It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: midicon

If that were your daughter, you should be more concerned as to why you did not give her the proper mental-health care that she so obviously needed. You should be more concerned with what in her life had brought her to the point of two attempted suicides (from what I've read...that could be inaccurate) and then this scenario where she walks into a police station and assaults a police officer multiple times until she is shot dead.

If that were your daughter, I'd be concerned about her actions and yours as her parent. And if you really would "finalise [your] affairs and plan the most effective means of retaliation," then I'd fully understand where her mental instability originated.

I don't know the girl's history other than she was bi-polar. All of that is irrelevant anyway as I am talking about the scene that played out in the police station. This young woman need not have died.

My daughter is pretty normal but if by some twist of fate and circumstance she had a breakdown and her life was ended in that fashion I would react accordingly.

In truth I don't really care what you would be concerned about.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Between 10%-20% of victims shot by a gun die from the attack.

About 30% stabbed by a knife die from the attack.

You were saying what about credibility?

I'm guessing you've never trained in either knife or gun defenses...

Here's a interesting article for you. Please read it...it will be a good step in this credibility problem you talk about.

This one is good, too:

“It’s probably one of the highest levels of threats we can face,” said Steve Summerville, president of Stay Safe Instructional Programs and a retired staff sergeant with Toronto Police, speaking knives and other sharp-edged weapons.

“They are silent, they require no skill, no training, they’re easily concealed,” he said. “If you have the ability to move your hand you can cause life-threatening, if not fatal, injuries.”

Although mass shootings have dominated headlines, it’s knives, more than guns, that concern Chris Roberts, managing director of Safe International.

“Both are very frightening,” Roberts said, “but in my opinion, if both are in close range, a knife is more dangerous … it can come at you from so many different angles.”

Even the idea of preparing for a knife fight seems like “an oxymoron,” Summerville said, since there is no way to guarantee a high level of safety.

Also, this quote in this article makes a few good points:

... It’s possible that had the attacker been armed with a firearm more would have been injured or killed, but there is no question that edged weapons are as deadly as firearms, particularly when one considers that the majority of lethal force encounters with guns are easily within knife range. In many ways, the wounds they inflict are more painful and long-lasting than gunshot wounds.

The police recognize this, and competent police training includes the Tueller drill, which comes from an insight and research by police officer Dennis Tueller. An attacker armed with a knife can close a distance of at least 21 feet, perhaps more, before a defender armed with a firearm can react, draw, fire and stop them. This is true of the average person armed with a knife, not a trained martial artist. Therefore, virtually anyone holding a knife within 21 feet represents a potentially lethal threat.

A single attacker armed with a knife, particularly in a crowd, can cause substantial damage, as was demonstrated in this case. Too many media commentators know little or nothing about weapons and tactics. Firearms are not magical death machines. Each and every one must be properly and carefully aimed, and more than 80% of those hit by handgun bullets do not die.

The bolded portion can be directed at many ATSers as well. I don't claim to be an expert in gun and knife defensive techniques, but I rightfully claim to be in ongoing training in both, as well as hand-to-hand combat tactics that emphasize survival by any means necessary, not point systems to win tournaments. That's the credibility that I have and the only one I care about--not people on ATS who obviously don't have any real training and think it appropriate to claim knowledge that they don't have.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That's fine...don't concern yourself with my concerns. But I have a special-needs son, who, while not prone to violence or suicidal tendencies, does have irrational and uncontrolled, over-dramatic reactions to things (he's high-functioning autistic). My wife and I undergo every single type of proper care, psychological help, home remedies, and proper parenting techniques that we have available to us, and we're still researching more to ensure that we're doing the best we can on behalf of our son...which has really made me have to change my parenting style.

But, fate forbid, if my son acted in a similar manor and there was a similar outcome, I would be heartbroken and angry at the situation overall, but I would have the understanding and intelligence to know that the officer had every right to protect himself from someone running at him with a knife raised to stab him. I wouldn't blame him, and I would have understanding that my son wouldn't have fully comprehended what he did, but there's zero way for that officer to know the assailant's motivation or true intentions.

So, in truth, your reaction would be illegal and wrong, and you'd probably go to jail for it--not the best way to honor the memory of your child, IMO. But don't worry about that...you don't care.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 30-1-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
...I would hope that any and all posters would try to look at events as individual events as they certainly are. Just because you have a deep hatred for the police, doesn't mean that every event is the cops fault. Members of this site usually rise to the occasion. Some don't, but most do.

Disappointingly, I think I must disagree with you on the bolded portion of this post. If you go through all of these 'posse comitatus' threads, the average commentor or starrer (you know, stars comments...TM me!) supports the ignorant assumption that every case where a civilian is shot, injured, or killed by LEO is absoultely the fault of the LEO and that it was unjustified and indicative of this overly oppressive police state under which we live.

For the most part, their full of crap and armchair quarterbacks with nothing in the fight except an screen name, and avatar, and their opinions. For others of us, we have a little more to consider.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

For the most part, their full of crap and armchair quarterbacks with nothing in the fight except an screen name, and avatar, and their opinions. For others of us, we have a little more to consider.

First take the beam out of thine own eye.

Let's see...screen name...check, avatar...check, opinion...check. It would appear you fit right in.

More to consider...maybe that is where the other stuff comes in.

