It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ancient sarcophagus found on MARS??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tichy
a reply to: amazing

Well you could ask those guys within the one-way-ticket Mars One project to do some archaeologic excavations for us. They'll have lots of spare time anyway i guess

That's what I'm hoping for. They'll spend lots of time digging!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I usually have no problem debunking Mars images of this nature, but a couple of the objects in question are very interesting. It is not impossible to get precise square or rectangular structures in nature, but it is not common either. Geology has a lot to do with it, as well as the life cycle of the rocks in question. They can fracture in a specific way underground, make their way to the surface, and you can end up with a rock that looks unnatural, even though it is natural. One thing that is even more rare with rocks however is the beveling that appears to be present on a couple of the specimens.

It looks perfect. That is highly unusual in my opinion. Especially considering the edges do not look broken, but have been rounded. Perhaps the angle of the images gives a false impression, which can happen, but I would not expect to find rocks like this in nature very often. I am specifically referring to the bottom image of the long rock. Not only that, but look at the top portion. It is not rounded, such as one would expect with erosion, and this rounding appears to have occurred unnaturally since it is symmetrical. It is quite unusual to have an erosional feature on one side, with an identical erosional feature on the other, with the end result being a shape instead of a flat surface. That is my opinion anyway. I cannot conclude that these rocks are not natural, because of the possibility of them only appearing this way due to the angle of the shot, but I cannot dismiss these like I have all the other Mars images I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow the egyptians were an interplanetary civilization! Awesome!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I actually love looking at anomaly pics as one of my favorite "what if's" and speculate.

However, this...

looks like a fractured rock to me.

I honestly don't know what else it might be.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubSea

That people totally refuse to believe that in the long distant past there could have been an advanced civilization on Mars is beyond my comprehension, except for the fact they are so saturated with the dimwitted thought that Earth MUST have the only life in the universe.

Please show us where anybody states the belief that Earth has the only life in the universe. Please find a quote stating this premise. I seriously doubt that you can find a quote from even the most ardent skeptic or debunker claiming Earth MUST have the only life in the universe.

As for there being an advanced civilisation on Mars, the evidence is not in your favour. Blown up 'enhanced' images of rocks (albeit interesting looking ones) is only evidence of interesting shaped rocks on Mars.

I would be more than willing to accept there was an advanced civilisation that existed on Mars, if there was compelling evidence presented. This is not it.

There is the possibility of that microbial life forms existed on Mars,. Perhaps not as exciting for the 'NASA lies' adherents, but very exciting for some.

Possible microbial life on Mars
edit on 27-1-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Initially it might also look like a fractured rock. However, the thing that really gets me thinking is how this particular rock stands out from the surrounding environment and the precise straight angle at which it has fractured.

This perfect straight angle, with even a smooth rounded edge, is what really makes me doubt it's just a rock. It just seems too artificial to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

AT first I read the heading as another Asparagus found on mars.
That would be as likely.

Its just a wee thing. and straight lines can happen naturally.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

This.

a reply to: SubSea

Of course (up to this day) no one can tell for sure, wether there has been any life on Mars or not but meanwhile we do understand his geological past better.

If you look at the Evolutionary History of Mars you'll soon find out, that it is unlikely, that higher lifeforms (such as Mammals for example) ever developed there.

The reasons therefor are, that:

1. The era in which Mars may have had a warmer climate, including liquid water and a more dense atmosphere was approximately over around 3.7 billion years ago. Beside the possibility, that more complex molecules may have formed during this period, the overall conditions for complex life were not that good.

2. This time-period was also the time of the Heavy Bombaredment in our solarsystem. Also, the volcanic activity on Mars itself was pretty high still.

In later eras, like the following Hesperian Era the climate

began to change to drier, dustier conditions.
    and

Water that might have flowed on the Martian surface during the Noachian era may have frozen as underground ice deposits.

3. Also, it's believed, that within the earliest era in Mars' geological history the magnetic field, Mars once had, was lost. This could be one reason for the loss of most of his athmosphere.

So, if you think it through the chances for an ancient, high-developed civilization on Mars are pretty poor. Still i think, that complex molecules could have been formed and may even been seeded to earth due to impacts of asteroids for example.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Really intersesting, but I must say I am very sceptical. We have to wait for further information.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There's another piece of "rock" around 4-5 o'clock from the circle, seems to be a part of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Probably only a jettisoned cargo pod from a passing interstellar freighter.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So im thinking natural and small. But.....if I was gonna play aling I think it looks more like a roman pillar fallen off its base

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The only Mars pictures I trust are the satellite photos, which do show interesting structural anomalies. The surface pictures from the rovers are likely staged. I dont think they want us to know what the actual surface looks like from a first person perspective.

I cant agree more, totally.
The #ing desert ground squirrel photo is what did it for me.
Tbh, i suspect mars may be fully habitable, TODAY... i mean what proof do we have that Never A Straight Answer is giving us truth? Or any of TPTB's space agencies,

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Natural rock pool in Ireland Poll na Bpeist
a natural rock formation that looks man made. here on earth. naturally formed.

this I found after a quick google search for 'natural rock formations with straight edges' I was looking for the Giants Causeway as an example but this pool is better imo.

it's not Aliens - its just rocks!
(pics or it didn't happen!)
edit on 29-1-2015 by CrastneyJPR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to understand hexagonal basalt columns?

Do we really need to discuss tombs wen we have not yet seen a microbe up close from these rovers?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

But but but....THEY wont ever release that info

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: gortex
I think it's more a case of wishful thinking on the part of Martian Archaeologist than Pareidolia but rocks come in all shapes and sizes both here and on Mars.

Here's a challenge for all you "rock" sayers:

Find and post a pic of a naturally formed rock here on Earth that looks like what is shown in the OP. Should be easy since everything looks like rocks to you all, right?

I think this is something unnatural lying on the surface of Mars. Hunk of spaceship, piece of a structure, Martian dumpster, whatever. It looks manufactured to me.

I'll bite.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iknowyou

This is probably the most logical post I've seen in a Mars pictures thread. Well done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join