It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are men who are not into sports viewed by some as "sissies"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Ummm...maybe it's the pronounced..............lissssppp...

I could be wrong......................................................................Nah...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I only Waste time on hockey and only the NHL.
It is LESS BS than the other leagues or sports. It however has plenty of worms and they can become quite visible.
I can only spend so much time on 'brainy' and brawny pursuits before I must drop something on my toes to interrupt the churn.
I had been a devotee of MLB, which I quit in '64. The NBA until 1986. The NFL until the first cheating scandal of the Suckiots.
I now realize that my knowledge of the stats, players, plans, franchises, yada-yada-yadas had absolutely nothing to do with anything and it is quite often not even good entertainment the majority of the time.

When you consider that the US Government made all of the majors NON-PROFIT ENTITIES, tell me it's not BS.
edit on FridaypmFri, 30 Jan 2015 17:27:34 -060052015 by largo because: Correction of stupidity-could be some time getting that done

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Why is it that men who don't like sports are viewed as not manly or sissies? Just because you are unable to obsess about the athletic prowess of OTHER men and are bored to death watching a bunch of grown men kick a ball around a field, somehow your masculinity is in question.

Don't worry, people who watch soccer are sissies too

edit on 30-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I used to be a huge football and hockey fan.

OldTime Hockey

Gilbert Perreault, the most under-rated hockey legend.

Anyway.

Once I got busy with both business, then moving to AZ, I fell out of staying on top of hockey and football. Then stopped completely.

And now… I have so much more time! All the time spent focused on that is now free and available! It's awesome

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
because, this lol:
www.people.com...
(takes one to know one, nya nya nya, and etc.)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why is it that men who play sports are considered Dbags by everyone else?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I dont know. Never knew it was such a phenomenon. I dont generally watch sports, the only ones I ever did watch were combat sports or more one on one type sports. But things like football or basketball or tennis or rugby or any other such team sport I could never get into watching them. In fact today was the first time I have watched a football game from begging to end. Its not bad but I dont see myself watching it all the time like some do.

Its just groupings, and labeling, just something people do, kind of the red vs blue thing. Nothing really important really, so why take it so serious?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It is to protect themselves, they think that is what it means to be men. Sports is just a game form of war. Almost childlike. And men usually fight wars, you know its masculine, hence the connection. But they just don't know any better.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I have the answers.

The world is based on pride. The female mind is based on pride. Women only like competitors, winners, survival of the fittest, etc.

That is why we are broken hearted - because we know the truth of God, and in following the truth of God, we are hated by the world and by the female mind because we are humble. We will not give the power hungry women the manipulation that they want because we already understand this. When women see that we understand - they run away as fast as they can - because they can only love a man who gives them a chance to manipulate them or who dominates them.

But if you truly love God, you cannot be manipulated, and you cannot dominate. Therefore the holy men have to go through life celibate. It is just the way it is, no matter how pitiful, but it was like that 2,000 years ago also. We only had a couple decade of world history when women became very attractive and also loving, but soon after they realized how many tools they had for manipulating man with their new attraction, they quickly sided with the devil.

That is why if you really want to be holy, when talking of the world - it is a LOSE LOSE situation. But we are holy not for this world, correct? yes, we are holy for the well being of our soul - NOT OUR EGO!

Also, I can prove my opinions with data. That golden generation of faithful women stuck with their husbands, In the 90s when I claim the manipulation started we can prove it by the data, and the divorce rate. Women just cannot be holy, they have such a huge ego it would probably take them 1,000s of years to just evolve enough to even consider being holy.
edit on 12Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:11:05 -0600America/Chicago15America/ChicagoSun, 08 Feb 2015 12:11:05 -0600 by greyer because: DIVORCE

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

You should probably tone down the sexism if you wanna do something about that celibacy thing...

ps: materialism is the progenitor of the ego, not ovaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join