A Head Scarf

So its thier country, why should I care what they do its their law. If they don't want to see her face its their call. The western media blur and cover faces a lot, don't hear any outrage about that.

Edit

Never mind just read it was a youtuber but my point of view is still the same.
edit on 28-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Three pages and no one posted the image??

Here...

Korg.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

In fact, any slap in the face to the tyrannical elite of Saudi Arabia is deserved.

You really mean the tyrannical Saudis who keep the tyrannical US afloat through the use of the $US petrodollar

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

If Saudi cannot accept our differences and goes to these extremes then they can all go and crawl back into their caves and chant little ditties.

But, but how will the oil come out of the ground to fuel the rest of the worlds economies?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
She must not have thought it important enough. Although she has in the past for other occasions:

edit on 28-1-2015 by StoutBroux because: ETA one that didn't get selected at first

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
She must not have thought it important enough. Although she has in the past for other occasions:

Taking this into account, it may mean more about the Saudis than about religion.

At any rate, good for her.
I may not care for her attitude, politics and school lunch decisions most of the time, but good for her!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Except that Obama thought it important enough to attend that he cut his India trip short. Regardless, she was dissed for not respecting the culture. Evidently, her position didn't matter in that circumstance.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Except that Obama thought it important enough to attend that he cut his India trip short. Regardless, she was dissed for not respecting the culture. Evidently, her position didn't matter in that circumstance.

Yes, Obama gets no kudos from me on this. I wouldn't be surprised to see a photo of him kissing the new Saudi king's feet.
It is a shame that they went there in the first place, but since they did anyway, at least she dissed them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thank you. So other occasions are ok. Apparently she was in a bad mood for this one. Who knew. Now can everyone stop jumping and losing their minds?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
Three pages and no one posted the image??

Three pages and no one read the article (it says it's been disputed) or thought to look further than the title?

Michelle Obama's Face NOT Blurred

Another Source

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Michelle Obama refused to wear a head scarf when she was in Saudi Arabia, so they blurred her face on TV and the new King refused to ackowledge her presense.

First lady Michelle Obama’s face was reportedly blurred by Saudi state television Tuesday as she and the president met with new Saudi King Salman in Riyadh.

The new Saudi king shook hands with President Obama at the Erga Palace but did not acknowledge the first lady at all during a brief aside at the funeral for King Abdullah, Bloomberg View reported.

Mrs. Obama did not wear a head scarf during the funeral, as is custom for any woman appearing in public in Saudi Arabia. Visitors to the kingdom are not required to abide by its strict dress code, but the first lady was still criticized on social media by Saudis using the hashtags #Michelle_Obama_Immodest and #Michelle_Obama_NotVeiled, Politico reported.

Other news organizations, such as Al Jazeera, showed the meeting without censoring Mrs. Obama’s face, Bloomberg reported.

Personally to me, this was a snub by the First Lady to the Saudi King. It was intentional, let's face it. She knew what she was doing and can't claim ignorance. But I will be curious to see if an "apology" comes up in the next couple of days. I really don't think a head scarf is that major of an ordeal for this case. It's not like they asked her to commit FGM, or marry one of their men. Heck I think even Hillary has worn the head scarf. Has she not? Please refresh my memory because I honestly forget. It's not like Michelle was moving to the area, it was just for a short time, what was the harm in wearing it for that small window of time? I'm honestly curious what others think?

There are staffers whose full time job is protocol and customs. They knew what was expected.

I wonder if her husband bowed to the Saudis this time too.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Could we get her face blurred all the time please?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

who`s that blonde hair lady, she isn`t wearing a head scarf either.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally, I'm all for Michelle wearing a burqa at all times to show her solidarity with Muslim women.

A nice, opaque burqa. If possible, sound proof as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
originally posted by: Tardacus

Maybe a White House Staffer?

An Aide of Michelle's possibly? I honestly don't know.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She was probably afraid she would be labeled a Muslim.

c'mon, if she wore one, it would be on FOX NEWS for the next month, and used in every political sound bite from then on....and let's not forget....Merkel of Germany, Laura Bush of America, Hillary of America, ALL OF THEM didn't wear head scarves....this subject is a none-starter.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
She should not go in a first place in that shiet hole.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Could we get her face blurred all the time please?

Thanks!

Why ? She has done more good things than Obama in this 6 years.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Neither did Condoleezza Rice when she went to Saudi Arabia

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join