It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i have one question for those citing the hazards of alligators and venomous snakes :

why dont these dangers apply to alledged " skunkapes " too ????

As for venomous snakes, they may have built up a natural resistance to them, having spent their lives living in areas full of such snakes. Even some humans can get bit by a venomous snake and think nothing of it... I've even watched a documentary of a guy who intentionally introduces snake venom into his bloodstream because he thinks it makes him healthier. Obviously he has built up a resistance to it, or else he would be dead. Or it could simply be that due to a larger body mass, snakes are less of a threat.
For the issue of alligators, if the alligators don't see them as natural predators and simply stay away, then the skunk apes/sasquatches can probably just kill them with their bare hands if the need arises.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is the only really "strange" subject that I have an interest in, due in large part of a sighting I had in Texas not too long ago. Thus I am 100% convinced that the animal known as "bigfoot" or "sasquatch" exists. There are probably hundreds of pieces of video footage of purported sasquatch, and some of them are likely authentic. However, the main problem lies in the fact that video evidence amounts to literally nothing. It is not proof, and is not even scientifically-admissible evidence. Along with this problem is the fact that video footage can only show so much, and when it comes to an animal that will not let a person get too close the majority of the footage obtained will be from a distance. And considering the animals live in the woods, and since woods are notoriously difficult to see through, another large percentage of visual evidence will depict a creature obstructed by foliage.

Having studied in detail a number of the thousands upon thousands of reports that have been filed, about 5,000 in the BFRO database alone, I can confidently say that IF the subject of this video is a bigfoot, that the animal did not see the cameraman. Generally speaking videos of this nature are hoaxes, mostly because it is uncommon for a sasquatch to be oblivious to its surroundings. It will usually notice a person before a person notices it. This is common sense considering that sasquatch blend into the foliage much better than a human, and sasquatch do not go around making lots of noise like people tend to do. I hypothesize that sasquatch's main method of detecting humans is sound, but these animals likely see about as well as we do, give or take. It is much harder for the eye to pick out a stationary target as opposed to a moving target, which is why you will come across cases of sasquatch remaining motionless, likely in an attempt to avoid detection. You can walk within 10 feet of something an not see it if it blends well with the background and is not moving. The eye is attracted to movement, plain and simple.

Anyway, it is possible for a sasquatch to not notice a person, it just does not happen as much as the other way around. Therefore it is rare to get a video of a sasquatch going about its business, since usually by the time a person gets a camera out the sasquatch has already spotted the human and is walking away. It adds another level of difficulty for analyzing video evidence, because hoaxers seem to love to depict bigfoot for only a few seconds before it disappears into the trees. So while this is a natural behavior, it is one of the easiest ways for a hoaxer to show a bigfoot, without allowing the necessary time and details for later study.

So analyzing the behavior of the subject in a bigfoot video often does not tell us anything. One thing we can be certain of with this video is that the subject is either a bigfoot or a human, probably in a suit. Obviously it can be nothing else, like a bear. It is obviously bipedal, and has arms similar to a human. A huge problem arises from the lack of detail. This lack of detail is, as I said, common. Not because all videos are hoaxes, but usually because of the nature of sasquatch coupled with the limitations of most consumer cameras. A clear view of the subject can be had, but if the distance is 50 yards away, or even less, no minute details will be visible. You can only conclude that it must be a bigfoot or a man in a suit. That is what we have here. The camera is just no sufficient enough to provide a lot of detail, meaning that we can analyze only the broadest features. The foliage obscures details in this video as well. I cannot get an accurate picture of the limb proportions, which can tell us a lot, nor can I get a view of the facial features, which would likely tell us if this is real or fake.

I will let everyone in on a secret for analyzing any bigfoot video, although the tool doesn't help us much in this instance. One thing the vast majority of hoax videos have in common is that the actor uses a store-bought suit. Usually these are inexpensive, and are not tailored to the wearer. If you focus on the legs, especially the area around the calves, you can spot a hoax very quickly. A real bigfoot, including the one I saw, has muscle definition. And not only that, the muscles move when the animal walks or runs. Many hoax videos depict a leg that is basically straight down. What you are seeing is the fabric, like a pair of pants, that goes flat down the leg, especially around the calves or ankle area. A biological bigfoot will have more definition, and not only that, but the thigh area is going to be larger than the lower leg. This detail is so often overlooked that it is a good indicator. But it is not that it is overlooked as much as it is a difficult detail to alter on a suit, while maintaining any believability.

