It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thank you for the updates......I hate to be on the skeptical side of this debate but, My gut tells me it's a hoax. Although the fishing/hunting scene is very convincingly portrayed and it made me think twice, there are too many countering factors to push me into not believing it to be genuine. But thank you for gathering additional info in our quest for the truth.

Harry

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thank you for the updates......I hate to be on the skeptical side of this debate but, My gut tells me it's a hoax. Although the fishing/hunting scene is very convincingly portrayed and it made me think twice, there are too many countering factors to push me into not believing it to be genuine. But thank you for gathering additional info in our quest for the truth.

Harry

No problem....I am remaining objective about it myself, as far as if it is a sasquatch that is. As for the video, I do think it shows something other than a human and looks very natural to the habitat in my opinion.

The fact the guy that made the video is not coming forward with any more info is disconcerting to me and makes this look more and more suspicious as an attempt to make people believe that, what could be a simple primate, is something other than that.

Either way, until I get more info, all I have to go on is the video, my own thoughts and the emails from the website he did the interview with.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

But look in the water between "Matt's" position and the tree line when he pans his camera all the way left. You can see a "clear blur" on the right side of those frames of what looks like a smaller/young humanoid sitting, legs forward, in the water, staring straight at the camera, not 6 feet away!

I kept trying to see it many times but I couldn't see it. Perhaps you can point it out for us? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

Hahahaha! That could be his friend in a gorilla suit with a added tail... They went there togetherr in a boatt, than he let him of and his friend started recording.... It it was a real animal, the thing would have reacted to the lud sounds starting from 00:53...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My opinion: it's a real film of a real ape. But rather than some unknown creature, this appears to be your standard gorilla. Likely it escaped from someone who was holding it as a pet. Florida provides a cozy home for many non-native animals, like pythons, parrots, and iguanas.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: YUIL553

That has been covered many times in this thread. It is difficult and dangerous to walk through swamp, especially when you're in a suit all wet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

My opinion: it's a real film of a real ape.

Maybe, but

For many years, zoos have used water moats to confine chimpanzees, gorillas or orangutans. When apes ventured into deep water, they often drowned. Some argued that this indicated a definitive difference between humans and apes: people enjoy the water and are able to learn to swim, while apes prefer to stay on dry land.
www.sci-news.com...

I know that^^^^ doesn't mean it's impossible but it raises doubt for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Behavior of the videographers and the animal subject are the least suspect thing about this video, but yes should be considered.

I have spent time in big woods and observed bears, moose and deer, sometimes at relatively close distance. I could have reached out and touched a deer once. (Sidenote: Book by John Brown/Native American on "playing tag" with wildlife)

Animals do not always bolt, often they opt for a slow, careful, cautious retreat.

That said...I approach these things with the most likely first and rank it this way in terms of likelihood..
(1) Hoax, man in a suit
(2) Escaped Primate from local facility
(3) Skunk-ape

My issue is that I am accustomed to debunking these vids quickly and can't confirm (1).

Apes are not averse to water when necessity requires it...there is even some evolutionary theory about the "Aquatic Ape" that is out there, but I haven't looked into it.

If it is a man in a suit...he's gotten the movement down...from drinking water like an ape to moving naturally through insanely difficult swampy shoreline with ease while wearing a huge, insanely hot, awkward, uncomfortable ape suit!

Still lean Hoax...but everything to support Hoax seems weak evidence thus far...circumstantial. We will likely arrive there though.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

That has been covered many times in this thread. It is difficult and dangerous to walk through swamp, especially when you're in a suit all wet.

And who's to say the suit was all wet. Swamps do have higher/drier ground you know, and whatever it is be it a person in a suit a hunter or whatever it goes in about ankle deep, knee deep at the most.

I have a very lightweight Ghillie suit that i could negotiate a swamp in...Very Easily.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But it wasn't seen moving very far and we don't know the conditions there with certainty. How deep is that swamp right there? Have they placed any material there like stones, lumber, or logs?

Watch this video from that park. It appears to show a bigfoot bust in the swamp. @ 1:52 the reporter says "But Legand (the ranger in the vid) points out the swamp in this park is extremely shallow".

@ 1:57 Legand says "If something was in there you would see,,, see it. It would be probably, ankle deep."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

As you might have noticed in the video, it was walking around and splashing in water (that is incredibly stupid if it was a man in suit considering there are many alligators and snakes in swamp).

