It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm not understanding how the quality gets better when we zoom it in? It just seems CGI/photoshop to me, with additional trees and shadows added in. There's glare from the sunlight too that seems odd and over dramatic. The sunlight also doesn't reflect off the water droplets on the lens that you notice on the upper right when it's zoomed in. The audio of the big foot splashing around compared to the boat making noises with the water sound too similar in volume. I think a video expert could find flaws with this.

Honestly what happened next? Did the filmer collect samples?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Man...I canoe and hike here all the time. This is right in the city.
Looks like a pretty good sized forest to the n.e.
I can confirm the place is crawling with moccasins and gators, I went through a shallow part and had one slam the canoe....scary as shiat. But I am more worried about moccasins...I had one do a 90 degree turn from 100' away, when I shined my headlight on it, it sped across the pond, up the bank and tried to bite me...I was running backwards through sticks,dragging my dog, in flip flops...not cool.

Someone needs to flir cam that place...awesome

The arms look too long to be a gorilla suit. I might recon that place with trail cams. The drinking source running down the middle of the forest would prob make it easier to get pics.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nice footage despite it being far off where it's harder to tell if it's a fisherman with a large suit on or what have you(seems as though a lot of mistaken BF vids turn out to be so). BF wise: Wading around in it, looks more like trying to get food and or water. But as mentioned with the snakes and or course gators in such an area. Though, would assume of course it's familiar with that, making going after a snake or other.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If someone knows how to contact this guy through youtube, and have him disclose the location, I will go there and look for samples and what not, recreate the videos angles for comparison. I will sit in tht spot w a video from the canoe spot.

Most new cameras and phones geo tag their vids, if you know how to find them...beyond my capabilities.
Not sure if tags are retrievable from vid on youtube, if the guys not willing.

Everything looks the same out there. If I can get a location...it is on like Donkey Kong😄

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i have one question for those citing the hazards of alligators and venomous snakes :

why dont these dangers apply to alledged " skunkapes " too ????

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
If someone knows how to contact this guy through youtube, and have him disclose the location, I will go there and look for samples and what not, recreate the videos angles for comparison. I will sit in tht spot w a video from the canoe spot.

Most new cameras and phones geo tag their vids, if you know how to find them...beyond my capabilities.
Not sure if tags are retrievable from vid on youtube, if the guys not willing.

Everything looks the same out there. If I can get a location...it is on like Donkey Kong😄

You could contact the blog that posted the original and see if they can put you in contact.

bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

Likely this guy had been there before and knows exactly where it was.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i have one question for those citing the hazards of alligators and venomous snakes :

I would say the same reason any animal doesn't fear certain things in their natural habitat....they can beat them. Could also be likely that snake venom does not really affect it, similar to dogs and copperheads....they swell up, but they don't do the same damage to tissue in dogs as in humans. Could also be that the fangs can't get through the thick coat. As for gators....maybe this thing is stronger and has had encounters with them....who knows.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Git the dawgs out after 'im fore he gets too far away.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am from Tampa as well and have gone canoeing in this area for fun...once. That was the last time I went as well as there is literally hundreds if not thousands of gators in the water. As for the snakes there were hundreds of them swimming around us as well, literally. Getting back to shore that day was a relief needless to say and my brothers idiot girlfriend standing up in the canoe and almost knocking us over still strikes fear over me to this day.

As for this video I am a skeptic as well, but knowing the area and getting in the water to film a bogus video of a ape man would be quite ludicrous as has been mentioned. As a previous post said the whole video would do more justice than this clip. If there is an extended video of the clip and surroundings of being actually on the Hillsborough river I would definitely be less skeptical.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Incredible. You can clearly see him scooping up water and bringing it to its mouth. Then when the cameraman makes his presence known, it smacks the water and wads away. That swamp looks like its at least 3-4 feet deep, yet its barely past the creatures knees. You can also tell how strong it must be by the sound of the water sloshing about as it lumbers away. Perhaps even stranger than the footage is the fact that the creature supposedly dove underwater and disappeared... Did it swim away? Was it holding its breath just beneath the surface? Maybe there's some kind of underwater tunnel system...

