It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's Face Blurred By Saudi State TV For Not Wearing A Head Scarf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It has some basis, but isn't accurate.

Saudi Arabia has tough laws concerning other religions, including banning public worship, banning items such as crucifixes and bibles, banning clergy from other faiths and punishing apostasy by death.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I wonder would the wife/wives of the Saudi King do the same if they visited Obama in Washington ? I hear Obama likes them rather naked and sexy...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I don't believe in Saudi Arabia's customs but if I were in the country, as a guest of the President, for a day or two, wearing a scarf covering my hair is the least I could do.

False

The least you could do is not wear a head scarf.

She's not being asked to cover her face. She's asked to cover her hair. BFD!

I do it often just for a bad hair day! Millions of people do it with a scarf.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Ok, so for the rest of life you have to do just that. All the time. Because I said so.

Cool with that?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Except she wasn't asked or expected to cover her hair. Did you not read the article or the part that you QUOTED in the OP about foreigners not being expected to adhere to the kingdom's dress code?

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal. The idiots getting upset and claiming it was a slight are making it a big deal. She wasn't expected or requested to cover up.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

While I find the idea to be ridiculous, it's their country, so blurring her is fine.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Had she done so their would likely be several threads on ATS demanding she not return to the USA for bowing to the will of the Saudis so I think she made the correct decision.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Why would she apologize?

Any Cockoo Clan can setup which ever looney tooney dress codes and bring up what ever significance to those, religious included, but, one does not be stupid enough to abide such nonsense.

Full support and respects for her courage to show to the Saudi Neanderthals that their journey is just about to turn into history.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
No, Saudi TV Didn't Blur Out Michelle Obama's Face When the President Met King Salman

Apparently it was the Youtube uploader who took it upon themsleves to do the blurring.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Good for her!
Now if she could teach Barack how to grow a set like that, we would feel even better.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

?

It is not required by law or anything else for foreign women to wear a headscarf.

Why then is it a snubb? is it because her surname is Obama I wonder?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Good for her for making a stand for womens rights in an opressive society.

^^ Yep. Applause to Michelle Obama.
First thing she's done that I agree with.

Screw Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme

No, Saudi TV Didn't Blur Out Michelle Obama's Face When the President Met King Salman

Apparently it was the Youtube uploader who took it upon themsleves to do the blurring.

you had to spoil the party didnt you
, now those haters will ignore youre post

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Huh, I thought they only made women wear those.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Punisher75 because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Ok, so for the rest of life you have to do just that. All the time. Because I said so.

Cool with that?

She's not being asked to do it all the time. Don't throw the thread because you get mad that I posted a valid argument. She was asked for a day, maybe two. Big deal. I wore one for the last two days because I had a bad hair day. I survived the trauma. How about the next time, we insist we she wear a full burka and hajib? Would that make you more mad? A scarf? You're going crazy over a scarf that many other women visiting the country have worn including reporters. Get over it. She's not being asked to cover her face.
edit on 1/28/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Bit strange to blur her face, when a head scarf would not have covered her face, only her hair...surely, if they were going to blur anything, it should have been her hair?

Or better still...photoshop a head scarf in..sorted.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And just think... they could've saved themselves from all kinds of hassles like this (not to mention thousands of taxpayers' dollars) had they just simply Fed Ex'd a get-well card instead.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Except she wasn't asked or expected to cover her hair. Did you not read the article or the part that you QUOTED in the OP about foreigners not being expected to adhere to the kingdom's dress code?

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal. The idiots getting upset and claiming it was a slight are making it a big deal. She wasn't expected or requested to cover up.

I get that, but it was also their right to snub her for not following their customs, as was their right to not show her face on TV. She was PISSED over being snubbed, but she had to know what she was in for considering she CHOSE not to wear the scarf. You chose not to follow the customs, you can't be mad when they aren't happy about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Had she done so their would likely be several threads on ATS demanding she not return to the USA for bowing to the will of the Saudis so I think she made the correct decision.

You also have to understand, as much as we really do not like them we rely on their oil, and right now it is cheap. In order to keep it cheap, we must kiss their butt for the time being, otherwise, if we tick them off, they can raise the price or just not sell it to us period. She also had the right to not attend and just have Obama attend. The world was ticked when NO one attended Paris. Just Obama needed to attend the funeral and everyone would have been fine with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Why would she apologize?

Any Cockoo Clan can setup which ever looney tooney dress codes and bring up what ever significance to those, religious included, but, one does not be stupid enough to abide such nonsense.

Full support and respects for her courage to show to the Saudi Neanderthals that their journey is just about to turn into history.

I didn't say she HAD to apologize. I said I wouldn't be surprised if some were calling for blood insisting on an apology. I don't think she needs to, personally.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join