Though the Ghillie suit is plausible. At a distance and poor quality video, its hard to tell. Like others have stated, if it was a man in suit, he got the movement down.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18935378]Patriotsrevenge
Bigfoot has to be immune to these snakes or skin so tough with all that hair that they cant get though or we would see many of them laying belly up.

That or the heavy gorilla suit serves as protection from snake bites.

Not discounting your story...just thinking through this video.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No, not escaped from a zoo, but rather, a less secure enclosure owned by an individual.
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin
I didn't say from a zoo. That's not the point of the post. The article said "zoo" and that's in the context of zoos using water moats to confine apes.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
No, not escaped from a zoo, but rather, a less secure enclosure owned by an individual.
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Even if it was a Ape of some kind i doubt very much it's first move would be into the sticks. it would probably be so used to humans it would hang around suburban areas feeding from garbage and stealing stuff from wherever it could find it.

How long could a Monkey of any kind having been hand fed since birth last in the wild?...My guess is not very long.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Has the video been shown on any TV stations yet ?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

As you might have noticed in the video, it was walking around and splashing in water (that is incredibly stupid if it was a man in suit considering there are many alligators and snakes in swamp).

Though the Ghillie suit is plausible. At a distance and poor quality video, its hard to tell. Like others have stated, if it was a man in suit, he got the movement down.

There may be Snakes and Gators in that swamp, but snakes and gators are more afraid of us as we should be of them. People have been living in these swamps for thousands of years and the chances of being eaten by a gator are pretty slim.

Splashing will scare a Gator away were he will view the scene from a distance. He'll size you up then if you keep coming back to the same spot and he thinks he can take you, he will have a go.
They dont just Attack without thinking it through first. A huge croc on the other hand will take you from your Canoe without batting a eyelid.

A snake will bite if you get too close for comfort, but you need to get real close.ie, within snake striking distance. The snake has more to lose biting a human than it has to gain...The Snake knows this.

So the Guy in the suit was perfectly safe. Probably scouted the area before hand to remove any dangers anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Please take into consideration he is in a boat. The camera is probably moving because the boat is being rocked by small waves.
a reply to: TXRabbit

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think he is moving around in the boat. I hear the oar hitting the boat which makes me believe he is moving. If it's a canoe, his moving will rock the boat thus the camera movement.
a reply to: TXRabbit

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

There may be Snakes and Gators in that swamp, but snakes and gators are more afraid of us as we should be of them. People have been living in these swamps for thousands of years and the chances of being eaten by a gator are pretty slim.

Splashing will scare a Gator away were he will view the scene from a distance. He'll size you up then if you keep coming back to the same spot and he thinks he can take you, he will have a go.
They dont just Attack without thinking it through first. A huge croc on the other hand will take you from your Canoe without batting a eyelid.

A snake will bite if you get too close for comfort, but you need to get real close.ie, within snake striking distance. The snake has more to lose biting a human than it has to gain...The Snake knows this.

So the Guy in the suit was perfectly safe. Probably scouted the area before hand to remove any dangers anyway.

Again...sounds like someone with absolutely NO experience in a swamp. Splashing will attract gators and crocs....they "listen" for animals that are loud and splashing usually means wounded or being attacked so they will go towards that noise hoping for an easy kill. Animals in these areas, and in the wild in general KNOW not to make noise, hence why most have VERY heightened senses.

As far as snakes go, myself and another poster in here have already said, from experience, moccasins will swim straight for you and attack....they do not swim away. I have had experience with them since I was about 7 playing in the creek near the house I grew up in on the Chattahoochee....copperheads will do the same.....they don't move away, they move towards and if you sneak up on them they sit still and wait for you to get close.

If this was a guy in a suit, he had some big balls to do this.

You seem to think all of this stuff is silly....ok....pick a swamp and send us a video of you hiking through it about thigh to waste deep (10ft is the average depth at the one in the video but gets as shallow as 3-4) and let me know how many leeches, snakes, gators, etc run away from you.....my bet is you never make it back to post.

Gotta love when people speak from what they believe versus actual experience with the environment. I have been there and done that.....and am perfectly confident in calling you out on your "beliefs".

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join