It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-stop Television Storm Coverage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yeah I know the UK has started doing this aswell annoyingly, seems to coincide with American news also, just a couple of weeks ago we had THUNDERSNOW!!! apparently it was going to cause some sort of apocalyptic chain reaction never before seen.

Dunno guess its just another distraction technique to push real news even further off the publics radar.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

its all about fear fear and entertainment .
i always love when they bring you up to date coverage but its usually in an area that the power is out lol so who is watching ....fear

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

You think coverage for an area without power is just to make people scared? You don't think people with family in that area would like to hear what the hell's going on? Or people in the area who happen to have generators or something of the sorts, they wouldn't like some update? No? Just to scare people, right.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Havox

i mean short of hey flood head for higher ground or fire fleee or blizzard bundle up what is there to say or tornadoe go to cellar what else is there to say hey it rained the power is out we will get it on soon
But the news people act like a war is going on they use words like rain event sever thunderstor watch is just a way to say its gonna rain so yes nine out of ten things heard on news is out of fear

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

I'd much rather they give frequent updates and let me know where the situation is, how bad it is, and if it's getting better or worse. Especially during severe weather situations.

Since when do people use words like rain event during a war..?
And severe thunderstorm watch doesn't mean it's just going to rain, it means exactly what it says. That there's a chance for severe weather (ie hail, damaging winds)

Would you rather have 0 warnings and 0 updates? Would you be less scared when all of a sudden your house is being blown over by a storm or your vehicles are getting pummeled by hail, or you're out of the house and you get stuck in a flood? Would you feel safer then?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think what has happened is somewhere sometime ago some weather broadcaster realized if people were scared to death they would stick to watching the weather broadcast to be prepared. So they scared people telling them that the coming storm was dangerous and deadly. It worked, people watched to insure their safety. Since it worked they started to do it more. More ratings increases happened. Now it has gotten so bad that here if it rains a little broadcasters interrupt programming with, "it's the end of the world". The law of diminishing returns has to kick in, I don't listen to weather warnings anymore. It's the "boy who cried wolf" to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join