There is nothing to consider other than what is presented in the video. We can make up our own minds.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: network dude

TWell, maybe they were doing terrible things and were pure evil. But, until you have some facts, you know nothing. Why did an innocent girl walk into a police station with a knife? xt

Here's some facts, multiple officers shot a teen-aged girl multiple times when lesser force could have been used. Do you honestly believe that her and her knife (the knife cannot even be confirmed at this point) were a real threat to these officers?

Personally, I doubt that she was a lethal threat.

Curious to know your thoughts after watching the video.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Other than that, you can keep your little what-if-they-had-these-physical-attribute scenarios to yourself, because they are a pointless discussion.

You didn't answer my question... At what point does the person's physical attribute come into play. Are they pointless because any struggle is a "felonious assault against the officer" and a death sentence if it continues...whether you are a 280 pound 6'6" man, or a small 17 year old girl or a 5 year old kid...right?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

About 30% stabbed by a knife die from the attack.

How many knife attacks from very small girls end up in death... lol

That is my point in all this...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

We see her handcuffed by him in the video. Did he just do a bad job? How come the other officers didn't swarm, and make sure she was cuffed. It makes no sense.

You have to agree it makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I am the one sticking to the facts. I have posted new articles that show the second girl was hit in the leg. THe witnesses saw it to, and the police have admitted it.

Why are you so defensive of police. Are you a cop? Cop's wife?

He murdered one girl, and shot he other fact.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

"We" see her handcuffed....

Yet "we" see her using both hands.

Must be some super stretchy handcuffs.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: thesaneone

El WRONGO. Car wasn allegedly stolen - cops were there because of a suspicious car (it wasn't suspicious), some reports say it was a family members car. Even if it were stolen.. when I was young kids used to joy ride - they didn't get murdered for it.
Second the cop wasn't really injured. Lie two. He was upset at the girls for filming him and pulled his gun. He was beside the car when he shot (not in danger). If he were in front of the car.. then he's even dumber than I thought because killing the driver would assure he was hit.

Yeah sorry you apologist. Everyone including the neighbors who were threatened for filming knew this was a made up story for a cop that got mad and killed girls. It was a family members car. He shot into their open window. He murdered a 16 year old girl and shot another.

THEN the motherf***er dragged their limp and lifeless bodies out of the car, and cuffed and searched them never calling for medical.

You are lying and misleading and just disgusting. You are going to support a coward that murdered a teen girl.

The cop went to the hospital because HE HAD TO to back up his lie. The injury to his leg amounted to nothing. Most likely from jerking the girls out of the car or scrambling. Not from the car which didn't move. He shout them out of FEAR they would hit him. Not because he really did.
EVERYONE KNOWS HIS STORY IS A LIE.

Do a little research instead of listening to just the cops side.

It's funny that you're talking about doing research when your recitation of the "facts" is off. Only one teen was shot. One of the officers got a broken leg.

I'm sure he just broken his leg dragging them out of the car though.

Take your own advice man. Do research from all sides. Not just one. And then stick to facts when you try to offer commentary. Don't exaggerate the facts, because all that does is make it look like you don't really know what you're talking about

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then you tell me what the officer was doing when he was on top of her and got his cuffs out? He cuffed her, he may have just not done a very good job.

Why did he got off her in the first place. I think she laid there until she realized she could get her hand out of a cuff then got up.

WHY DID THE OFFICER GIVE UP CONTROL?:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wrong.. you don't know what YOU are talking about.

Denver police shot and killed a female suspect after they claimed the car load of teenagers was going to hit officers with the vehicle. One of the girls was shot in the leg. Another, Jessica Hernandez, 16, wasn’t so lucky.

Link discussing second girl shot

Also why didn't he immediately call of an ambulance instead of dragging her dying body out of the car to cuff and seearch her? Was he hoping to find something to justify his actions. You and I both know this was a bad shoot. Stop kissing up to cops. They are killing dozens of tens yearly for no reason.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Dunno what he was doing. He wasn't handcuffing her though. You ignored my other post about your ridiculously speculative claims.

I see no need to continue the debate with somebody who's making it up as they go.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ahhh okay. So a second girl was shot. Thanks for the correction.

Sad though. You utterly ignore the glaring errors in your own commentary in your rush you point out mine.

Agenda noted

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If you can provide a link that the officer admitted that another was shot that would be great.

And no I don't know any cops personally I just don't believe in jumping to conclusions before the facts come out in other words I use my head in such matters and not my heart.

So if you can gogo find me some links that prove what you are saying.

Oh yea countercurrent news is a police bashing b.s news source, got something a bit more reputable?
edit on 31-1-2015 by thesaneone because: To add

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They should have tasered her. End of story except for the Anonymous connection. Seems like someone has a stake in keeping these kinds of stories alive. I am saying this right here. My hunch is that Anonymous is propaganda. That's controlled opposition. It makes sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
lets see. three cops. one 17 year old girl. cops have pepper spray, pr24's and tasers. girl has a knife. between the 3 cops they had a combined total of 9 non lethal weapons they could have used to subdue a girl with a knife. did they know that this girl was sonya blade or princess kitana? was that why all three went for their guns instead of using the other options?

why even bother giving cops other weapons? lets just arm them to the teeth with machine guns and give them judge dread type legal powers!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join