Great find.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Gh0stwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
At first I was thinking that this was so fake, but when they zoomed in on it and I saw the way it drank water and how it walked and its gait... I think this might be the real deal. This might be up there with Patterson-Gimlin, if not better. Amazing catch by this guy. I just wish they would have slowed it down while zooming in so I can get an even better look.
edit on 1/27/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Not sure..good question... I have been around a ton of big gators...in this actual park.
They are like most sharks, as far as I can tell...not really interested in eating what they cant easily swallow.
And not attacking unless they are ambushing their prey.
I go right up to them on the banks..they act like lizards, still like a log, until you get too close, then they shoot into the water. The hanging into the water splashing, like the vid, makes me nervous...thats how you get eaten for sure.

If i was a giant swamp monkey, I would chill in the trees at night. Being at the swap at night is scary enough, let alone without a light...funk that

That snake hypothesis is interesting...maybe we was drinking, it swam up and it grabbed and drown it for lunch?

I travel by canoe up the river, until it gets skinny, almost like a creek, you have to portage a few trees over the creek, up into parts that are untraveled. There is a ton of dry woods upstream. I have been struck at 3 times, never bitten. The snakes down here travel extremely fast, from their high metabolism...you would have to see one to believe it.

Bears, mountain lions, hogs, all other animals deal with em somehow, the man monkey, if real is prob much smarter....I bet they would just mash em with a giant tree trunk..lol

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I watched it first without any sound. The movement is natural. It's like my sense told me that not my eyes. But who knows. That would be so cool if true. I wouldn't be saying jack # either. I was in the woods once just walking a trail and suddenly a buck was about ten feet away and snorting. I was saying oh # in my head but not verbally, and I just stood and watched from being interested and scared out of my mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
trust me guys - I want to see a vid with proof. This unfortunately doesn't do it for me

What are you on mate? The camera isn't shaking that much at all, and any movement of the canoe, even from suddle sources like momentum and weight redistribution, is going to throw off the camera's veiwpoint because he's moving. He might be holding a damn cell iPhone for all we know. come off it bro.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i would say that the "tail" is a snake in its left hand.
It does not slap the water to kill or stun a snake, It slaps the water in anger when it hears the person filming.
Very compelling footage...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That IS interesting. Thanks for posting it. It looks like a real biped videoed in a swamp... and not quite human looking as far as proportions or hair growth, but who knows.

Good call with 'holding a snake' vs a rare, to never, reported rat-like tail.

BTW, it's interesting that tails are not reported... being a mythical creature and all, one would think the reports would vary with horns, tails, tentacles...heh... unless people are seeing some living, rare critters, that is... and reporting it as accurately as possible in most cases.

As far as the comment "so where's the hair samples?" Those exist. The problem is that they test as either 'unknown' or a human variant... as there are no known man-ape samples to compare anything to and if they are nearly human, then how would one use it for proof of anything...?

Anyway, cool find... I'm still neither a 'believer' or 'unbeliever,' but have spoken to people and seen the compelling evidence that includes footprints with proper structure/anatomy and actual dermal ridges that sometimes appear a thousand miles and many years apart... and if a hoax, then extend a well-deserved 'bravo' to such a dedicated, weird, professional community of hoaxers.

All in all, if anyone bothered to look into it further than the idiotic TV shows, they'd have to admit there might well be bipedal apes or ape-men scurrying around North America... which is really, really weird.

Also of note is the silly arguments and suppositions people make when their reality construct is threatened... good stuff! Canoe rocks too little or not enough... thus FAKE! Heh...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

I am no expert, but this video looks like the real deal to me... Great find!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For a creature supposedly living in that habitat, to me it appears to have quite a difficult time moving around in it. Anyone else feel that way?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

definitely one of the best I have seen, and I have sene a lot.

I used to live North of this area, and there have been sightings since the at least the 1940s all around Tampa and central Florida. Also to me in this video it almost seems like there are two of them. It could be a brown bear but it looks very ape like.
Fantastic find, S&F.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
i would say that the "tail" is a snake in its left hand.
It does not slap the water to kill or stun a snake, It slaps the water in anger when it hears the person filming.
Very compelling footage...

I agree seems like a snake is it's hand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join