One way hoaxers get around this is to depict a limited exposure bigfoot, or only show the best features of the suit. You ever wonder why hoax videos rarely depict facial features? Because it is difficult to make them look believable. Someone who is knowledgeable where the animals are concerned, especially those who have seen one of the animals, will be able to immediately spot a hoax if they can compare the face to what they know a bigfoot looks like. Thus hoaxers rarely show the face. Sometimes they obscure the less believable details through foliage, making the actor take a certain path. The video in question might be real, and the bigfoot is definitely doing something a bigfoot would likely do, but there is just not enough detail to be certain. There is nothing I saw that immediately suggests a hoax, but I haven't scrutinized it thoroughly.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Certainly an interesting video. Being in Louisiana and familiar with swampy areas, the one thing that really stood out to me about the video is the audio... or lack of.

Listen carefully. You hear birds. You hear movement in the canoe. Anyone notice what you don't hear??

Splashing.

You can see the water splash when it walks forward, but you never actually hear the splash...and you should be able to hear it. You see the foot come up above water and come down into the water. You see the splash of the water when it does this but no sound. This puts up a red flag for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

The other thing you don't hear is the camera man.....saying what the hell is that ? I think it's a hoax. Just my gut feeling though

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: GArnold

Crazy....I went to the blog that posted this and they have a clip of it narrowed down that shows what appears to either be a long tail or a snake possibly biting the backside as it is walking through the swamp.

The more I look at this footage the more I think this is a real creature, though I have no idea what....it just has that very natural appearance and movement to me.

Thank you for embedding the video.

Where was the blog located?

I have seen a lot of bigfoot videos and swamp ape in my time.. but this one just seems to be the real deal. The movement and the sounds are on point.

Blog is here : Blog

Said it was in Tampa, FL. where this was filmed.

I was truly interested until that. Tampa is like the capital of Floridian hoaxes, frauds, scams and low lifes.

Now I take this with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy

The other thing you don't hear is the camera man.....saying what the hell is that ? I think it's a hoax. Just my gut feeling though

Well if you believe the story of the guy who filmed it, he thought he was filming a bear.

I really like this one. Unlike most bigfoot videos you see these days, it's not easily dismissed.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a stabilised version - looks like it was filmed on a phone

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You might want to listen again with headphones on. You can hear the splashing as it walks to the right.
edit on 27-1-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: GArnold

Crazy....I went to the blog that posted this and they have a clip of it narrowed down that shows what appears to either be a long tail or a snake possibly biting the backside as it is walking through the swamp.

The more I look at this footage the more I think this is a real creature, though I have no idea what....it just has that very natural appearance and movement to me.

Thank you for embedding the video.

Where was the blog located?

I have seen a lot of bigfoot videos and swamp ape in my time.. but this one just seems to be the real deal. The movement and the sounds are on point.

Blog is here : Blog

Said it was in Tampa, FL. where this was filmed.

I was truly interested until that. Tampa is like the capital of Floridian hoaxes, frauds, scams and low lifes.

Now I take this with a grain of salt.

Yeah, like totally....What a pointless and offensive addition to a good thread.
I live down here, there are good and bad areas, just like any big city.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have to say that this is an extremely interesting video. I'm not sure if it is authentic, but the creature's interactions with the environment look legitimate, as does its movements. I'm not sure if this is some poor attempt at a hoax, but if it is a fake, it is one of the best i have seen.
edit on 27-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Been reading some of the youtube comments. One person pointed out, if shot in the winter there would be less snakes and alligators out. The same person said the big foot is almost the same size as a human. Another comment suggested the amount of blackness where the big foot walks through is a dead give away to a hoax. He says the actor could be wearing a big bright yellow colored suit (or any bright color), then later delete the yellow out and re-color the person black in the editing room.

I originally thought the Big Foot could have been added in, and created with computer animation software, or taken from a video game or already used animation. Now hearing that it's not out of question for it to be a guy in bright protective fishing/hunting gear then later edited, re-colored, and edges "cleaned up" with video special effects to look like a Big Foot, well that seems feasible too.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

Wow! It's been a while since I've seen some footage that good that looks very very real. Good catch.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
During the 1980's, my wife lived with her mother and father in FLATEWOODS PARK, in the Park Ranger house. FLATWOODS PARK bumps up against LETTUCE LAKE PARK; they are connected and have the same river running through them, and connected woods. My wife's father 'Steve' worked as the Park Ranger in Flatwoods and Lettuce Lake during the time when they just been began as public parks. There were very little trails at the time.

You can view the old ranger home my wife lived at on Google Earth here: Latitude: 28° 6'55.61"N Longitude: 82°18'7.28"W

My wife told me years ago, that as a teenager during her years at Flatwoods and Lettuce Lake Parks, she use to jog the trails. She sometimes would stop at a pump house located on one of the existing trails, and sit at a bench and do some stretching. During those moments, she would get a very strange feeling she was being watched. She didn't know by who or what, because no one during the start up years really came to the park. At night, and several times a week, she and her family would hear terrible screams off in the woods, like a women being murdered, but her dad Steve said it was most likely a Bobcat. But my wife knew the cries of a Bobcat, and it sounded nothing like one, it sounded very much like a women screaming blood curling screams. When this story and video recently broke, my wife and I sat and watched it, and she reminded me again of her teenage years in Flatwoods, and then came to the conclusion that what was watching her at the time was possibly a Bigfoot. Back in the 1990's, a hiker in Flatwoods came across remains of a body, just the leg bone with a sneaker on it's foot. Police came and searched the area, and found more of the remains, but a further search of various parts of Flatwoods turned up various other bodies parts. The police believed at the time Flatwoods may have been used as a serial killers dumping grounds. My theory, Bigfoot isn't all that nice. Go to YOUTUBE and watch the videos on "Missing 411". It's about real true accounts of hundreds of missing people and children in national parks, that can't not be explained and have unusual and paranormal circumstances.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Ringlerum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great footage, yes I agree it is a snake in his hand, And that is why I believe he didnt care about the puny human there, as he was Hunting!. Notice he was playing with the water, then strikes the water, as in hitting something, then walks off with a long floppy thing.
Yes, he was hunting for snakes with his bare hands........not impossible to do...Crikey even Umans do it (sorry Steve Irwin RIP). I have seen Australian native peoples also catch snakes with there bare hands, apparently they taste like chicken...sort of.
I reckon this is a real find, what more evidence do people need?
Of course, it could just be some inbred human swamp person, like all the "Hillbilly" crazy movies they make.....but a hairy hillbilly.

edit on 27-1-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
While I think the debunkers in this thread are pretty ridiculous given what they have said, I don't really think it matters. This is no longer a planet where video evidence is reliable - if it ever was. I'm far from a skeptic, but bring me a body, some hair, something. Anything. I don't care how clear the video is or isn't - it's a video.

Honestly, I've always been into the stranger things in life. I don't need video evidence to believe in strange things, I can do so based on eye-witness testimony from reliable witnesses (and myself). That's enough for me. Some would say that's not a lot, but I would say it's enough to know that something is out there; whatever it is.

It just doesn't seem to be worthwhile to me. Even with the clearest, cleanest video possible, debunkers will show up spouting their nonsense...the sad thing is they're right - just not for the proper reasons.

This video could absolutely be real. I just don't think it matters one way or the other. No one here is going to prove that this video is real. No one here will prove that it isn't. It will be a lot of fanfare to get to the same place: Nowheresville.

Now, somewhere in there, we will find that many of us feel strongly about the subject matter, on both sides. People will argue, based almost entirely on their opinion before ever even seeing the video. I just don't think it matters. I think we'd be better served discussing why we don't have any evidence, despite so many accounts.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I agree. I watched that part over and over. It's drinking, pauses for a moment, strikes the water with its left arm, grabs it out of the water with its left arm and saunters off down the creek. Looks like this BF is a southpaw.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Enjoyable video. Not sure if it's hoaxed or not.

A lot of people here are theorizing the thing has a snake latch onto it's hand. Personally I do not see that at all. I don't see anything that resembles a snake. Maybe I am looking at the wrong spots or at the wrong time? Perhaps someone would be willing to get a screen snip and point it out? I also don't think it hit the water. What it seemed to be going on to me was this. The thing is drinking from the swamp, and does not notice the human presence. Just before it "hits" the water and moves off, the camera man makes a bunch of noise. It's at this time the creature takes notice and immediately moves off. It's the movement to get up and get out of there that makes it look like it smacks the water imo.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold
Well if that is not fake or if your not pulling our leg here.
Then I would have to say, and the video at least got the right verbiage for it.

But DAM! Now that is some compelling footage of Bigfoot.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's just my cousin Jed picking morels. What's the big deal?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
ok i normally laugh at the bigfoot photo's or video's but this one has my attention if only for the water drinking and the snake,so just really marking post so i can follow this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join